• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Waratahs, round 13, Saturday 9 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Penalty Force at the scrum for Ryan (?) angling.

Initially looked stable, then sheered right across. Looked to me like Cowan didn't pack well, but the Force have the kick at goal from out wide.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ebersohn just misses to the right, Foley runs it back. Force weren't expecting it, Foley beats a few to 35m out then throws a no look pass that was well behind Folau, and it's knocked on.

Mortal Wombat

Allen Oxlade (6)
This game is a disgrace. Why would anyone want to watch this?

I will never watch another game Michael Foley is involved in again.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
is that 3/10 or something that the Force have kicked? Great run Foley

That's why Foley annoys me as a 10. His running game is deceptively good - low centre of gravity and he can step at speed, and his support game is first class, but his control over a backline and his passing is sub par to me. I think his kicking from hand is hugely improved, though.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Another penalty to the Force at the scrum as the Tahs shove insanely early, then when Alby tries to feed it all goes down. Force don't do the Giteau and kick to touch, ending the game but allowing the Tahs to hold onto a bonus point from this stinker.

Well done Force, well done Reds, who now hold the highly desirable wooden spoon.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
8f3de02b89825f5c7e2488f8e6666ba3.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well done Force. Yet again they out thought and out played the Tahs.

Not all that attractive rugby, but who cares when you win.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Yeah disappointing they opted not to take the Tahs bonus point away. Hoping for a bit more spite than that.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well done Force. No surprises with the plan, executed it again, and the Tahs were once again beaten by it.
Tahs, you were fucking dire. I can't actually work out what the fuck you were trying to play. But it wasn't what you apparently are supposed to be playing. This is why I called it on the podcast - Tahs won't have a chance to defend the title because they are just too inconsistent. No patience, no ball security, no work on the Force ball.
Cheika has a big headache.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Tahs very fortunate to salvage the losing bonus point, more than they mustered in Sydney. That 1 point could've been lost if the Force took a shot for goal from that last penalty, then again the goal kicking was dire all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.