• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John Eales Medal 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm not one for conspiracies but this was fucking done to keep him in the game. No doubt about it.

Fear not, Qwerty51, I have it on good authority, that a number of votes were in the ballot boxes that fell off the back of a truck in WA, so expect a new 'election' in late November!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
John Eales Medal:
israel Folau
B0oHJmOCUAAF8f2.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
List of John Eales Medal Winners
2002: George Smith
2003: Phil Waugh
2004: David Lyons
2005: Jeremy Paul
2006: Chris Latham
2007: Nathan Sharpe
2008: George Smith
2009: Matt Giteau
2010: David Pocock
2011: Kurtley Beale
2012: Nathan Sharpe
2013: Michael Hooper
2014: Israel Folau

Final Count for 2014:
1. Israel Folau (314)
2. Michael Hooper (232)
3. James Slipper (208)
4. Tevita Kuridrani (202)
5. Stephen Moore (98)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm not a "conspiracy" theorist, but Sam Carter is from Sydney Uni is he not?

Folau also represents Uni.

Michael Hawker went to Sydney Uni & curiously is friends with Bill Pulver

Sydney Uni / NSWRU / Big Boys Club nepotism in Australian Rugby confirmed.

Wow, you've wrapped all the conspiracies up into one big one:eek:.

Impressive.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
I would have to say Folau is out of form. His kicking has let us down majorly, his option taking has been frankly woeful, he's not giving the ball when he creates the space and he's not scoring tries. His running metres are to be expected when he runs from deep set plays.

this is my 3rd or 4th post on the matter so i'll leave it now. If anybody needs me I'll be selling tin foil hats down at southbank markets this weekend :confused:

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would have to say Folau is out of form. His kicking has let us down majorly, his option taking has been frankly woeful, he's not giving the ball when he creates the space and he's not scoring tries. His running metres are to be expected when he runs from deep set plays.

this is my 3rd or 4th post on the matter so i'll leave it now. If anybody needs me I'll be selling tin foil hats down at southbank markets this weekend :confused:

I don't agree with any of that but he's still not a top 5 performer. He's still the best fullback in the world but not in the top 5 Wallabies performers for mine.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't agree with any of that but he's still not a top 5 performer. He's still the best fullback in the world but not in the top 5 Wallabies performers for mine.

does that imply, even obliquely, that the Wallabies have 6 (SIX) players who are somewhere near the best in the world - say, in the top three - in their positions?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'm not a "conspiracy" theorist, but Sam Carter is from Sydney Uni is he not?

Folau also represents Uni.

Michael Hawker went to Sydney Uni & curiously is friends with Bill Pulver

Sydney Uni / NSWRU / Big Boys Club nepotism in Australian Rugby confirmed.

I think you should leave us to judge whether you're a conspiracy theorist or not.
There are other alarming connections: Poidevin - inducted into the hall of fame - went to UNSW. Pulver? Went to UNSW.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
^^ Fairly sure even Kurt Cobain used it in his lyrics, but I digress.

Thought Slipper had a cracker of a season and should have ranked higher, but Folau was another of the select few who consistently played like they knew what they were doing this season, and is a worthy winner.

Also, to the Unigate (have you seen what they've done to the gates at Sydney Uni? Bloody awful, and don't get me started on the new University Coat of Arms...) propagators out there, how many matches has Folau played for Uni?

Status
Not open for further replies.