• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Confirmation of Brown's status.

Tony Brown has revealed he has rejected overtures from both Ian Foster and Scott Robertson to be part of their coaching teams if they succeed in replacing Steve Hansen as All Blacks coach. Instead, Brown will be part of Jamie Joseph's team if the current coach of Japan applies for the All Blacks job. "It just didn't feel right to be floating between three coaching teams," he told the Breakdown.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...overtures-from-ian-foster-and-scott-robertson

I take this as very good news for the pretty-much-anyone-but-Foster camp, of which I'm ardently a part of.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Confirmation of Brown's status.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...overtures-from-ian-foster-and-scott-robertson

I take this as very good news for the pretty-much-anyone-but-Foster camp, of which I'm ardently a part of.

Don't know zer0, I not against Foster, not sure why anyone is, but it probably almost helps him, as I think Brown would of been a very good sidekick for either Robertson or Rennie too, so probably weakens there appeal too, and as Joseph tied up with Japan we know he not standing! I would be very keen on Joseph/Brown doing ABs at sometime though.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZR have named the panel that will choose the next AB coach:

"... NZR Chairman Brent Impey, incoming (from January 2020) NZR chief executive Mark Robinson, NZR head of high performance Mike Anthony, former All Blacks Head Coach and NZR life member Sir Graham Henry and former Silver Ferns Coach and High Performance Sport New Zealand director Waimarama Taumaunu."

Appointment to be made pre-Christmas.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...-named-on-all-blacks-coaching-selection-panel

Still believe Foster will get it almost by default unless Joseph is let go by Japan which seems unlikely.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
not against Foster, not sure why anyone is.

cat-bee-suit.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
To be honest DP ,I not for him either, but then I haven't been to any AB training sessions etc to see or hear what he is like as a coach, and he hasn't actually said anything that makes me think he good or otherwise, but I will certainly bow to the posters on here who have inside knowledge.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tony Brown.
The former All Blacks midfielder has revealed he has rejected overtures from both Ian Foster and Scott Robertson to be part of their coaching teams if they succeed in replacing Steve Hansen as All Blacks coach.Instead, Brown will be part of Jamie Joseph's team if the current coach of Japan applies for the All Blacks job.
the-godfather-marlon-brando.jpg

"So this little Tony Brown putz says no to Fozzie. Then he says no to Razor. Do we gotta do something about this fucken little shithead?"

S

Show-n-go

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
fffs, dumbarse Beaudy opens his trap and blurts out "I back Fozzie".

Well, what happens if Fozzie doesnt get the job and you then have to turn up to work under some new prick with no Fozzie?

face.gif

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
"New Zealand Rugby has invited 26 Kiwi coaches to apply for the vacant role as All Blacks head coach, asking those invited to bring their team of supporting coaches into the process with them."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12282914

I honestly wouldn't have thought there would be 26 suitably-qualified candidates even allowing for those still under contract.
Certainly beats the mysterious 'we could be interviewing anyone but actually we've just thrown all our eggs in the Rennie basket' approach of RA.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
lol 26 coaches have applied. It's like the seppos Democratic nominations where you just KNOW there's only 3 bastards with a realistic chance.

Let's Review the favourites:

1 Fozzie, John Kirwan and Tasesa Lavea cartel
2 Razor, Rueben and anyone named Blackadder cartel
3 JJ and Tony Brown
4 Gatland and some rando welsh gits cartel
5 Rennie and Jono Gibbes
6 Schmidt and a rando team to compile his weekly butthurt dossier on how refs didnt let his team cheat
7 Cotter, Vinnie Barbarino and Horshack
8 Plumtree and Boyd
9 John Mitchell, Robbie Deans and King Carlos AKA The 2003 Pebble In The Sock Cartel

B

Bobby Sands

fffs, dumbarse Beaudy opens his trap and blurts out "I back Fozzie".

Well, what happens if Fozzie doesnt get the job and you then have to turn up to work under some new prick with no Fozzie?

face.gif

I guess he takes his place as one of the best players in the world and gets on with it.

Very standard for players to back the current regime, would be stranger if he said he didn’t back Foster.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
FFS

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...seph-drops-out-of-race-signs-again-with-japan

JJ is a smart man. He knows his stock is sky high with Japan so couldve, and probably did, name his price. The AB job aint going anywhere. On the back burner. Him and Tony Brown can sit back for the next 4 years and watch all of NZ beg them to come back while dipshit Fozzie rogers the whole shebang up the arse.
Only work if he continues to succeed with Japan which will be harder if they join another comp

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I actually thought I wouldn't of minded JJ doing the ABs, think unless Razor has got a good back up team the job will be Foster's now.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think Robertson is far too green, but I'd take him every day of the week over Foster.

But I'm still hoping Cotter is applying and that the myopic NZ media has simply forgotten about him.

EDIT: And that it's actually a legitimate selection process. Not just a charade to try and lend some credence to the already anointed Foster.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think Robertson is far too green, but I'd take him every day of the week over Foster.

But I'm still hoping Cotter is applying and that the myopic NZ media has simply forgotten about him.

EDIT: And that it's actually a legitimate selection process. Not just a charade to try and lend some credence to the already anointed Foster.

Tell me honestly zer0, what info you have got on Foster that would makes you so sure he wouldn't be a good coach, and why the people on selection panel don't know about it.
I was keen on JJ, because I think Robertson a little green, but if he got a decent back up team he maybe ok anyway. I would be interested on who Foster's back up team is too, as I think that may make a lot of difference to any coach. And likewise for Rennie, is he definitely out? And Cotter I must admit to being keen on a couple of years ago, but haven't really seen what he done lately.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Now that Aus have picked Rennie thats backed NZ into a corner I reckon.

There is NO WAY nzrfu can conscion selecting the failure whose mess the new Aus coach instantly fixed en route to immediately taking the same team to back-to-back soup titles.

Picking Foster would reduce the whole thing to some sort of benevolent, nepotistic "but its my turn" in-house losers charade.

To save face it HAS to be Razor.

(see what I did there)