• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I notice that Vikings have got rid of the black and reverted to their old kit?

Meh, much prefer the red and white hoops with the black shorts/socks.........

Bugeye

Allen Oxlade (6)
I notice that Vikings have got rid of the black and reverted to their old kit?

Meh, much prefer the red and white hoops with the black shorts/socks...
I hear the new rugby manager had something to do with it I think his name is Miko.
Come on Canberra we need all ACT veiwers to keep this forum going, it has gone quiet.
How are clubs going with injuries this year?

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
It was ridiculous when Tuggeranong came out the play us at Queanbeyan a few weeks ago and wore their mostly white jersey.
Queanbeyan are struggling a bit with injuries as most clubs are I'm guessing. 4 regular pick first graders are out at the moment Brendan Spears (2 more weeks), Marco Kotze (2 weeks) and Nik Murray and John Rowley out indefinitely. Gonna be a very tough day at Viking Park this weekend, sure Viking lower grades will be out to get us back for our wins a few weeks ago!

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Queanbeyan team to take on Tuggeranong this weekend.
Chris Barbaro
Adam Kennedy
Les Makin
Matt Hirst
Ryan Jones
Tom Moulds
Dan Penca
Tom G Darmody
Dan Hawke
Sam Windsor
Paul Tupu
Billy Chalker
Jake Holland
Sevu Camivuna
Lachlan Freeth

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
At Royals, centre Jack Sutton has an ankle injury that could see him sidelined for 6 weeks while Robbie Abel has signed a deal with an ITM Cup side that will see him playing his last game this weekend. He will be a huge loss.

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
At Royals, centre Jack Sutton has an ankle injury that could see him sidelined for 6 weeks while Robbie Abel has signed a deal with an ITM Cup side that will see him playing his last game this weekend. He will be a huge loss.
Sure will be a big loss for Royals, I suppose you will have Siliva later in the year anyway!

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Tough day at Viking Park for Queanbeyan on Saturday, not that it is ever any different out there.
Fourth grade 24-20 to Queanbeyan
Thirds 20 all
Colts 10 all
Seconds 17-12 Tuggeranong
Firsts 27-10 Tuggeranong
Tuggeranong aren't unbeatable this year, wouldn't be surprised to see them knocked off soon.
For some reason in second grade a ref that came over from Wagga to do the game called the match off with over 4 minutes to go saying that he had to be finished by 2.55, don't know why as first grade kick off at 3.05. We fought back to 17-12 and has the momentum, very frustrating, has anyone heard of this before?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Tough day at Viking Park for Queanbeyan on Saturday, not that it is ever any different out there.
Fourth grade 24-20 to Queanbeyan
Thirds 20 all
Colts 10 all
Seconds 17-12 Tuggeranong
Firsts 27-10 Tuggeranong
Tuggeranong aren't unbeatable this year, wouldn't be surprised to see them knocked off soon.
For some reason in second grade a ref that came over from Wagga to do the game called the match off with over 4 minutes to go saying that he had to be finished by 2.55, don't know why as first grade kick off at 3.05. We fought back to 17-12 and has the momentum, very frustrating, has anyone heard of this before?

I was watching the game after playing 3rds and we all wondered why it was called early.

Love playing Queanbeyan...always a tough run!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Slightly off topic.

I've got a mate of one of the Junior Jarse's playing Colts in Canberra this year for Uni-Norths.

I can't seem to find competition tables, draws, match reports etc for ACT Colts.

Any hints/links?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Thanks BJ.

I had been on that page over the weekend, just not scrolled down to the Fixtures/Results section. < wiping egg off face > Stuffed if I know how I didn't do that.

Our mob aren't doing too well are they?

Bugeye

Allen Oxlade (6)
Two more South Africans for Queanbeyan and they have the hide to call other clubs East South Africa ( Easts ) and an Invitation XV ( vikings )

strapping

Stan Wickham (3)
i watched the QBN v Vikings last weekend... i would hardly say pushed vikings just played poor.. although there was one try from QBN which could go down as one of the best tries this season with multiple tackle breaks and an awesome offload to finish!!

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
i watched the QBN v Vikings last weekend. i would hardly say pushed vikings just played poor.. although there was one try from QBN which could go down as one of the best tries this season with multiple tackle breaks and an awesome offload to finish!!
QBN played very poorly, couldn't win a lineout, but arguing the point if whether or not Tuggeranong were pushed wasn't really the point I was making!

Wendell

Stan Wickham (3)
We played against Tuggeranong last weekend, pushed them without any recruited players!
I am new to this particular forum page and my club is west harbour in sydney. I keep an eye on the john i dent page to see what is happening with good canberra players. One thing I can't understand is why qbyn constantly have a crack at other clubs (vikings in particular) about recruiting. Is recruiting not just a part of sport in 2013? Players come and go from all sports these days looking for opportunity. Maybe qbyn should stop complaining about others and worry about their own backyard. Then they might start to win a few more games. I have just been on the tuggeranong website and it appears they have a very good setup for all players. their academy program looks first class and provides a program for young players to join and develop. to say all they do is just buy players is rubbish. from what i can see good players will want to go to that club because of the professionalism. My club are envious of a club like the vikings. In regards to easts jake has obviously helped them out because from what i have been told last year they were terrible. is this not a good thing to give them a leg up to get back on their feet? Stop whinging qbyn and look at the bigger picture.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
................. I have just been on the tuggeranong website and it appears they have a very good setup for all players. their academy program looks first class and provides a program for young players to join and develop. to say all they do is just buy players is rubbish..............

The reality is that the Vikings club is the one of the largest sporting organisations in Australia - and that size is built on poker machines. Whereas most sporting clubs in Australia don't have access to a funding line of that breadth and moral ambiguity.

Wendell

Stan Wickham (3)
The reality is that the Vikings club is the one of the largest sporting organisations in Australia - and that size is built on poker machines. Whereas most sporting clubs in Australia don't have access to a funding line of that breadth and moral ambiguity.
I am guessing they did not have an empire of clubs chock full of pokies 40 years ago?
They have had the right people in the right jobs and have been hugely successful. Most rugby clubs all over the country have had licensed clubs at some stage. But the majority of them went broke because they had the wrong people in the wrong jobs. I take my hat off to the joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.