• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How is his health now, is he OK?

Missed most of the Super Rugby season & from what I understand will never be fully "over" the illness but has looked strong for Hawkes Bay. Obviously whoever signs him will have to put him through all manner of tests to ensure he's up to it physically & you'd think any chance he had of being an AB are pretty much gone, Test footy being so much more demanding than Super Rugby.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Everyone? That has to be a myth. Just off the top of my head, in the last 7-8 years:

Savea, Sivivatu, Thomson, Howlett, Guildford, Cruden, Weepu, Flavell, Gear, Collins, Tialata

Heh. It was more tongue in cheek that everytime there is an incident in Australian rugby, people say that this would never happen with NZ.

Of all the things you can do to get yourself in hot water, tweeting about the election seems to be about the lowest on the scale.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Everyone? That has to be a myth. Just off the top of my head, in the last 7-8 years:

Savea, Sivivatu, Thomson, Howlett, Guildford, Cruden, Weepu, Flavell, Gear, Collins, Tialata

Pretty sure someone posted the NZ Rugby "rap sheet" on one of the threads to discuss Mungoball. It was fairly substantial as indicated above. IIRC you can add Masoe, Luatua, a couple more Guildford's, and Hewitt to the list.

While the rate of misbehaving may be similar, the difference seems to be that the misbehaviour seems to have consequences attached in NZ. Certain amigo behaviour seems to have been "tolerated" without serious consequence in Wallabyland, perhaps due to the perceived "lack of depth" or the Team Rehab crisis.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Is there not enough burglaries, rapes, knifings, drunk driving, domestic violence, fraud, civil disobedience, theft, assaults, speeding, benefit fraud, crimes against property, shoplifting, graffiti, etc going on in NZ to keep the Constabulary and Judiciary busy?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
new AB's jersey?, oh shit, this has to happen:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...ial-so-dark-that-you-cant-see-it-9602504.html

They can change their name to The VantaBlacks for all I care, this will put the Dark Empire over the top, Total World Domination WILL BE OURS.

"Was Mccaw even at that ruck? I don't know, I don't even know what I'm looking at any more."
--Nigel Owens to TMO

"Was it a truck and trailer? I don't know, all the black jerseys simply merged into one. Let's award the try anyway."
--Nig.

"Feeling a bit queasy here. Oh well. Try time!"
--Nig.

newblack.jpg

The All Black rolling maul, seen here rumbling directly towards the tryline in broad daylight.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Whitelock Stonemasonry Chapter Expels Rugby Jesuit

--NZ Herald--

The Whitelock Stonemasonry Chapter of Lancaster Park has expelled rugby Jesuit Luke Braid from all New Zealand rugby. He has been exiled to France. No statement has been given and all evidence, pictorial or otherwise, related to the expulsion has been incinerated to ashes on a funeral pyre on the Whitelocks front lawn. No comment has been made from Braid himself. Or any of his relatives. Or anyone at Eden Park.

lukebraid_zpsd90e18bf.jpg

"Hold me, mummy."
--Luke Braid-Whitelock

redklan.jpg

"Has anyone seen my lighter?"

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Mccaw calls Emergency Meeting.

--NZ Herald--

All Black captain Richie Mccaw has called for an Emergency Leadership Group Team Meeting to discuss Kieran Read's wandering locker room hands. "At first I thought his hand on my upper thigh was just him being a bit frisky, you know, in the heat of the moment after another big win" said Mccaw.

10779650_600x400.jpg

The situation of the matter.

"But after we put the cup down and the hand stays there...... and the big smile gets even bigger.... then yeah.... I dunno....."

Kieran Read has announced himself as unavailable for comment. His giant fucking smile is also unavailable for comment.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
*replacing Nathan Harris you mean

Always liked the look of Quentin McDonald when he played at Canterbury and was surprised he never broke through to the fringes of the ABs before he left for Munster.

Hika's signing should bode well for the ABs hooker depth, provided he still isn't in exile?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
*replacing Nathan Harris you mean

Always liked the look of Quentin McDonald when he played at Canterbury and was surprised he never broke through to the fringes of the ABs before he left for Munster.

Hika's signing should bode well for the ABs hooker depth, provided he still isn't in exile?

D'oh! Yes, replacing Nathan Harris, I plead not guilty by reason of sleep deprivation, 5 nights in Hamilton NZ, max overnight temp 12C then back to Brizzy's hottest November since November was invented.

Not sure if he'll be welcomed back with open arms, from what Ive heard he was a serial breacher of the no dickheads policy & it's the senior players rather than the coaching staff who sent him to Coventry. That said, having overcome an injury that would've had many players hanging it up for good does show strength of character & maybe that's a good omen. Elliott in the form he was in when first selected would be a definite plus esp given Kev's dodgy calves, knees etc.

Gratuitous "possible AB recall" alert:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/63515788/Jimmy-Cowan-focused-on-the-Blues-before-ABs

As if. They'll check in to see what Loveridge & Donaldson are up to first.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)