• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Matt Hirst what a legend, massive achievement for a bloke who's leg was snapped in two in front of my eyes at Phillip!
And that was one of many serious injuries, a real credit to him to get past all of those. Hoping he has a big game tomorrow.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Today's scores:
Wests 44 def Gungahlin 19
Queanbeyan 29 def Vikings 28
Royals 59 def Uni-Norths 39

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Got absolutley rolled by the Queanbeyan 3rds on Staurday.

Really good team you guys have there Grant Jones - it was a bloody hard run!!
Yeah cheers, we do mate, it was probably the first third grade game I haven't watched this year. I'll be honest when they came up and told me the score I was surprised that it blew out like that. No doubt you blokes will be better for the run and I know our boys will be looking forward to taking you blokes on again in a couple of weeks. No doubt there will be a few more tough QBN v Tuggers games ahead in the finals in all grades.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yeah cheers, we do mate, it was probably the first third grade game I haven't watched this year. I'll be honest when they came up and told me the score I was surprised that it blew out like that. No doubt you blokes will be better for the run and I know our boys will be looking forward to taking you blokes on again in a couple of weeks. No doubt there will be a few more tough QBN v Tuggers games ahead in the finals in all grades.

Grant what is the story behind Sam Latunipulu appearing at Whites? Has played plenty of Shute Shield including this season, Aus 20s, Aus 7s, Tahs Academy and training squad etc and even played a trial game for Rebels last season. Absolutely huge coup for QBN heading into finals! Did you guys sound him out? Does he have family at the club or something or has he just appeared?

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Grant what is the story behind Sam Latunipulu appearing at Whites? Has played plenty of Shute Shield including this season, Aus 20s, Aus 7s, Tahs Academy and training squad etc and even played a trial game for Rebels last season. Absolutely huge coup for QBN heading into finals! Did you guys sound him out? Does he have family at the club or something or has he just appeared?
He literally just appeared a bit over a month ago, he moved to Braidwood for personal and family reasons as his girlfriends family are there and turned up at our training looking for a game. It was a very pleasant surprise when we found out how good he was. He is a top bloke who has fitted in at our club very well.

Reactions: FTS

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Other scores:

Vikings 50 or 48 def Wests 24 (heard 2 scores for Vikings)
Royals 29 def Queanbeyan 15

canberra2011

Peter Burge (5)
Any predictions on how the finals will fall out?

Had a look on Sportsbet over the weekend and it had Vikings still at favourites for first grade?

Assuming QBN will probably dominate the lower grades…

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Any predictions on how the finals will fall out?

Had a look on Sportsbet over the weekend and it had Vikings still at favourites for first grade?

Assuming QBN will probably dominate the lower grades…

We'll have something to say about that.....

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Royals and Whites too close to call, but Vikings and Wests is a no brainer. I'd say whoever wins between Royals and Whites will push Vikings in the final, but victory will be a complete upset.

Bugeye

Allen Oxlade (6)
I read all match reports from all clubs that post them on their website, why is Queanbeyan so negative against all clubs about the playing roster when they have close to the most imported players?

Reactions: FTS

BlueBagger

Allen Oxlade (6)
Royals and Whites too close to call, but Vikings and Wests is a no brainer. I'd say whoever wins between Royals and Whites will push Vikings in the final, but victory will be a complete upset.
Not sure if you understand the finals system.
1 plays 2 in the major semi and 3 plays 4 in the minor.
The winner of 1 and 2 go's straight to the final and the loser plays the winner of 3 and 4 in the premlim next week.

BlueBagger

Allen Oxlade (6)
You'd assume White's to beat West's but i don't think the Vikings Royals game will be that clear cut. Royals beat Vikings only a month ago and that was missing a few key players. Should be a tough, physical game, and i predict the loser will struggle to back up the following week.

Does anyone know what happened to the online betting for the John I Dent?

Status
Not open for further replies.