• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Federal Coalition Government 2013-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
It's a lot like the second bridge over the Clarence River at Grafton or making the Pacific Highway 100% dual carriage way. Brought out every election no real commitment made.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
You could simply remove the curfew and that might mean no second airport of x years into the future.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You could simply remove the curfew and that might mean no second airport of x years into the future.

It would also mean half of Sydney would need to double glaze their houses if they wanted any hope of sleeping at night.

A second airport is an essential piece of infrastructure for a city of Sydney's size.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
First used as an airport in the 1920's. People have known it is there for a very long time and still choose to live there as the land was probably cheaper due to it's proximity to the airport.
I doubt anyone living in the area was there before or just after it commenced operations.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
New runway is going in at brisbane airport.

The flight path cuts a nice line over about 5 of the wealthiest suburbs in QLD.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
First used as an airport in the 1920's. People have known it is there for a very long time and still choose to live there as the land was probably cheaper due to it's proximity to the airport.
I doubt anyone living in the area was there before or just after it commenced operations.

Where do you live?

The flight path over Sydney is frequently cycled so that lots of areas share the noise.

The suburbs closest to the airport obviously cop noise all the time but most suburbs within say 30km of the airport experience aircraft noise at least one day a week.

It is ridiculous to suggest that it is acceptable to have aircraft noise over much of Sydney 24 hours a day rather than expand to a second airport.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)

Avoiding the question - like a politician.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)

How did those 747's go in the 20's?

Assuming that people live in proximity to the airport because it "was probably cheaper" implies they have a choice. Maybe some do, but can you say unequivocally that this is the case for everyone?

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Where do you live?

The flight path over Sydney is frequently cycled so that lots of areas share the noise.

The suburbs closest to the airport obviously cop noise all the time but most suburbs within say 30km of the airport experience aircraft noise at least one day a week.

It is ridiculous to suggest that it is acceptable to have aircraft noise over much of Sydney 24 hours a day rather than expand to a second airport.

So there are no houses at 2nd airport site for planes to fly over.

Yes they fly over my place.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So there are no houses at 2nd airport site for planes to fly over.

Yes they fly over my place.

Of course there are houses there.

Your answer was to just get planes to fly over the current airport 24 hours a day.

No one is suggesting that a second airport would be operating 24 hours a day.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Mending what relationships? I don't think for a second that our reputation was bad in the area. Seems to have just been bending over. A reputation for taking it will be a lot better for the country.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
It's a lot like the second bridge over the Clarence River at Grafton or making the Pacific Highway 100% dual carriage way. Brought out every election no real commitment made.

It just baffles me that the Pacific Highway has not been done.

But then it also baffles me that Australia had to wait until an economic downturn to introduce a disability insurance scheme.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
"Most people who participate in charity walks, swims or rides do so to encourage, assist or improve the income of that charity.
It is usually done selflessly and this personal cost of time and sometimes money is acknowledged and appreciated by society.
Those who are paid to attend charitable functions exclude themselves from the acclamation society affords the charitable. One either gives the time free or needs to declare attendance is for gain of whatever sort."
Allen Outlaw Petersham

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/smh-letters/pollies-partners-give-taxpayers-two-for-the-price-of-one-20131013-2vgqk.html#ixzz2hh5dZZ8J

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Really puts the whole "budget emergency" line the Liberals tow into perspective. While the "worst government in history" was unfolding they didn't seem as worried about the country's finances as we were lead to believe.

It beats me why no one in the house who also opposes the systematic scare mongering of politicians brought this up earlier. Also, why did the journalists take this long?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It beats me why no one in the house who also opposes the systematic scare mongering of politicians brought this up earlier. Also, why did the journalists take this long?

I think a lot of it is trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Check this out:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...gate-politicians-expenses-20131009-2v7i8.html
Help Fairfax Media investigate politicians' expenses

As federal politicians continue to face scrutiny over the suitability of expenses claimed for events such as weddings and sporting activities, Fairfax Media readers are being invited to help aid the search for potentially misused funds.
With thousands of pages of MPs' travel records and expense claims available on the internet, readers are able to contribute to our coverage of this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.