• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW club rugby thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Novocastrian said:
West Harbour haven't been too good the last 2 rounds have they. Only beating Southern by 4 and that flogging yesterday! :eek:

Eastwood have a bit of a production line churning out prop sized 12's?!?! That Corcoran bloke looks like he'd match Kersiano for size, although he looked to have a fair bit more pace than the Bus :lmao:

I thought the same thing. This was one big boy.

Also, what's the go with lineout throws, you're not allowed to fake a throw are you? Looked like Fitzpatrick was doing it all game when throwing in, a couple of little fakes before finally letting it go? :nta:

Yup, also thought the same thing there. For most of his throws to the front Fitzpatrick just lobbed it right in and mostly got it right, but anything longer, or anything he seemed unsure on he double pumped it 2 or 3 times. Was waiting for him to be called for borking.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
whocares said:
Gordon 21 - Eastwood 20

Stand out for Eastwood was no. 15 John Grant
Anyone know where he's come from. The commentators said he's straight out of school.
I too trekked out to Milner to view the Eastwood-Gordon derby. First grade game for me this year as I normally attend the various School games. Took me back to regular Sundays @ Milner when we had the likes of North vs South Harbour, City vs Country & various Barbarian games. They were great days.
Good to see the Gordon revival after several years in the doldrums- Lachlan Fear has blended a pretty mobile and talented team. Despite some more well-known players in the Woodies team, Gordon playwed well and one can see why there are placed close to the Prem,iership lead.
For me the player of interest was Gordom fly-half, Dave Harvey. Popped up everywhere all over field and scored a very tidy double. Also a more than competant goal-kicker.

S

sir pseudo

AussieDominance said:
barbarian said:
whocares said:
Gordon 21 - Eastwood 20

Stand out for Eastwood was no. 15 John Grant
Anyone know where he's come from. The commentators said he's straight out of school.

Left Riverview in 2006. Didn't make NSW schools IIRC, but his size and boot were pretty good. Don't know if he is an amazing prospect, but with the lack of quality 15s at the moment you never know...

They mentioned he played Australian U19's. Good runner of the footy and athletic for a big bloke. If he bulked up a bit he could be something.

Serious speed. Was GPS champion in 100m sprint. Not a bad replacement for Lachie Turner.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Was talking to one of the Eastwood board today. They're pretty happy with him, but not their captain who turned down a shot at three and packed a scrum. :)

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Lindommer said:
Aussie D said:
I don't want to talk about a certain result and I'm sure Lindommer doesn't either.

What result? Don't know what you're rabbitting on about.

That's the spirit. If we don't mention it, it didn't happen - like the Kiwis and the last 5 world cups.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
That was a terrific display by John Grant on Saturday.

I remember him as a school player only because I fished out a 2006 team sheet for GPS v CAS held at Joeys. I had written down alongside his name in the GPS Twos team. "Good kicker for line. Good finisher," but I didn't think that anyone could take exception to his being omitted from the 2 NSW Schools squads that year.

He's played 3rd grade and some 2nd Grade since leaving school and I'm fairly sure that it's his first starting game in 1st Grade.

He seems like a Peter Playford type and if he keeps playing at that level in 1st grade he will be pencilled in in a few black books.

We'll have to watch this space.

O

oxe7

he was very decieving in that he looked skinny and not very strong but when he ran it he broke tackles and made all types of indents.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
The Wankers from Warringah had a decent win against the Highlander there - thanks to Gordon playing at about 80% and poor refereeing.

Of course, the real talking point is the return of the mighty Beasts - belting Sydney Uni (27-18) and making a serious charge for the Shield. They'll be peaking at the right time. Its inevitable - even Vickerman and Mumm couldn't hold off the Beasts !!

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
naza said:
The Wankers from Warringah had a decent win against the Highlander there - thanks to Gordon playing at about 80% and poor refereeing.

Of course, the real talking point is the return of the mighty Beasts - belting Sydney Uni (27-18) and making a serious charge for the Shield. They'll be peaking at the right time. Its inevitable - even Vickerman and Mumm couldn't hold off the Beasts !!

Watched the Rats/Highlanders on the tube-those ABC commentators waffle on!
Yes- some mysterfying decisions. Gordon lineout struggled yesterday-they were without Kingsley Seale and he obviously makes huge difference.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
naza said:

You forgot De Bartolo!

R

Rugby Rat

Went for a wander over the little hill to see the Galloping Greens smash Tahu and Wests.

Wooo Hoooo...

Great result...Go the Galloping Greens.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
And I read an article which said NSW may have found an answer to their goalkicking woes with big Ratu knocking them over for the Wicks.

But seriously, how many Waratah players were taking shots at goal for their clubs. Sheehan, Hangers, Ratu, Batger(?). A worry that we have no good kickers even in first grade.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
2 tries and a penalty he kicked - I didn't even know that he was a goal kicker.

You're right about the goal kickers you mentioned taking kicks for their clubs but none of them is much good and neither is Turner. Carraro is probably the best of a bad lot so he should be on the bench at least, for Tahs games.

There aren't any reasonable goal kicking non-Waratahs in Sydney club rugby who could justify a spot in a starting 15, as I mentioned 12 months ago when Hewat was released, and none for a 22 better than Carraro, though they might have a look at fullback Ben Martin from West Harbour, who can cover 10 also or Andrew Smith the Norths winger who kicked OK for the Rays in the ARC.

Yeah, I know their limitations too.

R

Rugby Rat

the gambler said:
And I read an article which said NSW may have found an answer to their goalkicking woes with big Ratu knocking them over for the Wicks.

But seriously, how many Waratah players were taking shots at goal for their clubs. Sheehan, Hangers, Ratu, Batger(?). A worry that we have no good kickers even in first grade.

Ratu isn't the best kicker but gee I love him in open space. Randwick reserves had a good win as well. The kicker for them was knocking them over from everywhere.

R

Rugby Rat

On a side note. Is that "The" Lachlan Mackay playing 3rds for Randwick ?

R

Rugby Rat

Scarfman said:
Was he rolling on the turf, clutching at some part of his leg? If so, I'd say it was.

;D

I am happy that this weather might be clearing. Coogee oval would be a wet cold place 2morrow afternoon.

Can't wait to see Ratu and the greens carve the woodies.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Emu said:
No mention of the mighty Emus? For shame...

Sorry Emu, I've been watching their results and looking for a win of theirs to extol but so far this year they have struggled. I really wanted them to have a good year this year to shove their finger (preferably middle digit) in the face of the OFB but it hasn't eventuated. How close are you to the club? Any news as to what will be happening next year? Pie Cart mentioned in his weekly wank (otherwise known as R&M) about clubs threatening to break away if the number of grades were reduced next season.

Welcome aboard by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.