• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
are the brumbies going to be allocating these academy players as well? there are apparently a few coming into the comp.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Colby gone too, think that's where he'll end up.

According to the Canberra Times today, Pat Sio will be playing in the Shute Shield with Eastwood, not in Canberra. I suppose this is because he is only training with the team, not contracted.

One would expect this to change should he sign on with the Brumbies.

Vikings have a ready made replacement in Dean Oakman-Hunt; I hope that they don't recruit an import over him.

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Marco Kotze the second rower that was playing for us is moving on, HP and Altus Momsen are back on board for next season.

Bugeye

Allen Oxlade (6)
Grant is the second rower from QLD replacing Marco, I hear your new signing is all class and will be a force in the J I dent cup

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
I know our first grade coach was talking to a second rower, but my understanding was that it was the bloke from Wagga that ended up going to Royals. I don't know anything about a QLD bloke, I'll sus it out!

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
In my opinion Marco isn't a big loss. The twins are very good, but I think they want blokes in the academy who are ready to play for the Brumbies, being South African they couldn't be called up to the main squad just yet as their international roster is full.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
In my opinion Marco isn't a big loss. The twins are very good, but I think they want blokes in the academy who are ready to play for the Brumbies, being South African they couldn't be called up to the main squad just yet as their international roster is full.

why would they stick around without Jake here? Have the brumbies expressed an interest?

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
I know it is early to call, but I would have Royals as favourites for next season, haven't heard of them losing anyone and they have been able to recruit another couple of top quality players, would be a massive benefit for them to have Russell Ingram as coach with his inside knowledge at Brumbies. I think Vikings have lost a few of this years team which will bring them back a bit.

Apparently vikings tight head Noble is hanging up the boots. Leaves a huge hole (physically and technically) in their front row. Any word on a replacement?

With the half back mokas gone, maybe there is something in this Grant.

Ingram coaching that 20s side might see a few extras in Blue next year? It's a shame he left uni.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
Heard from a source inside the club that Vikings are recruiting up to 10 ITM Cup players for next season:mad: If this is true it is an absolute disgrace. Their Colts have won the last 2 premierships & there is more than enough talent within that group to form the nucleus of their first grade side for years to come without having to look overseas.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Heard from a source inside the club that Vikings are recruiting up to 10 ITM Cup players for next season:mad: If this is true it is an absolute disgrace. Their Colts have won the last 2 premierships & there is more than enough talent within that group to form the nucleus of their first grade side for years to come without having to look overseas.
yes it would be completely outrageous but not incomprehensible for that to happen. Interesting that someone from within the club is already talking about it, could we see some disgruntled local players walk out?

you have to wonder how the culture there compares to somewhere like royals, where everyone seems to be on the page and close mates?

Bugeye

Allen Oxlade (6)
It sounds to me your source is having you on

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)

Aren't there players from Royals and Vikings who have headed over to play in the ITM Cup this season already?

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)

Looks like the Vikings will have 10 new bar staff and gardeners around the place then haha

How is this possible - 10 ITM Cup players....I guess they have the money to employ them give them 50,000-60,000 bucks to work at the bar, gym etc - pretty crazy if its true though...

Status
Not open for further replies.