• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nucifora GONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
The Courier Mail has it as well

Yes, they've all caught up this morning.

Brett Harris from the Australian obviously got the scoop on the story as he was well ahead of the others. What does that tell us, given he seems to be an ARU favourite?

churchills cigar

Peter Burge (5)

If anyone is in a any doubt about self preservation and justification of ones position, get your hands on the summer 'rest' program John Mitchell has done for the can. Evens players.
Any half decent S & C coach or track coach would shudder at the unmitigated example of gross over training, 2 days rest in 14, working same muscle groups day after day, speed work while fatigued.
Any player who does what is required would be risking almost certain fatigue, soft tissue injury and will return worse than when the 'rest' began.

The point of this rant. There are too many I the ARU who feel they have to justify their position through excessive regimes. There is still way too many superfluous operators in the guise of efficiency.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
bring Phil Mooney back.

He is fantastic with the youngsters. Has a Junior world cup to his name, and was THE reason Link was so successful, so quickly. He gave the young Reds carte blanche to attack and play what they wanted, just didn't quite have the nous of Link required to harden them up to deal with the moments when everything went fubar. Gave them the skills though.

IMO the Force would be absolutely BARKING if they didn't sign him as an attack coach.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
bring Phil Mooney back.
Also remember, that although he didn't have much success with Otago when he went there, Phil was credited with bringing through some good players in his time there, and Reds players he brought into s14-15 seems to show his abilty to give young players a good foundation of skills.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Does Phil Mooney have much forward coaching ability though? I always thought he was more of a backs coach. The forwards are usually where we fall short in the u20s.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Does Phil Mooney have much forward coaching ability though? I always thought he was more of a backs coach. The forwards are usually where we fall short in the u20s.
Wasn't his forwards coach at the Reds Mark Bell who came through the U21s as an assistant i think.

P

Paradox

Ah yes, now your simile makes sense. Dracula running the blood bank is multitasking. :rolleyes:
You need to think a little more laterally. I believe Nuci as HPM reviews coaching performances. How did he review his own coaching performances at U20 and international level? Re Dracula, it's ok, there's blood in the bank. Re Nuci, it's ok, our coaches are awesome. In any event, desist from paying out BJ. He's a very good poster.

Piggy

Bob McCowan (2)
He is fantastic with the youngsters. Has a Junior world cup to his name, and was THE reason Link was so successful, so quickly. He gave the young Reds carte blanche to attack and play what they wanted, just didn't quite have the nous of Link required to harden them up to deal with the moments when everything went fubar. Gave them the skills though.

IMO the Force would be absolutely BARKING if they didn't sign him as an attack coach.

I wouldn't say he was THE reason why Link was successful but was definitely one of the reasons, Link had a highly skilled group of youngsters that played as a team to work with. He IS however the only reason that Quade Cooper is still playing rugby. He persisted with Quade through the very good and often bad when he was basically still a schoolboy and defended his selection very strongly against a very conservative board that wanted anybody else.

I was a member in those bad old days, when we only had looking forward to beating the Tahs as the highlight for the season. We might have lost, but the journey was exciting... now the destination is good as well...

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I wouldn't say he was THE reason why Link was successful but was definitely one of the reasons, Link had a highly skilled group of youngsters that played as a team to work with. He IS however the only reason that Quade Cooper is still playing rugby. He persisted with Quade through the very good and often bad when he was basically still a schoolboy and defended his selection very strongly against a very conservative board that wanted anybody else.

I was a member in those bad old days, when we only had looking forward to beating the Tahs as the highlight for the season. We might have lost, but the journey was exciting. now the destination is good as well.

For sure. However, the groundwork laid by Mooney is what made it so easy for Link to just waltz in, and provide teh team with a spine. They could win if they wanted, eg smashing the Blues in 2009 in Auckland. They just couldn't work out how to play 80mins which is what Link is good at, providing a team atmosphere and a spine. Mooney is a damn good coach in other aspects though, and is very under-rated. The Force should hire him as an attack coach.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeah, plus he inherited Otago when they were rubbish. No surprise they didn't get much better.

Sure, they got better this year but that was off the back of some terrific recruiting from other areas (including 3 Japanese players).

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Yeah, plus he inherited Otago when they were rubbish. No surprise they didn't get much better.

Sure, they got better this year but that was off the back of some terrific recruiting from other areas (including 3 Japanese players).

Really? i remember them dicking the Crusaders in Christchurch, whilst under Moody's direction...

Like I said (though I may have the year wrong, i'm quite drunk), he's great at getting the inner freak out of players. Just not at turning them into winners. Its a bit like the old saying: you can make a fast car reliable, but you have a much harder time making a reliable car fast"

Mooney is the fast but unreliable car. Just get a good mechanic to employ him.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
.... He IS however the only reason that Quade Cooper is still playing rugby. He persisted with Quade through the very good and often bad when he was basically still a schoolboy and defended his selection very strongly against a very conservative board that wanted anybody else.
Quade was already a Wallaby before link turned up.
He might have gone out on a limb to stop QC (Quade Cooper) from being disciplined for off field behaviour, but QC (Quade Cooper) had already been annointed "the next big thing" before Link's appearance.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't know about "next big thing".

But he never really looked like being a serious test contender until Link's first year.

Shame he's gone backwards lately.........

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
He's not gone backwards. He's just struggled with the step up from Super rugby to test, like he did with the step up from schoolboy to Super rugby.

I'm just fucking sick of people thinking he's shit, and a write off, because he's struggled. I remember his game against the Chiefs a few years back, and I remember ho much he dominated the Semi-final against the Blues in 2011.

Have some god-damned faith people.

Status
Not open for further replies.