• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doona

Frank Row (1)
Predictions :

The Joeys boys will upset Scots by 5 points - big improvements in team cohesion from Oakhill to Newington game;
Newington over Shore - just on size and speed out wide
Kings will upset Riverview - just because

Someone has to go against the trend….
Shore have plenty of speed out wide you did not go to the gps athletics
Shore winger Matt Dowsett won the hurdles and 2nd in 200 and 4 th in 100 11.06 after running the other events he scored a very good try against kings chasing a kick and Connolly coming back from acl still 11.25
Shore will have the advantage out wide

footytime

Stan Wickham (3)
It was a close game rather than a good one: a lot of simple handling errors.
14 All draw.
Grammar missing both potential captains at 8 and 10, together with 15, 11, 13 and 3.
Treated by SGS as a trial in that kick for penalty 10m out in front was passed up for a quick tap as were several earlier opportunities to kick for touch or scrum: Grammar having the better scrum and lineout.
Some real grit in the SBHS team as always. Well coached and a good understanding of what they were trying to do. A good length of the field try in the 2nd half was, however, the only time they were out of their 22 in that period - so you will get the idea that Grammar were lacking in their ability to do anything with the field position they had.
I am predicting a tough season for both when the 3rds comp kicks off.

How was SGS set pieces looking?

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Shore have plenty of speed out wide you did not go to the gps athletics
Shore winger Matt Dowsett won the hurdles and 2nd in 200 and 4 th in 100 11.06 after running the other events he scored a very good try against kings chasing a kick and Connolly coming back from acl still 11.25
Shore will have the advantage out wide

Those hurdles will be players this time.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Picks for this weekend

Newington over Shore. "The Black and White Battle"

Joeys vs Scots. "The prepared vs. the unprepared"

Kings over Riverview. "David vs. Goliath"

Should be a good 1st round. Im calling all the upsets.

T

The Big Show

On the eve of round 1, I only have this to say: I hope all the boys go out perform in the spirit of the game and GPS. No matter what happens, I know we’re bound for a cracker of a season. I think this a message we can all support, regardless of allegiance. Thank you. Well done.

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
From the team posted above 6 were in the 1st XV last year
Emery was off the bench playing 1/2 due to being sick
Notable omission Olver and Lucus are out due to injury
Shore team for the Newington game should be at least 7 players from last year 1st XV. So plenty of experience at this level

Thanks,
from the once or twice I saw them last year, they lacked size but showed a plenty of ticker. I think they will do better than most people think, well hopefully except for this weekend :)

T

The Big Show

Hi everyone, does anybody know who looks the goods in the 3rd XV competition? Who should I be watching out for?

The Mole

Frank Row (1)
Hi everyone, does anybody know who looks the goods in the 3rd XV competition? Who should I be watching out for?
I heard the Scots backline is looking flash with Josh Frieberg, Jack Maddocks and Matt Mcpingly looking stepping down from 2nd XV rugby to play in the 3rds.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I heard the Scots backline is looking flash with Josh Frieberg, Jack Maddocks and Matt Mcpingly looking stepping down from 2nd XV rugby to play in the 3rds.

that ploy never works.
Maddocks played "GPS 16s" last year and was, dare I say it, sublime in the shockingly wet final at Knox and yet he can't make the 1s?
Either the 1s 5/8 is out of the box or there's something else afoot.

Captain Cabby

Stan Wickham (3)
that ploy never works.
Maddocks played "GPS 16s" last year and was, dare I say it, sublime in the shockingly wet final at Knox and yet he can't make the 1s?
Either the 1s 5/8 is out of the box or there's something else afoot.

You are too right about Jack Maddocks, but he is playing 3rd XV this year. Scots will be a threat, but im really looking forward to see how SBHS are going. Apparently they were looking flash agianst Grammar..

Predictions:

1st. SBHS, Got a very good N.o 9/10 combination. N.o 8 looked very tough and hard to tackle in trial.
2nd. Scots, Showaan Bajapai, Aidan Brown and Jack Maddocks all ex 1st XV reps. Will be hard to stop.
3rd. Joeys, Always tough, can be unpredictable.. Not sure if they will be as good at the start of the season.
4th. Riverview, Did have good trial form, but the long season will test the depth of the 3rd XV
5th. Armidale, Too much farming not enough footy, not sure if there even was a pre season in Armidale
6th. Kings, Could be the dark horse team of the competition, not much is know. N.o 9 has a nifty pass apaz.
7th. Grammar, this years HSC will be a huge distraction, rumours are they have had a big pre season
8th. Newington, No big boys in this team.. Will struggle, and can't see any results going there way, may push Shore
9th. Shore, depth for Shore is a massive issue. Always an excuse by the end, so i put them last.

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
Capture.PNG

Stop texting during English classes. Those lessons on Fiction have paid off however your grammar needs assistance.

Agree Jasdec

First and last chance youngsters - shape up or ship out

Lee Grant.

Lee, you're no fun. What did Captain Cabby say ?!?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
No point repeating. Fairly simple really. He posted material that was in breach of schoolboy forum rules.

1. Speak respectfully to each other
Change: "What planet are you on? Player X was shithouse . "
To: "I didn't see it that way, I thought .

2. Speak respectfully about the players
Change: "Lazy fat bugger with no rugby brains"
To: "Needs to come off his wing and get more involved"
Not only are these statement more respectful, they are more accurate. "Lazy bugger" doesn't mean anything specific.

providence

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm afraid you may need to check your sources.
Both sides were very ordinary, IMO.
If Maddocks plays 3s TSC will be a real handful.

I have no connection to the school but I do vaguely to J.Maddocks. My info from 6 months back was that he was playing down / not playing / playing 3rds this year. Was not interested. A great cricketer.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
You are too right about Jack Maddocks, but he is playing 3rd XV this year. Scots will be a threat, but im really looking forward to see how SBHS are going. Apparently they were looking flash agianst Grammar..

Predictions:

1st. SBHS, Got a very good N.o 9/10 combination. N.o 8 looked very tough and hard to tackle in trial.
2nd. Scots, Showaan Bajapai, Aidan Brown and Jack Maddocks all ex 1st XV reps. Will be hard to stop.
3rd. Joeys, Always tough, can be unpredictable.. Not sure if they will be as good at the start of the season.
4th. Riverview, Did have good trial form, but the long season will test the depth of the 3rd XV
5th. Armidale, Too much farming not enough footy, not sure if there even was a pre season in Armidale
6th. Kings, Could be the dark horse team of the competition, not much is know. N.o 9 has a nifty pass apaz.
7th. Grammar, this years HSC will be a huge distraction, rumours are they have had a big pre season
8th. Newington, No big boys in this team.. Will struggle, and can't see any results going there way, may push Shore
9th. Shore, depth for Shore is a massive issue. Always an excuse by the end, so i put them last.

I find your ranking of High and TAS interesting.

TAS won it last year - not sure how many players coming back and the strength of their 16s last year.

You question Shore's depth, but not High's? Shore field 10 open XVs and High 2.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.