• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions vs Reds Rd 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Yeah well the Reds also don't have what the Blues dished up for the first 50 mins in them.

The Reds are hardly a defensive fortress themselves are they. The Cheetahs scored 33 points on them at home.

I just think it's pointless saying 'The Blues lost to them so surely we will beat them'

Do the Blues play the Reds this year? I'll put our attack up against the Reds every day of the week and our defence will only improve.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Do the Blues play the Reds this year? I'll put our attack up against the Reds every day of the week and our defence will only improve.

Ooooooohhhhhh. Dem's fighting words! Yep we play you guys at Eden Park (May 2) so there'll be no excuses when we belt the snot out of your lads 52-6. :D

Just remember it's a Tahs fan you're arguing with there BR. ;)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think that if the Reds can score at least 4 tries, they will at least sneak home. Hopefully.

@Scoey a fast start would be ideal: getting too far ahead may make the Lions chase the game and turn down kicks at goal.

Ash, I don't remember ever seeing a Saffa team turn down points at any stage of a game. Think that's an Aussie/ABs thing.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The Reds are hardly a defensive fortress themselves are they. The Cheetahs scored 33 points on them at home.

I just think it's pointless saying 'The Blues lost to them so surely we will beat them'

Yeah mate, Benji's going well

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
St.George Queensland Reds team to play Lions in Johannesburg
1. James Slipper
2. Saia Fainga’a
3. Greg Holmes
4. Rob Simmons
5. James Horwill (C)
6. Eddie Quirk
7. Liam Gill
8. Jake Schatz
9. Will Genia (VC)
10. Quade Cooper
11. Lachie Turner
12. Mike Harris
13. Ben Tapuai
14. Rod Davies
15. Aidan Toua

16. James Hanson
17. Albert Anae
18. Jono Owen
19. Ed O’Donoghue
20. Beau Robinson
21. Nick Frisby
22. Anthony Fainga’a/Ben Lucas
23. Dom Shipperley

Reactions: gel
T

tranquility

Why is Ant / Lucas bracketed? Surely you can't have Frisby and Lucas on the bench...

T

tranquility

Why not? Lucas covers 10/15 and I'm sure could play 12 in a pinch.

Because he can play 9...

Seems a bit excessive to have two 9s on the bench when Genia is our halfback. Ant covers 12, 13 is a bigger body and is a point of difference.

My point is, the bracket should be - Frisby / Lucas

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
There really should be more changes then that.

S.Fainga'a?

Wanted to see McDuling given a go off the bench as well.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Lions vs Reds
Ellis Park, Johannesburg

Lions: 15 Coenie van Wyk, 14 JW Jonker, 13 Deon van Rensburg, 12 Stefan Watermeyer, 11 Courtnall Skosan, 10 Marnitz Boshoff, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Warren Whiteley (c), 7 Willie Britz, 6 Jaco Kriel, 5 Franco van der Merwe, 4 Franco Mostert, 3 Julian Redelinghuys, 2 Willie Wepener, 1 Schalk van der Merwe.
Replacements: 16 Mark Pretorius, 17 Corne Fourie, 18 Ruan Dreyer, 19 MB Lusaseni, 20 Stephan de Wit, 21 Ross Cronje, 22 Lionel Mapoe, 23 Ruan Combrinck.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Slipper was apparently a flyhalf through a lot of his Juniors footy. I can't back that up but.

Status
Not open for further replies.