• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Meanwhile, White is going to invest more time into Canberra's premier club rugby players by selecting a 22-man squad to train with and against the Brumbies from next month.
With no third-tier competition in Australia, White wants to improve the talent depth in the capital.
He will work with John I Dent Cup coaches to reward the in-form players with a chance to train in a Super Rugby environment on a regular basis. ''Hopefully it can be some motivation for club rugby in Canberra and it will give players a chance to impress and push their claims for contracts,'' White said.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Vikings today easily accounted for Penrith in 1s , 2s and Colts. Any other trial results? I think Royals played Central West any news there?

Glen Christini

Peter Burge (5)
Will Penca still be leading the qbn side this year? Also been a great player/clubman - but never seemed to be able to crack the big leagues.

As far as I know Penca will be leading the Whites this year, he is a fantastic footballer and a great club man, decent bloke as well and one that I have a huge amount of respect for. Will probably have a better Idea on the make up of their side when we head down the Highway to play a trial on the 23rd March, should be an interesting day out and hopefully some good rugby on display.

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Queanbeyan had a trial yesterday against the Stingrays on the Sunshine Coast, after playing a lot of young players and trying different combinations early, the whites put the strongest team that was on tour on the field in the final quarter of the game and came from 7-22 down to win 28-22, very scrappy win but some good signs!

canberra2011

Peter Burge (5)
Queanbeyan had a trial yesterday against the Stingrays on the Sunshine Coast, after playing a lot of young players and trying different combinations early, the whites put the strongest team that was on tour on the field in the final quarter of the game and came from 7-22 down to win 28-22, very scrappy win but some good signs!
Any players stand out?

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Anyone know if there are any trials in Canberra this weekend? Keen to watch abit of footy.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Just found the times -

Saturday 23rd March – Vikings VS Balmain

2:00pm – Colts
3:30pm – 2nd Grade
5:00pm – 1st Grade

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone know if there are any trials in Canberra this weekend? Keen to watch abit of footy.
Parramatta Two Blues (Grade and Colts) making the trip down to Queanbeyan to partake of the White's famous hospitality.

Pete

Frank Row (1)
I went to training on Tuesday night and was surprised at the low numbers in the lower grades. How are the other John I dent cup teams going for lower grade numbers.

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
I went to training on Tuesday night and was surprised at the low numbers in the lower grades. How are the other John I dent cup teams going for lower grade numbers.
What club is that sorry? Queanbeyan have had 70-80 players at both trainings this week, looking alright for numbers at this stage, lets hope for our sake injuries don't hit, struggling for front rowers again unfortunately.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
70-80 would be cutting it fairly fine for 4th's-3rds if there were injuries - You would think Vikings would have plenty of numbers across the board - but teams like Uni-Norths/Eats might be struggling?

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
70-80 would be cutting it fairly fine for 4th's-3rds if there were injuries - You would think Vikings would have plenty of numbers across the board - but teams like Uni-Norths/Eats might be struggling?
Your right it would be cutting it fine, but as most people would know you hardly see 3rd and 4th graders at trainings this time of year so we are really happy with those numbers at Queanbeyan.

canberra2011

Peter Burge (5)
Results from Saturday

Colts Royals 21 def Wests 7
Seconds Royals 25 def Wests 15
Firsts Royals 28 def Wests 26

Any news on the Uni Norths / Gungahlin games?

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Queanbeyan trials on the weekend against Parramatta, QBN winning third grade, 2 colts games were played with each club taking one a piece. Parra dominated the first half of second grade before QBN showed some fight in the second half to go down 31-14. First grade was a high quality trial with parra scoring late to win 48-36, I think both clubs would agree that this was a beneficial day as both clubs prepare for their respective seasons. I hear tuggeranongs trial against Balmain was a waste of time, why did they eve bother with playing a sub districts club?

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Anybody willing to provide a gains and losses for their club? Or any rumors they have heard? I'll start with what I have heard..

Vikings
Gains- James Proctor (NZ), James Foster (NZ), Kaleb Rech (Returning from Parramatta), Possible others
Losses- Tom Murday (Sunnybank), James Turner (Italy), Darragh Fanning (Ireland), Pat Leafa (Melbourne Rebels), Damien Gubler (Canada) , Ryne Bowden (Easts) , Coach Dan McKeller (Brisbane)

Royals
Gains- Jordan Rapana (Force), Tom Staniforth (school), Tim Cornforth ???? , Pedro ?? (Argentina), Robbie Abel (returning), Russell Ingram (Coach)
Losses- Tom Cusack (Aus 7's)

Queanbeyan
Gains- A few South African lads??
Losses- Lewis Holland (Sydney, Aus 7s), Tyler Stevens ??

Easts
Gains- Ryne Bowden (Vikings), has new coach Jeremy Osbourne brought any players with him?
Losses- ??

Any news on Wests, Gunghalin and Uni Norths ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom