• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions vs Reds Rd 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
You think he will kick 10 penalties? He have a sore leg on Sunday after a night like that.

3 cons 4 pens 2 drop goals 24 points and his leg I'm sure was fine on Sunday.
The way the Reds are bleeding Penalties I I hope Boshoff legs is sore on Game day and Reds fined it in themselves to load on the try's... Doubtful though..

T

tranquility

Hmm, which bit is doubtful? His leg being sore or Reds scoring trys...
I think our attack actually looked pretty good last night, we just forgot to you know actually catch the ball once we were in space.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Boshoff kicked 29 points in the 34 - 10 win for the Lions over the Stormers in the second round.

6 penalties, 3 drop goals, 1 conversion = 29 points.

Believe it or not, the Lions try in that game was in the second minute.

Stormers conceded just 9 penalties for those stats.

Attack from either side in that game was pretty unconvincing.

Stats:
http://www.sanzarrugby.com/superrugby/match-centre/?season=2014&competition=205&match=514026

The Reds will either need to watch their discpline or score loads of tries, because Boshoff will be kicking them from anywhere.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I think we're incapable of 'watching our discipline' at the moment (meaning it will take time to correct this) but I think we have plenty of tries in us. We'll sneak home. If we can start fast and make them chase us on the scoreboard that may help us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Tip

I think we'll win this one. If the Blues are 3 points worse than the Lions at home surely the Reds...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think that if the Reds can score at least 4 tries, they will at least sneak home. Hopefully.

@Scoey a fast start would be ideal: getting too far ahead may make the Lions chase the game and turn down kicks at goal.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think we're incapable of 'watching our discipline' at the moment (meaning it will take time to correct this) but I think we have plenty of tries in us. We'll sneak home. If we can start fast and make them chase us on the scoreboard that may help us.

I know I have been negative for this game and also agree with you here.

But how long does it take to sort out the discipline. 4 weeks into the comp and last season was frustrating as well. Reds might have the wins but the for and against May keeps them out of reach of the top 1 Aus or top 6th spot at the end of the season based on current form and points of the other teams.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Yep the discipline has been an issue for years and will be the death of me.

Agree Scoey and I think many of the discipline, penalty-inccuring problems in 2013 were sort of 'covered over' in scoring terms by last year's exceptional Reds' defence thus keeping 5 or 7-pointers against us comparatively low on average over the whole season.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yep the discipline has been an issue for years and will be the death of me.

Ha, me to.. And it's the reason why I drink so much bloody rum. Maybe I should stop playing drinking games. When the reds conceded a penalty I have a Black Rat (bundy rum can for the foreigners contributing to this thread) :)

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
The Blues scored 5 tries in 30min..dunno if the Reds have that in them..

So what did the Blues do in that second half that got them the goodies.
Whatever it was, I bet London to a brick that RG and the boys will be studying the replays.

T

tranquility

Sautia out with hamstring issues. Not good.

Finger to outside you would imagine.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Ha, me to.. And it's the reason why I drink so much bloody rum. Maybe I should stop playing drinking games. When the reds conceded a penalty I have a Black Rat (bundy rum can for the foreigners contributing to this thread) :)
Jeebus! If I did that Biggsy it definite would be the death of me!!

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Bummer, hope its nothing too serious (this time).

From what I read, it's more a precaution against hamstring soreness.
If this had been a number of years ago he'd have probably played. But understandably with such a long season you can understand why players are rested with niggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.