1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nucifora GONE!

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by GaffaCHinO, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

Is that really a possibility do you reckon?
  2. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

I highly doubt it.

I was really just casting out a couple of lines and hoping I got a nibble. [IMG]
  3. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

It may show the general lack of regard for the ARU on here that you didn't get one: i think most of us think that absolutely anything is possible.
  4. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

You'd think that making him High Performance Manager was already a case of promoting him to a position of unimportance. There probably aren't any more senior unimportant positions available.
  5. Lior Herbert Moran (7)

Great news for Australian Rugby. JON instructed budget cuts and Nucifora had very little success in stopping JON's razor or at least redirecting it. The cost of what this man has done to Australian Rugby is substantial and will be felt for a few more years. Truly a win for Australian Rugby having this man step down. Maybe he was a decent coach. But as an administrator/coach he was a cataclysmic failure. Truly this man provides the framework for every administrator in every field to at least question the CEO on budget cuts, showing that they don't always know what is best in the long run. JON who is a wonderful administrator lost a bit of sight later on in his term, but I really do wonder if Nucifora ever had any.

Some may think I am being to harsh, but if you submit yourself to these positions in the public arena you should absolutely be ready for the criticism. To think this guy actually was going to coach the Wallabies. Keep the black armbands in the closet for one day longer ladies and gentleman because suddenly the future of Australian Rugby doesn't look so bleak with this man departing.
  6. It is what it is John Solomon (38)

Can someone provide Nucifora's Org Chart.
    I understand there are at least 10 coaches within it who do not coach any team.
    Could be a great opportunity to revamp the whole structure and the academies too.
  7. Ruggo Mark Ella (57)

ding dong the witch is dead, the witch is dead, the witch is dead.
  8. Gagger Nick Farr-Jones (63)

The central Academy was Nuci's idea and he'd taken it personally when Link/QLD decided to opt out. Looks like he's figured that vote of no confidence was lost - and maybe he got a whiff of the new CEO as well..
    Scotty likes this.
  9. TOCC Guest

the ARU HPU needs to completely restructured along a similar model as what Cricket Australia has recently employed.

The HPU should cover the Wallabies, U20's(National Academy), 7's (mens and women's), Sport Science, Coaching & Referee Development and AIS scholarship holders and have it all under the one banner with support staff transcending each group and a system of accountability at all levels.
    Richo likes this.
  10. FiveStarStu Bill McLean (32)

Very good.

[IMG]
    Ruggo likes this.
  11. brokendown Alex Ross (28)

has there been any media statement from Nucifora or the ARU?
  12. Bardon Peter Fenwicke (45)

I wonder if the ARU will make a single appointment to replace him with the same responsibilities? Splitting the coaching and admin role would open the possibility of getting a top class administrator regardless of their coaching background. The net could be cast wider to different sports and overseas to find someone who could come in with fresh ideas.

The move would also allow for a promising young Aussie coach to be given a shot with the Under 20s.
    Inside Shoulder likes this.
  13. Scott Allen Trevor Allan (34)

Interesting that only the Australian have run with the story to date. Are rugby journalists on holiday or have the Australian gone off early? No press release from the ARU yet.
  14. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

it was the ARU Christmas party this arvo. I reckon they're all busy!
    Inside Shoulder likes this.
  15. qwerty51 Jason Little (69)

What do you mean QLD/Link opted out of the National Academy?
  16. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

Does this thread belong in the ARU Positivity Thread?

Seems as if we may have seen the end of the Faecal Touch, the anti-Midas Touch from Nuci where everything he touches turns to ...
  17. Gagger Nick Farr-Jones (63)

There's a whole thread about this
  18. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

that is an amazing bit of inside info
    Newter likes this.
  19. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

If these resignations keep up we could finish up with a look we could learn to love.
  20. emuarse Dick Tooth (41)

The Courier Mail has it as well