• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS - The Next Generation - U16 Competition, and Presidents XV Rep Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Grammar, It would be unfair for me to opine in a vacuum of information; how they are going? who is new? how has their pre-season gone? No doubt the more talented players in their squads will want equal air time in the count down to GPS selection so please if anyone has any form on the ones to watch, please share.

Heavy injury toll. 5/8 (CIS Year 6) gone for 9 months.
Maybe 1 player could claim an expectation to play Presidents.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
Heavy injury toll. 5/8 (CIS Year 6) gone for 9 months.
Maybe 1 player could claim an expectation to play Presidents.

Heavy injury toll is correct Strang (9) shoulder,mason (10) knee,Savala (12) shoulder, outside centre as well not sure of name . Could be a long season but character building.

As for presidents team Harris , William's and zylstra all forwards would be a chance as look as if there IV material next year if not before and Ben Baker 2IV a must playing great rugby at moment.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^Agree re Williams - good size and mobility for a lock and played a very good 2015/6 JGC campaign in U17s.

Don't know Harris, but Zylstra has his work cut out up against some very good front rowers including the 2015 NSW U15s combination of Will McLennan, Maclean Dombkins and Angus Bell.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Does anyone have a result in the u16 Scots V Shore?

Believe Kings and New had a 5 all draw. Would love to hear about that game!

Joeys comprehensive winners over View 36 Nil. Between injury and boys playing in opens its going to be a very long season for Riverview i'm afraid.

If your good enough to make firsts, by all means play up but boys selected for lower grade opens should be back in the 16s. Shore V View looks set to be their best chance for a competitive game

R

Runpasstackle

Tell that to riverview 2nd xv after yesterday's performance by the 13

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Tell that to riverview 2nd xv after yesterday's performance by the 13
The 13 is Angus Bell who has been a very strong rugby (Gordon) and league rep player for several years. Not sure that counters Armchairs point though - Bell would clearly have added some much needed penetration to the View 16As. Same for the 2nds # 1, will McLennan who Played nsw u15s last year. I too believe you shouldn't weaken your top age group team to bolster your lower grade higher age teams.

benchwarmers

Frank Row (1)
scots beat shore 32-3, scots were scrappy in the first half (5-3) after a boy was stretchered off from shore but came back in the second half with some strong ball carries and a few full field efforts

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Results will make for an interesting round 2.

Kings V Scots. Would tip Kings
Shore V Joeys. Joeys by a lot
New V View. New by a lot more

Give it another round and we can recommence the debate on higher honours. Anyone stand out from round 1?

YG4HUNNID

Stan Wickham (3)
My Thoughts on the 2016 GPS President Rugby Team

1) Will Mclennan (I)
2) Sam Lock (K)
3) Angus Bell (N)
4) Jordan Brown (K)
5) Liam Jansen (N)
6) Ben Pepper (K)
7) Witeriana Koopu (N)
8) Keith Titmuss (N)
9) Joe Dalton (J)
10) Saul Lewis (N)
11) Matt Dutalis (I)
12) Matt Minogue (K)
13) Dom Easy (I)
14) Nathanael Endemann (N)
15) Vincent Creagh (J)

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
A solid looking squad. Albeit 6 Newington boys may be optimistic. Also note a lot of Norths Rep players too (9 I think?) ;) But hey YG4HUNNID your opinion is of as much value as anyone else on this forum

I think in 2-3 more rounds we will have a better idea of relative form to debate the squad. Notice you are missing Angus Bell from view. He scored 3 tries in 2nds against Joeys last weekend! Surely he would be there??

A lot of talented u16 players going around in GPS. Might be worth drafting both Presidents XV squads. Would be good to get feedback on all schools so you get a sense of who are the ones to watch from all teams

With the exception of the boys playing up in opens, I would imagine the majority of the squad likely to come from Newington Kings and Joeys.

deezebola

Frank Nicholson (4)
Angus Duvall (2nd row/flanker) and Chris Icanovaksi (prop) two players in newington 2nds and both U16, chances of making the gps team?

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Does anyone have a result in the u16 Scots V Shore?

Joeys comprehensive winners over View 36 Nil. Between injury and boys playing in opens its going to be a very long season for Riverview i'm afraid.

If your good enough to make firsts, by all means play up but boys selected for lower grade opens should be back in the 16s. Shore V View looks set to be their best chance for a competitive game
Angus Bell's tries for the 2ndXV are shown here. Clearly the 2ndXV standard will develop his game much more than playing down in 16A's.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
A near boil over in the 16s at Northbridge. Shore leading with 2 minutes to go. Joeys score on the bell to win the match 24-22.

Got to feel for the shore boys. They played out of their skins and would have been deserved winners. Joeys scrum looked much better with replacement prop with 10 minutes to go. 2 tight heads got them home .

Wasn't that joeys were bad, shore look a team playing with passion and heart. Well done! A vastly different team to last year and deserving serious respect.

Do not underestimate. Shore also picked up draws in 14 a and 15 a results so things are looking up at northbridge.

All other results joeys way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
16As competition looks to be a cracker.

Throw the form guide out, all teams in the hunt. Fantastic schoolboy footy on offer.

For the sceptics, any of the 6 teams competing in A comp deserve your attention.

View got pumped last week by joeys and lost by a converted try this week against New.

Shore could have beaten Joeys this week and fell at the bell 24-22.

Kings beat Scots on the bell this week after last weeks draw with New.

What a wonderful competition we have to behold in the weeks ahead!

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
A near boil over in the 16s at Northbridge. Shore leading with 2 minutes to go. Joeys score on the bell to win the match 24-22.

Got to feel for the shore boys. They played out of their skins and would have been deserved winners. Joeys scrum looked much better with replacement prop with 10 minutes to go. 2 tight heads got them home .

Wasn't that joeys were bad, shore look a team playing with passion and heart. Well done! A vastly different team to last year and deserving serious respect.

Do not underestimate. Shore also picked up draws in 14 a and 15 a results so things are looking up at northbridge.

All other results joeys way.

Shore played very well & were very unlucky not to get the chocolates & overall deserved to win. Joeys will point to an intercept from 60m out and a fortunate bounce from a high kick which could have gone anywhere but this would only mask some real issues with the tight forwards who seem hell bent on standing out of the rucks and mauls & having a run. Kings, New & Scots will have a field day if they don't address this area and quickly. Shore 14As & 15As very strong and should be on the road back to glory in the next few years.

waratahman

Bob McCowan (2)
any reports from the newington v riverview 16a's match from yesterday? Any standouts from either side or did anyone previously penciled in for pres selection by other contributors standup?

YG4HUNNID

Stan Wickham (3)
any reports from the newington v riverview 16a's match from yesterday? Any standouts from either side or did anyone previously penciled in for pres selection by other contributors standup?
Newington Won 19-12. Both Newington and Riverviews Fullbacks Stood out Raine Dellow (N) and Tom Glascott (I)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom