• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Waratahs, R9 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm calling the double bluff. You don't play Beale and Izzy in the centres together and just play territory.

Or if you do it's a major admission as to your own team's inadequacies.

I think that the Waratahs may have overlooked that fact that if we want to play field position they need a dominant scrum or at least one which can provide stable ball off our own feed - neither of which has been evident this year.

Unfortunately, I'm going for your second option.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
We're all enjoying your single-handed campaign to suggest that Gibson is fighting for his job each and every week.

Funny - I think the analogy is like a boxing match, a 15 round match.

He's pretty well behind on points I would think.

You BH are the eternal optimist - hoping for a knockout in the 15th.

Obviously you are very happy with Gibson's performances. TBH, so am I.

BUT I believe as most that Australian rugby need powerful NSW and Queensland (and Brumby) sides from the Wallaby point of view.

Some criticism should be worn by the players but plenty must also be worn by your mate.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Funny - I think the analogy is like a boxing match, a 15 round match.

He's pretty well behind on points I would think.

You BH are the eternal optimist - hoping for a knockout in the 15th.

Obviously you are very happy with Gibson's performances. TBH, so am I.

BUT I believe as most that Australian rugby need powerful NSW and Queensland (and Brumby) sides from the Wallaby point of view.

Some criticism should be worn by the players but plenty must also be worn by your mate.

He's not my mate and I wouldn't say I'm an eternal optimist. I'd say I'm pragmatic.

You are just a lone voice in suggesting Gibson's job is on the line and have been posting about it since about week two.

This is despite zero mention in the media that this may be the case.

By all means make every Waratahs focused post about Gibson's job being in jeopardy but it has got pretty boring and repetitive.

At the moment this seems more like you're a broken record than a participant in a boxing match.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
He's not my mate and I wouldn't say I'm an eternal optimist. I'd say I'm pragmatic.

You are just a lone voice in suggesting Gibson's job is on the line and have been posting about it since about week two.

This is despite zero mention in the media that this may be the case.

By all means make every Waratahs focused post about Gibson's job being in jeopardy but it has got pretty boring and repetitive.

At the moment this seems more like you're a broken record than a participant in a boxing match.

I think you are a wee bit confused.

I am merely a "spectator" not a "participant".

I don't only believe in what is written in the press, however some do.

I have free thought and sometimes actually espouse that from time to time instead to "reacting" to newspaper articles.

I am probably the eternal optimist when it comes to the Reds or Wallabies, but am quite prepared to have my 2 bob's worth (be critical) of coaches, players performances from time to time

M

Moono75

I don't know why Tahs supporters are worried about the scrum. With all our injuries our scrum is held together by a healthy does of duct tape....MacGyver is on our medical staff!

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's difficult to know why the Tahs' supporters are concerned:

Waratahs: 10 Wallabies RWC squad + 2 Wallabies - 12 for 441 Tests
versus
Force: 1 Wallabies RWC squad + 3 Wallabies + 1NZ/1SA/1Sam - 7 for 93 Tests

Force XV average 56 Super Rugby games v Waratahs average 51 Super Rugby games.
BUT big diff off the bench: Force 13 av v Waratahs 65 av.

Waratahs have an initial pack weight advantage of 22kg and go ahead another 15kg when the Front Rows are replaced.

In part these stats explain why the Sea of Blue gets a bit excited with wins.

Go the FORCE!!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^
Those numbers are all well and good, but you know better than most that it is a team game, and it's pretty clear the Tahs are not gelling for anywhere near a full game so far this season. Plenty of "high number" contributors to those raw figures are seriously under-performing. I suspect if you looked at specific performance data the story would look less like a bestseller!
If the Tahs roll out the same game plan with the same level of execution we've seen thus far in 2016, they'll struggle as usual. If, for once, they all play consistently and near their potential, they should win reasonably comfortably. I expect closer to the former than the latter, even though the Tahs should know, surely, what the Force will bring. But I live in hope.

M

Moono75

Refs having a dessert shocker. Has he got a bank account in Panama?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
We my as well start playing NFL rules since you Dont need to ground the ball to score a try anymore

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
We my as well start playing NFL rules since you Dont need to ground the ball to score a try anymore

Or you could brush up on the laws. Tries are awarded almost always in those situations, despite people like Phil Kearns droning on about downward pressure. Try watching and absorbing what goes on in games rather than gibbering the same gibber every week.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Or you could brush up on the laws. Tries are awarded almost always in those situations, despite people like Phil Kearns droning on about downward pressure. Try watching and absorbing what goes on in games rather than gibbering the same gibber every week.
Come on. You can't pull that shit anymore. I haven't been gibering at all this year. If you don't have control of the ball it shouldn't be a try. By that you can just throw the ball down and score

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Come on. You can't pull that shit anymore. I haven't been gibering at all this year. If you don't have control of the ball it shouldn't be a try. By that you can just throw the ball down and score

Classic! I reiterate my point about actually watching some rugby, but I'll leave it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.