• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
The big difference between Quade and JOC (James O'Connor) is that Quade had support from his Reds team mates, Link and the reds management, he had former players like Horan in his corner behind closed doors as well as (in hindsight) the great friendship of guys like $BW. That he has grown up this year is brilliant for Australian rugby, the potential he and Sanchez could fulfill together is untold.

JOC (James O'Connor) has been hung out to dry so to speak with probably just his family and close friends there for him. He's got a situation where the Wallabies are united and improving big time without him. That must be tough for him to see.

It looks to me a little more like what happened to Sailor and Lote rather than what happened to Quade.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yeah but most of his shit was harmless.
I think he is paying the price to a certain extent for what his mates did before him.
Unless many of his indiscretions have been hushed up.
Not saying the ARU were wrong in drawing a line in the sand, just that he is unlucky when you compare his indiscretions with those of his mates.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Who are you saying was disrespectful?
Sully nobody, 2 examples of what I was meaning;
JOC (James O'Connor) needs to learn respect.
Dingo didn't command respect.

I'm a link fan so biased, but he spent time learning what made his team and players tick - we are all different, but I'm sure he got to know what motivated each player, and what drove them. This in turn brought about respect.

IMO JOC (James O'Connor) thought he was above everyone else, didn't respect them, took things for granted, and without that respect any kind of support is worthless

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
As is often the case, none of us knows the full story - or stories. JOC (James O'Connor) appears to have lost the trust and support of the Wallabies playing group as a whole.

If that is the case, and it certainly seems to be, how did that happen? A long list of fairly minor transgressions, and an inability, or unwillingness, to accept discipline.

There was a bit of scuttlebutt to the effect that JOC (James O'Connor) was the initiator of a fair bit of the mischief that Cooper and Beale were affected by, but he was too clever, or too unprincipled, to take his share of the blame.

Too much, too soon. No solid relationships with his team-mates, at any level. It would do him good to go back and play club rugby for a season, spend some time grilling snags on the barbie, or acting as waterboy. The unglamorous stuff that any kid - or youth - learns to do as part of the price of success.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
The depth of the dislike of JOC (James O'Connor) from his team mates has always amazed me .
His behavior in general is nowhere near as bad as Beale , but his team mates just don't like him.
He can be quite a charming kid . However he just really believes he is the best Rugby player in the world and the normal rules of team don't apply to him.
I really hope he just goes to the Force knuckles down and plays his way back into the Wallabies probably as a winger because I reckon he would still be the best winger in Australian Rugby.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
However he just really believes he is the best Rugby player in the world and the normal rules of team don't apply to him.
I really hope he just goes to the Force knuckles down and plays his way back into the Wallabies probably as a winger because I reckon he would still be the best winger in Australian Rugby.

There lays the problem.

I do think JOC (James O'Connor) problems would be an easier fix than Beale's. The bottle is a hard thing to kick, and when your mates are having a drink ???

Remove him, I think some where harsh overseas, limited English, with Hard Heads that demand respect.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
the choice is--eat humble pie & join the Force--or go overseas & take the money,sans the opportunity to play for the wallabies
what will his ego decide?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
If he goes to the Force my opinion of him will raise dramatically, if he goes overseas or the NRL ... pffftttt.

I don't like see our players going OS, depending on country and club it could be valuable for JOC (James O'Connor). A country with limited English, Hard Heads who've earned their stripes maybe what he needs.

Remove him from the troubles and spot light - the spot light will still shine on him if the Force signed him.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Given the performances of Jimmy Gopperth and Brock James in the Heineken Cup as starting 10's for quality sides, JOC (James O'Connor) would be a super star north of the equator, whether at 10 or anywhere else in the back line.

He really should just f*&^ off at this point.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
NZ. Honestly. It would be great for him I reckon. Or the Roosters. Some time next to SBW and James Maloney would do him a world of good.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Given the performances of Jimmy Gopperth and Brock James in the Heineken Cup as starting 10's for quality sides, JOC (James O'Connor) would be a super star north of the equator, whether at 10 or anywhere else in the back line.

He really should just f*&^ off at this point.

Really? I think that comment doesn't really consider the skills of those two that have allowed them to flourish in the north, or the balance of the teams they play in.

Status
Not open for further replies.