• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Rebels Rd 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Why the fuck if you planned to kick the ball away all nIght would yo not pick Eberhson to start at 10.

But besides that, About right for the talent we have available. I tipped the Rebs by 5.

Burton was fantastic and Morahan might be fighting it out with Brache for a wing spot.

This is what I have thought for the last 3 rounds. Lots of kicking with a poor kicker at 10. Weird.

Ado Tornado

Allen Oxlade (6)
Jeez. It was noticeable when Fuglistaller and Timani went off that the Rebels lost something at the breakdown.

Totally agree. They need to either move McMahon to 7 or give Reid a start because Fainga'a just doesn't have the breakdown aggression and he is a very loose 7. I dont know what Nevile has done not to get picked, but he would give a lot more added starch to the pack than the current back up pair of locks.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Jeez. It was noticeable when Fuglistaller and Timani went off that the Rebels lost something at the breakdown.

Yep, Fugistaller was very strong before he went off. By the end, I thought Higgers was the best forward on the ground, but Mafi certainly had a good game for the Force as well. Rebels' front row shaded the Force front row but there were a lot of injuries to props in this game.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
They had penalties 20m out nearly in front. Ref piggybacked them in.

Yeah so take 3, you're still a couple of scores behind, and now you're back at halfway. Great.

Thing is, the guys out there reading the game, particularly with Timani and Fuglybloke off, thought they were getting on top.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Force carried over some of last weeks play into this week and came up with the same result, like it was Groundhog Day.

Useless grubber kicks when they had finally got their hands on the ball and flat footed receivers in attack are just some of the things they need to get rid of.

For the first few weeks it was McCalman holding the side together but at least that's now being shared with Steve Mafi.

I'm not sure why Godwin is at 13, that needs to change quickly and so does being the better team towards the end of the game.

The Rebels were ok but not great. Mike Harris seems to have found a good home and gives that back line a lot of help when he changes it up with Debrezcini at first receiver.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Hate to say it, but for 2016 the Force desperately need to target a couple of creative outside backs.

This squad at its best will take you within a whisper of the finals, but it seems from the crowds figures having dropped about 4k, the punters want more.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The problem with the Force isn't lack of creative backs out Rasolea at 12. It is Foley as coach. He hasn't learnt anything from his time at the Tahs as head coach himself or with Hickey. If you don't this just go back to YouTube and look at how the Tahs played in a wallaby attacked side. It is almost identical to this. The same decline in the fan base happened to the Tahs as is happening to the Force except you were already close to the hard rusted on kernel of base support. I would have hoped that Foley could develop as a coach and see the limited nature of what he coached before but the signature of the Force is identical to that of the failed Tahs. It's a pity because he has always been one of the best forwards coaches in Oz.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Totally agree. They need to either move McMahon to 7 or give Reid a start because Fainga'a just doesn't have the breakdown aggression and he is a very loose 7. I dont know what Nevile has done not to get picked, but he would give a lot more added starch to the pack than the current back up pair of locks.

I reckon it'll be a horses for courses thing.

Fainga'a is a looser player, but I'd argue his linking game is better for it. They would have known going into the Force game that it was likely going to be dragged down into a forwards scrap so they went with Fuglistaller. It makes sense to me.

Neville must be done. He only started last year when Pyle announced he was heading off overseas. He was given the entire NRC to build some confidence but he can't have kicked on. Either he's not trying in training or they've decided to let him go at the end of the year and so they're bringing the kids through.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I think there is enough talent in the backs to win more games. Godwin should be 12, he is flailing at 13 and looks clueless in defence. Burton at 15 worked. He genuinely looked good. Brache at 13 would be a good move but then Rasolea and Godwin did so well there last year. DHP back soon? He would make a good 14 with badger at 11.
I like the idea of Holmes at 10, he attacks the line. Just tell him not to grubber. Godwin too.
Up front Mafi and McCalman are carrying the team. We need the likes of Faulkner, Wykes and Cowen to step up, and we desperately need Hodgson back, he is the heart and soul of the team.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
How the rebels didn't get a yellow I don't know. Mafi is the best signing the force has made in an age. If the whistle went our way in this game We would of won. It was one of those games. What happened to a home ground advantage? No 50 50 calls going our way. Unlucky. However our defence was average

True, Higgenbottom should have gotten a yellow for deliberately stopping a quick tap . But other than that, I don't think the ref was the difference. The difference was idiotic penalties - one trip by Heiberg for 3 points, and I believe the other was Brache taking out the main the air. That's the difference in the game right there, if we're being literal.

Don't get me started on the number of balls lost in contact. I've never seen a team drop so many. That's just an indication of a team with poor attention to detail. And don't tell me it was a wet ball - they've done it rain and shine.

Last year, they played a simple game, but did the little things well. I don't know what's changed, but it's pretty painful to watch.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Neville must be done. He only started last year when Pyle announced he was heading off overseas. He was given the entire NRC to build some confidence but he can't have kicked on. Either he's not trying in training or they've decided to let him go at the end of the year and so they're bringing the kids through.

I think there was a mention in the Australian a little while ago that the Reds are looking to grab him when Horwill goes. If they do it'll have to be as a project player because he certainly doesn't appear to be worth too much at the moment. Does have potential though, a move might be just what he needs to get his shit together. The rebels clearly look like there moving on from him so I won't be surprised if he does end up here next year.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
To be fair the Rebels also butchered probably two or three genuine scoring chances as well as also coughing up the pill on attack and kicking away turnover ball. Still much to be done. Lineout better but still poor. Defense remains a standout

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Nic and Jack both had there best games at this level last night.

Toby Smith has to be in Cheika sights for the Wallabies at this stage, he is having a great season so far.

Harris is the best signing the Rebels have made, wanted him a few years ago. Never does anything flash but always does the text book right thing, has a great rugby mind.

Shipperly had a good game, English was quite again. Think he will get one more shot against the Lions and if he does not perform will be replaced.

Inman's best game for the season to date, glad he learnt how to pass for Shipperly's try.

Fugistaller should be starting, his a lot more disruptive than Colby.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
That'll be a good move if so. He's big, quick, huge tank, everything you could want from a lock physically. Just isn't a very good rugby player. In fairness he's never played with a senior lock down here, a veteran who can show him how to get around the park properly. I hope he comes good, but I don't think it's going to be down Mexico way.

Status
Not open for further replies.