• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Reds Rnd 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Now he's called 'any reason not to' without seeing a grounding??

Has to be pulled at halftime. At least there's no bias to a team.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
surely now that the Auckland Blues are a massive 3 pts clear of the wooden spoon zone **ALL* gagr members with the last place finishers side as their silly little icon in the corner there should be **FORCED** to sport The Wooden Spoon avatar until the next Super season starts in Feb 2016
woodenspoon_zpsn9mst9hy.jpg

T

Train Without a Station

Force a little lucky to get that try but at the same time, the Reds were unable to contain them and they got into a position to get over the line so it's not like it was a fluke for them.

T

TOCC

I couldn't agree more, what's even more concerning is that this isn't the first time. Before he started this performance I said he was a rugby killer, he's built up enough rep already and something has to be done.

Yep, SANZAR needs to be held accountable as it directly influences the value of their product.. I'm not sure what they need to do, offer better training, a better selection process for referees perhaps? But refs should be governed week to week on their performances, if they aren't up to standard then they are dropped back to lesser comps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djeff

Allen Oxlade (6)
It was a front on hit by slipper. Had no difference in safety whether he wrapped his arms or not. The law would make more sense if shoulders were allowed in the ruck as long as it isnt a "cocked" shoulder or a side on hit. There was nothing in that.

M

Moono75

surely now that the Auckland Blues are a massive 3 pts clear of the wooden spoon zone **ALL* gagr members with the last place finishers side as their silly little icon in the corner there should be **FORCED** to sport The Wooden Spoon avatar until the next Super season starts in Feb 2016

Stop trolling

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Actually this is a battle to decide who is the "Big Spoon" and the who is the "little spoon"

T

TOCC

It was a front on hit by slipper. Had no difference in safety whether he wrapped his arms or not. The law would make more sense if shoulders were allowed in the ruck as long as it isnt a "cocked" shoulder or a side on hit. There was nothing in that.

Nope see my previous posts...
It's s penalty offence, you're splitting hairs and convulting the rule book if you try to include caveats for shoulders which aren't cocked.

ArmchairGeneral

Ward Prentice (10)
And this display is indicative why we have no Aus referees in the top tier anymore. Communication is poor, scrum management is ho hum. Not helped by an average display from both teams.

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Rugby Unions biggest threat isn't from external organisations, it's from within. Promoting referees like this and allowing him to govern and dictate such a slow and disrupted style of game is turning off fans in droves..

My poor spouse was on the end of a rant to this effect until she insisted I STFU.

So - yeah.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Rebels have unfortunately had O'Brien a couple of tomes this year and he is doubtless the most incompetent S15 ref. not biased just fing hopeless

Status
Not open for further replies.