• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Waratahs, R9 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
We my as well start playing NFL rules since you Dont need to ground the ball to score a try anymore

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Watch one of the early tries in the Chiefs v Hurricanes game.

Whilst the commentators all disagree on it, it is quite evident that if you never lose contact with the ball it will be awarded a try.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Good performance by the Tahs. Easily their best game of the year. Forwards muscled up far better than previously and the handling was better (although still too many unforced errors).

Some better decision making and execution when the opportunities were there.

The Stormers in Cape Town next week is a huge ask but hopefully the team feels like the pressure is off now and there aren't too many expectations.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Watch one of the early tries in the Chiefs v Hurricanes game.

Whilst the commentators all disagree on it, it is quite evident that if you never lose contact with the ball it will be awarded a try.
Brumbies v Stormers fuck up as well

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm almost at the stage where I don't give a fuck any more. Our support play is woeful. We're creating enough line breaks to do some damage, but the passes never ever go to hand. It's like our support runners aren't expecting to get the offload and therefore drop the bloody thing when it's popped up to them. It's just not fucking good enough.

The Tahs on the other hand had runners either side of the ball carrier screaming for the ball and duly received it. That's what we should be aiming for but we're nowhere near getting it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Harry Scoble did really well. Great to see another Perth local getting a debut for the Force.

With Charles injured for the rest of the season he should get to play every game from here. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts pushing Tessman for that starting spot by the end of the season. Scoble was excellent when he played in the Under 20s and has a bright future.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Slowish start and a few errors early, but easily the best performance of the year.

The scrum was much improved - although to be fair against a depleted Force pack, but definitiely better.

I liked the starting backline - Kellaway is the real deal at this level, as it Robinson. The whole backline functioned really well as a unit. I'd be keeping that backine for next week.

Bonus point will come in handy.

Hard to say much positive about the Force - to say that they've flatlined is an understatement. I like the fact that there seem to be a steady stream of local WA boys playing and the players certainly play for the full 80, but there seems to be little structure or plan to the game.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Harry Scoble did really well. Great to see another Perth local getting a debut for the Force.

With Charles injured for the rest of the season he should get to play every game from here. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts pushing Tessman for that starting spot by the end of the season. Scoble was excellent when he played in the Under 20s and has a bright future.

The one good thing to come out of tonight. Rusty's a great young player and I'd love to see him permanently in the 23 now.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Slowish start and a few errors early, but easily the best performance of the year.

The scrum was much improved - although to be fair against a depleted Force pack, but definitiely better.

I liked the starting backline - Kellaway is the real deal at this level, as it Robinson. The whole backline functioned really well as a unit. I'd be keeping that backine for next week.

Bonus point will come in handy.

Hard to say much positive about the Force - to say that they've flatlined is an understatement. I like the fact that there seem to be a steady stream of local WA boys playing and the players certainly play for the full 80, but there seems to be little structure or plan to the game.
It's really disappointing when you see individuals doing some good things - Tapuai, DHP at times for example tonight - but there is no-one really backing up the break, and no-one to capitalise on the fast recycle and release the players. There is talent there, but clearly Foley is not looking to engage it. Really a big shame, when the forwards do some good work.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It's really disappointing when you see individuals doing some good things - Tapuai, DHP at times for example tonight - but there is no-one really backing up the break, and no-one to capitalise on the fast recycle and release the players. There is talent there, but clearly Foley is not looking to engage it. Really a big shame, when the forwards do some good work.

Yep, exactly the point I made. Our support play is dire.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The one good thing to come out of tonight. Rusty's a great young player and I'd love to see him permanently in the 23 now.

Did he wear headgear when he played the Under 20 World Cup?

I really don't remember him as a ginger.

Absolutely. We played a good second half against the Highlanders but overall that was the best performance of the year by a long way.

The scrum has definitely come along in leaps and bounds. I hate to put the mockers on him but Paddy Ryan has really improved in that regard in the last two weeks.

Dave Dennis had easily his best game of the year. Was strong in defence and got involved well in attack. This is what we need from him every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.