• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I attended that game and Scots lead early because their forwards were better than Newington's for the first 25 minutes. When the Scots hooker went off, the game changed. Atkinson was very quiet for mine that day and missed a tackle or 2.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep, Newington weren't that good early on, most of their team is very young and they have quite a lot of inexperience in the team mixed with experience so that probably contributed to poor execution. As the season got on they became better and played more fluently and much more clinical. They probably reached their potential last week against Joeys and one try stood out: Joeys were attacking inside the Newington's 22, a counter-ruck from the aggressive forwards saw Roach steal the ball and from there on and the next 20 metres saw them keep the ball in close (1 pass) with brilliant ball security, every phase got over the advantage line courtesy of the two big props, with the pressure they spread it wide to the two centres who made a few busts and then more pick and drive. Eventually once in the Joeys 22 they it spread wide and the winger scored in the corner. Joeys were on the back foot the whole time after they were on the offence. It was great to watch. If they can produce the same game plan, they'll be very hard to stop. I just wonder how focused they will be after such a big game.

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
[. I just wonder how focused they will be after such a big game.[/QUOTE]
----

From the captain own words (Apo) ""it's still unfinish business until the game is over on Saturday". His words before the game against Joeys "We will see". He respect every players of the opposition and he leave the answer to the right moment with out saying it.

N

NorthernSon

Hmmm Baldingwingforward may I suggest you look for another schoolboy forum to vent your childish jeolousy as your comments relating to Joeys is way off the mark and Im certainly not a supporter but have admired their effort. I only witnessed the Kings v Joeys match and this epic Win was no fluke, it was what GPS rugby was all about. I note Benn Robinson on the Rugby Club commenting on his best moment in schoolboy rugby being beating Joeys at Joeys in 2002. Well the Kings 2010 group were not off their game just outplayed in just an fine exhibition of courage. The excuse for the loss relating to Ed Wylie's unavailability doesnt stack up noting all sides have injuries and I recollect Joeys had two 5 star performers in Bond and Tegart sidelined for what I now understand their entire promising careers.
I couldnt get to the Catholic cup game but understand it was another passionate display by view and joeys with joeys playing fantastic running rugby. I just dont really enjoy reading such tripe Baldwingforward, beating last years joint premeirs back to back sounds like a tough gig to me and certainly something that only New have been able to replicate.
From all reports New were red hot last week and indeed worthy champions after what should be a challenging match against view.
I will be there to watch some friends from Shore 2nds this week and I certainly hope the boys can stand up to the pressure of the Joeys cauldron.

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hmmm Baldingwingforward may I suggest you look for another schoolboy forum to vent your childish jeolousy as your comments relating to Joeys is way off the mark and Im certainly not a supporter but have admired their effort.
----------------------------------
I salute to Joeys supporters and players of how they proud of their players despite their big loss. Their humbleness to sing their school song during the game and after as their 1st XV stood shoulder to shoulder before their supports was very moving.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Has been a great season. Highlight for me was this finish.
Kings vs Joeys 2010 (the kick)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxl_MBthqF8

Thanks for posting that. Ostensibly it wasn't a difficult kick but the pressure on young Gus Le Lievre must have been massive.

I was sitting near his mother when he was preparing for the kick and she had both hands to her face and almost keening for her son who was more relaxed than she was.

He will remember that kick for the rest of his life.

G

groger

just wondering you people think this years newington side stacks up against some of the best schoolboy sides?

S

sportzfan

Luani and Appo wouldn't run any where near Atkinson's channel when Scots played New a while back. Funny that.
Oh please, you obviously haven't seen Luani and Appo play to make such a ridiculous comment like that. These two fear nobody, especially not Atkinson

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Unless Luani changes position - perhaps 6 or in the backs - he will be lost to league next year. Sad but inevitable.

O

oldy

just wondering you people think this years newington side stacks up against some of the best schoolboy sides?

joeys 04 side or kings 02 sides were probably the best in recent years. but newington have performed amazingly this season, the only doubt is to wether they are truly newington players.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
joeys 04 side or kings 02 sides were probably the best in recent years. but newington have performed amazingly this season, the only doubt is to wether they are truly newington players.

Apart from one they all Newington developed. That one is Apo and this year his game is far superior to what it was when he was at Endeavour.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
oldy - warning. Don't make such comments such as "truly Newington players" even if you are right and yours were egregiously wrong.

Go back on this thread and you will find a list of New players and when they joined the school. But don't discuss it - we won't be interested.

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
-----------------------------------------------------------

oldy, it's very simple to answer your question. ask the players and they will tell you - "you asking a stupid question".

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Apart from one they all Newington developed. That one is Apo and this year his game is far superior to what it was when he was at Endeavour.

Not sure what your point is about Apo?
Of course he is better than he was when playing opens 2 years ago.with all due respect to his style of play, it is based on power & hard running.
He is now 2 years older & stronger. he has also had the benefit of 2 years @ NTS.
New identified he had talent & imported him, I think he would be playing to the same standard today REGARDLESS of what school he attended.
It is a bit rich to import talented players when they are of opens age , and when they play to expectations claim that you improved them!

S

shadow1

it seems Joeys just want to forget the result last week, looking at their website under sports results
they have no result for the 1sts or other teams that lost to New ie 15As. Is this a "typo" also thought New won the 16As

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
He certainly looks like a fine no. 8, but he also looks like a league player, though I don't know what prompts me to say that.

Maybe it's because he plays like a man-boy as Pocock and TPN were at school.

Hold on - let's keep him; those other two are decent players. [Where is that smiley for understatement?]

G

groger

Luani plays SG ball for the tigers with Keliti Vaingalo. I believe he will be training with them full time next season and persuing a career in league ... sad but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.