• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBagger

Allen Oxlade (6)
Will both teams have full strength sides this week? Any injuries?
I think Royals are full strength with a few boys coming back from injury (some through 2nd grade). Not sure about tuggeranong.
Watching the footage from last weekend it looked like their number 8 PK did a hammy. Any comment?

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Any predictions on how the finals will fall out?

Had a look on Sportsbet over the weekend and it had Vikings still at favourites for first grade?

Assuming QBN will probably dominate the lower grades…
I would say Royals would be the favourites for the title based on what I have seen in the Tuggies v QBN and Royals v QBN games over the past fortnight. Wests will be tough for us this weekend, they have a number of players back from when we beat them a bit over a month ago.
While we have done well to win minor premierships in the lower grades this year I think it will be very competitive in all grades.
2nd grade will come down to QBN, Tuggeranong and as Wests do every year their 2nd grade are coming good at the right end of the year.
3rd grade and of the top 4 teams can win it, we only beat Royals by 1 point last week and Gungahlin have a pretty stacked side seeing as though it is their only grade in the finals.
I think the experience of Tuggies in 4th grade and Easts with a team that would beat their own 2nd grade team will be big threats to the top 2 teams.
Colts should come down to QBN and Tuggeranong, of the 3 games played this year there has been one draw and 2 wins by QBN of less than 6 points, really looking forward to the weekend!

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
I read all match reports from all clubs that post them on their website, why is Queanbeyan so negative against all clubs about the playing roster when they have close to the most imported players?
It's just a QBN thing to do a bit of little brother syndrome from us and light hearted. We have 3 imported players, don't think this is anywhere near close to the most!

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
You'd assume White's to beat West's but i don't think the Vikings Royals game will be that clear cut. Royals beat Vikings only a month ago and that was missing a few key players. Should be a tough, physical game, and i predict the loser will struggle to back up the following week.

Does anyone know what happened to the online betting for the John I Dent?
I think a friend of one of the QBN players loaded up on us after one of our players telling him he was confident we could win the title! Might have something to do with it!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I would say Royals would be the favourites for the title based on what I have seen in the Tuggies v QBN and Royals v QBN games over the past fortnight. Wests will be tough for us this weekend, they have a number of players back from when we beat them a bit over a month ago.
While we have done well to win minor premierships in the lower grades this year I think it will be very competitive in all grades.
2nd grade will come down to QBN, Tuggeranong and as Wests do every year their 2nd grade are coming good at the right end of the year.
3rd grade and of the top 4 teams can win it, we only beat Royals by 1 point last week and Gungahlin have a pretty stacked side seeing as though it is their only grade in the finals.
I think the experience of Tuggies in 4th grade and Easts with a team that would beat their own 2nd grade team will be big threats to the top 2 teams.
Colts should come down to QBN and Tuggeranong, of the 3 games played this year there has been one draw and 2 wins by QBN of less than 6 points, really looking forward to the weekend!

Funny because it's true.....

BlueBagger

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well guessed.

Tim Cree is the Macdougall Medal winner for 2013.
Well deserved. Hopefully this final series shows Jake White the calibre of players he has in his backyard and he stops recruiting so heavily from South Africa.

Brumby Jack any reason the team lists and previews aren't up for this week?The website and brumbies coverage has definitely been lacking this year.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Not sure BlueBagger

I know they've recently moved the HQ to temporary facilities so maybe not everything is unpacked yet? Other than that I have no suggestions.

BlueBagger

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wallabies players potentially back this weekend?
Rumour has it Tevita Kuridrani could be suiting up for QBN? Any comment?
If so, it's surprising the ARU would encourage this.

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Wallabies players potentially back this weekend?
Rumour has it Tevita Kuridrani could be suiting up for QBN? Any comment?
If so, it's surprising the ARU would encourage this.
Apparently all bench players are allowed to play club rugby, tevita as well as nic white will be playing this weekend, we also have aus 7's player Lewis holland on board this weekend which is a boost for us!

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
Reading between the lines of McKenzie's post match statements I'm guessing Kuridrani will get the chop anyway. Geez with him, White, Holland & Coleman playing I'd have the Whites at Black Caviar odds to beat a limping Royals outfit & not much longer odds to beat Vikings in the GF.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Much closer game in the 3rds against Queanbeyan on Sat then a few weeks ago. Bloody penalties cost us the game.

Seemed like quite a different team to what we played just a couple of weeks ago as well - Grant Jones?

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Much closer game in the 3rds against Queanbeyan on Sat then a few weeks ago. Bloody penalties cost us the game.

Seemed like quite a different team to what we played just a couple of weeks ago as well - Grant Jones?
Not a great deal different, a little bit weaker with Sam Latunipulu not getting cleared for finals and Toby Wilson moving up to 2's, rest of the team was pretty much the same, you boys seemed much stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.