• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Overall a successful evening for GPS, victorious in both games and good signs in 3's 4's hit out. Couldn't help but notice GPS 3rds team with a huge amount of year 11's possibly development for next years 1sts team.

For 1's Gittoes, Prindiville, McGregor the standouts in a 46-0 victory over CAS..

GG out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GG what was score blue v white? Any standouts

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
GG what was score blue v white? Any standouts

Final score was 34-12 to Blue or 3rds

Overall forwards didn't stand out from both teams, a lot of drop ball. Standouts were definitely the 4 influential backs from Blue - Rhys Miller 15 (kings), Will Terry 13 (view), Matt Orpen 12 (kings), Yirribi Jaffer-Williams 14 (joeys).. Who all made breaks and set up breaks.. As well as a few tries from those individuals

Good forwards were Jake Hedge 2 (Shore), Lachie Simpson 7 (joeys)

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
I thought it was hard to pick a standout for GPS 1s in the main game. Gittoes for mine was everywhere the whole backline, especially considering the conditions played exceptionally well. Some of the quick ball movement was outstanding for essentially one day together. Disappointment was the scrum, GPS would have lost 3 of their own scrums seemed something going wrong in the front row.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434453701.179848.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434453736.829259.jpg

T

themanger

Thoughts on a possible NSW 1's team, based on performances from yesterday?

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Thoughts on a possible NSW 1's team, based on performances from yesterday?

This is something I have found online, the NSW 1s and 2s for 2014. I think working off this and finding out which players were in these teams for year 11 could be a good way of forming some sort of team for NSW 1s.

NSW 1st XV
P.Bradford, E.Craig, A.Vatuvei (CHS); V.Fifita, T.Rudolf, T.Piroddi, A.Crichton, C.O’Shea, S.Tarogi, H.Hutchison, G.Porter, H.Fotukava (GPS); J.Widders-Leece, S.Kirkby, D.Smerdon, H.Summerhayes, C.Watson (CAS), J.Walker, L.Anderson, L.Lough, H.Goddard, W.McRae, S.Afu (ISA)
NSW 2nd XV
M.Laimani, E.Pritchard, J.Sedgemen, N.Gittoes, N.Duffy, B.Freeman, S.Kennewell, T.Wright, J.McGregor, M.Serhon, B.Petterson, J.Woodhill, H.Emery, W.McDonald (GPS); W.Finely, H.Johnston-Holmes, J.Wright (CHS): N.Burkett, J.Williams (CAS); D.Moore, J.Lough, J.Day (ISA); F.Brown (CCC).
Shadows
J.Lotoaniu, J.Nettleton, A.Massimo, L.Swinton, A.Davies, J.Hayson, J.Pierce, B. van Zyl, T.Strang, S.Renton, J.Thomas, N.Yeomans, L.Tali, B.Fontaine, K.Anthony.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This is the AAGPS thread. Debate on the NSW All Schools 1st XV and 2nd XV selections to this thread please:
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...chools-trial-games-and-selections-2015.15259/

If you want a list of the "incumbents" (those who were selected for Australian Schoolboys championships (NSW 1, NSW 2 or Combined States) and are believed to be back at school in 2015) see here.
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...-games-and-selections-2015.15259/#post-715505

Note incumbency is no guarantee of re-selection, but it indicates what last years selectors were thinking about last years form compared to the players who were at last years trials.

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
Saw all 3 games yesterday. Blue V White rained most of game unfortunately,ball was slippery so lots of dropped ball. Blue tight five lead by #2 Hedge dominated the white pack.White pack lost 7 Clifford which did not help as he was best back rower on the field first half. In the second half Blue backs got good go forward ball and outside backs played well.There were no real stand out players here that would be considered for NSW.
GPS '2nds.
Stand out players were #2 Dylan Woods- Brundenell was everywhere , fast with great ball skills and high work rate, Horton in GPS 1's will have to play exceptionally well to keep this kid out.Tim Clements 15 was all class and cut above the others.Once the forwards got on top the backline ran rampant through tiring defence. #14 Tyronr Taukamo entertained with some strong runs and terrific palm offs and #5 Nick Brown was impressive with is work rate and all round skills as was prop Story.
GPS 1's What a thrashing, Well led by #9 Strang this is a talented team. Gittoes terrorised at #6 well backed up by #8 Doyle and #7 Smith. The pack dominted and gave this slick backline great go forward ball.Strang's great service let McGregor pull the strings running at the line and creating lots of opportunities for the outside backs with Kennewell and Prindiville dominating ,although all the bac.ks played well. However i suppoose one has to take a look at the opposition who were totally outclassed. Not one CAS boy could you consider for a NSW spot on yesterdays performance. look forward to the next game against CHS to see how the team performs under pressure.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
It is a shame that GPS don't play ISA. Strang was great yesterday and a match up between he and Goddard would have be good to see.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This has been discussed in the NSW trials thread.

But since I am here, there is a blog on yesterday's matches:

http://goo.gl/2UInZF

As Hugh Jarse says: discuss the NSW trials game in the other thread and not here unless talking about changes to the GPS sides and matters just GPS.

Remember that on Friday please.

theman123

Peter Burge (5)
Saw all 3 games yesterday. Blue V White rained most of game unfortunately,ball was slippery so lots of dropped ball. Blue tight five lead by #2 Hedge dominated the white pack.White pack lost 7 Clifford which did not help as he was best back rower on the field first half. In the second half Blue backs got good go forward ball and outside backs played well.There were no real stand out players here that would be considered for NSW.
GPS '2nds.
Stand out players were #2 Dylan Woods- Brundenell was everywhere , fast with great ball skills and high work rate, Horton in GPS 1's will have to play exceptionally well to keep this kid out.Tim Clements 15 was all class and cut above the others.Once the forwards got on top the backline ran rampant through tiring defence. #14 Tyronr Taukamo entertained with some strong runs and terrific palm offs and #5 Nick Brown was impressive with is work rate and all round skills as was prop Story.
GPS 1's What a thrashing, Well led by #9 Strang this is a talented team. Gittoes terrorised at #6 well backed up by #8 Doyle and #7 Smith. The pack dominted and gave this slick backline great go forward ball.Strang's great service let McGregor pull the strings running at the line and creating lots of opportunities for the outside backs with Kennewell and Prindiville dominating ,although all the bac.ks played well. However i suppoose one has to take a look at the opposition who were totally outclassed. Not one CAS boy could you consider for a NSW spot on yesterdays performance. look forward to the next game against CHS to see how the team performs under pressure.

Anyone got the trial game???

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not sure I agree that luck takes over in these conditions, rather, as the darkness show us yearly if not weekly those with the best fundamental skills prosper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reminds me of the stories about the late, great, Greg Davis practicing on his own for a long time after training. Just dribbling the ball up and down the sideline, getting ready for wet conditions.
Something he brought over from the Land of the Long White Cloud no doubt!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Not sure I agree that luck takes over in these conditions, rather, as the darkness show us yearly if not weekly those with the best fundamental skills prosper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which is quite often the case in the dry too. Note to others the emphasis and high regard that the SJC rugby programme has always placed on the fundamentals.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.