• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Not a great deal different, a little bit weaker with Sam Latunipulu not getting cleared for finals and Toby Wilson moving up to 2's, rest of the team was pretty much the same, you boys seemed much stronger?

Yeah - we had a couple of guys out a few weeks ago.

Who was the 7 that played a few weeks back? - he was frikin good and it was only with a little regret I saw he was missing on Sat ;)

And your blindside is fast. Hits gaps and is goooooone!! LOL.

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Reading between the lines of McKenzie's post match statements I'm guessing Kuridrani will get the chop anyway. Geez with him, White, Holland & Coleman playing I'd have the Whites at Black Caviar odds to beat a limping Royals outfit & not much longer odds to beat Vikings in the GF.
I doubt royals will be close to anything of easy beats, still plenty of class in their team, and the Wallabies boys won't be available if we do end up making it to the gf unless as you said tevita does get dropped!

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Yeah - we had a couple of guys out a few weeks ago.

Who was the 7 that played a few weeks back? - he was frikin good and it was only with a little regret I saw he was missing on Sat ;)

And your blindside is fast. Hits gaps and is goooooone!! LOL.
Yeah the 7 was Sam as mentioned, unfortunately he didn't play enough games to play finals, lucky for you blokes and Cameron Stanley is very good, unlucky not to be playing higher grades!

BlueBagger

Allen Oxlade (6)
Mate when you posted that comment Tevita was locked in to playing...
He only got ruled out yesterday after the ARU reviewed his workload...

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Mate when you posted that comment Tevita was locked in to playing.
He only got ruled out yesterday after the ARU reviewed his workload.
I can tell you he was never considered for selection in the Whites team for this weekend, just thought I'd have a bit of fun when I saw your comment!

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Team Lists?

Predictions?
Queanbeyan
1. JP Smith
2. Tom Moulds
3. Les Makin
4. Leon Power
5. Marco Kotze
6. Ryan Jones
7. Dan Penca
8. Tom G Darmody
9. Alex Rowley
10. Robbie Coleman
11. Lachlan Freeth
12. Altus Momsen
13. HP Momsen
14. Matt Thopre
15. Sam Windsor

As close as last weeks major semi, am hoping out boys can just get the upper hand. The forward battle will be vital as always!

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Prelim final:

Royals 33 def Queanbeyan 30

Didn't see the game but sounds like another good one
Full credit to Royals, even with a few key players out they played a simple but effective game plan. Our boys weren't at their best today, but that probably had a lot to do with the pressure royals applied. Based on today I would have to say Vikings would be favourites but all the best to Royals!
Good for us is that we have every other grade to cheer on next week, hopefully we can get a couple of them up!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I don't know if they are stacked or not but they played well enough on Saturday to have us chasing the whole time. Massive pack.

I was pretty close to throwing a couple of swift jabs during the game but in the end Gungahlin were too good.

Final should be a cracker - I think I'd put my $$ on Queanbeyan though.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Bullrush you used to play with Gungahlin you should know if they are stacked or not?

Hahaha....I know who you are!! ;)

In terms of them being stacked, they had a few guys in there who I hadn't seen play for the 3rds in the games we've played against them previously this year but I always believe that it doesn't matter - you just have to play well enough on teh day to beat whoever is in the opposition - unfortunately we didn't :(

Ahhh well.......ACT gridiron season has started so that's something......

canberra2011

Peter Burge (5)
How are both camps looking this week? Any news on injured players? Assuming Vikings would still be favourites going into the match?

Status
Not open for further replies.