• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Anyway lets focus on the great John I Dent season ahead....

Should start to get some reports in on how numbers have been as yesterday should of really been the official start to Pre-Season.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Royals are sounding handy, although I wonder what effect Craig Leseberg's step back will have on the Royals? Will Russell Ingram be able to continue on with Lesey's work?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Lineup for ACT XV in the trial on Friday night:

ACT XV
1 Sione Taula/JP Pradaud
2 Robbie Abel/Nick Dobson
3 Les Makin/Ray Dobson
4 Gareth Clouston/Rikki Waitao
5 Tom Staniforth
6 Jordan Smiler/Tim Donnellan
7 Josh Hitchins/Michael Smith
8 Tim Cree /Xavier Duffy
9 Mark Swanepoel/Beau Mokotupu
10 Sam Windsor/Gus McKercher
11 Tom Cox/Tom Ruediger
12 Rod Iona
13 Matt Hawke/Mitch Connolly
14 Stefan Van Der Walt/ Andrew Barrell
15 Brendan Tueaki/Ben Johnson

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Can anyone tell me where Montana O'Neil who played at Marist last year has ended up going to for 2013?

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Is Tim Cornforth back at Royals? Saw them post a pic of him in the new training gear...

canberra2011

Peter Burge (5)
Can anyone tell me where Montana O'Neil who played at Marist last year has ended up going to for 2013?​

I've heard O'Neil is playing with Wests this year?​

Is Tim Cornforth back at Royals? Saw them post a pic of him in the new training gear.​
I watched Royal training last week and Cornforth was running some drills so im not sure if he will be playing this year?

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)

I watched Royal training last week and Cornforth was running some drills so im not sure if he will be playing this year?

Maybe he is just back in town for awhile before Southland training goes back - as all his family and wifes family is here

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)

How were Royals looking mate? Good numbers?

canberra2011

Peter Burge (5)
How were Royals looking mate? Good numbers?
Decent numbers. Looked as if there were a lot of younger players running around and not many players I recognised from last year (saying that I only got to watch 3/4 games last year).

Are most clubs entering teams in the QBN 7's this weekend?

Glen Christini

Peter Burge (5)
Will all Clubs be entering team/s in the QBN 7's next weekend?

Any hot tips for favourites?

Parramatta are making the trip from Sydney as are Manly. From what I have seen in the draw all Canberra clubs are represented as well as a couple of handy looking invitational sides - should be a good day out.

I guess Manly would have to be favourites as well as the Wolfpack boys, Parramatta will have a reasonable side this week and personally I expect them to show a bit of form this week. Vikings will be strong and the home town boys are always up for a challenge.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Parramatta are making the trip from Sydney as are Manly. From what I have seen in the draw all Canberra clubs are represented as well as a couple of handy looking invitational sides - should be a good day out.

I guess Manly would have to be favourites as well as the Wolfpack boys, Parramatta will have a reasonable side this week and personally I expect them to show a bit of form this week. Vikings will be strong and the home town boys are always up for a challenge.

Would it be possible to post the draw Glen?

Glen Christini

Peter Burge (5)
Would it be possible to post the draw Glen?

Sorry. Don't have it handy or I would. All I can tell you is that Parra have dates with Easts, Western Wolfpack and a Queanbeyan side in pool play. Oh and we are getting up early in the morning to get there lol.

Looking forward to the day and a visit to 2620.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Sorry. Don't have it handy or I would. All I can tell you is that Parra have dates with Easts, Western Wolfpack and a Queanbeyan side in pool play. Oh and we are getting up early in the morning to get there lol.

Looking forward to the day and a visit to 2620.

Good luck to the team mate!

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Results from Saturday?

Any teams / players stand out?

I wasn't there but apparently Manly defeated Parramatta in a pretty decent final.

Local wise apparently Gunghalin entered a pretty handy team, mainly the first grade backline/backrow but went down in the semis along with Queanbeyan who were led all day by Sam Windsor. Anybody at the actual event have anything to comment on the Vikings sides, any new recruits noticeable etc? Or any other club for that matter?

I heard also Tom Cox had a run with the Uni-Norths and Stephan Van Der Walt playing for Easts, good to see some brumbies boys getting involved with their clubs even in pre-season.

Glen Christini

Peter Burge (5)
Was a great day out, a tough schedule which was ideal prep for Kiama. I know Manly and definitely us at Parra are very keen to return. Queanbeyan were great hosts.

We played Vikings in the quarters - not sure who is who there but they had some handy players. We also came up against a typically feisty Queanbeyan side in the semi's. Great to see Sam Windsor back and he is always a quality player and bloke. A few older guys returning to serious footy this season and Penca looking in better shape than I have seen him - they could be worth keeping an eye on in 2013.

Reactions: FTS

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Was a great day out, a tough schedule which was ideal prep for Kiama. I know Manly and definitely us at Parra are very keen to return. Queanbeyan were great hosts.

We played Vikings in the quarters - not sure who is who there but they had some handy players. We also came up against a typically feisty Queanbeyan side in the semi's. Great to see Sam Windsor back and he is always a quality player and bloke. A few older guys returning to serious footy this season and Penca looking in better shape than I have seen him - they could be worth keeping an eye on in 2013.

Will Penca still be leading the qbn side this year? Also been a great player/clubman - but never seemed to be able to crack the big leagues...

Status
Not open for further replies.