• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

EOYT 2016 - Possibles, probables and general banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
You could say that about all players.
You could, but all of the players haven't played just about every minute of every game.

All I am saying is that Hooper is on track to have played an unprecedented amount of Rugby at the highest level, after playing an unprecedented amount of Rugby over the last few years.

He's avoided injury so far, which is fantastic, but 8 test matches in 10? weeks, all away, against the best teams in the world, is a huge ask.

Especially when you've already played 23 games

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
In a related note - is this the toughest 10 week strech in the history of the Wallabies?

SA, Arg, NZ, Wales, Scotland, France, Ireland, England all away, flying around the world twice?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ They can keep them, ex Pollies that is.

Most were useless self serving bastards when they started visiting the Mountain Kingdom, and they just get more useless and egocentric after their time there. Stuff them, we exported the lazy buggers, and we don't want them back. Canberra, they're yours.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Got rag-dolled by a coupla Sharks in the tackle. Concerning, but there's no substitute for speed in rugby. Let's hope the Rebels work out how to use Koiro's gas.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Got rag-dolled by a coupla Sharks in the tackle. Concerning, but there's no substitute for speed in rugby. Let's hope the Rebels work out how to use Koiro's gas.

You could say the same thing about all the attributes. Not only speed. Size helps, good handling skills are pretty important, strength, stamina. You name it, there is no substitute for it.

Are you old enough to remember little Billy Feggans? He was the quickest footballer I have ever seen. But only when he was chasing somebody. He could not catch or pass, or even carry the bloody ball. (It was probably too big for him!)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I thought it would have been premature to take Koroibete on the EOYT, but now if there's a chance of a Baa Baas match in France, he could well get a run there to welcome him into the fold. Might even suggest that this match has been scheduled exactly for that purpose.;)

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
You might want to watch nrl grand final again - koroibete was one of best on ground. Can't wait to see him in rugby personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But with Nabuil and Naivalu of similar skillset and then Speight, Naiyara, and Morahan options too.

I think the value in bringing Koroibete on the EOYT isn't worth it. I'd rather they give Nabuil and Naivalu a shot, or further attempt to get Speight back to form.

Status
Not open for further replies.