1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ domestic competitions 2018

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by waiopehu oldboy, Mar 28, 2018.

1. zer0 Alan Cameron (40)

FFS I thought it was the later Sunday match, not the earlier one. At least the finals are at more regular times. Might even go to Eden Park if the weather is okay.
    KiwiM likes this.
  2. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

^^^^^^^^ should it be Aucks v Mako I'm giving serious thought to making the run up SH1 myself.

Southland's dismal season(s) continues:

3. KiwiM Billy Sheehan (19)

I believe the Auckland v Wellington semi final is 5pm local time Saturday
    zer0 likes this.
  4. dbcooper Stan Wickham (3)

Abel looks like he'd be worthy of a spot in the Australian national squad.
    zer0 and KiwiM like this.
  5. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

Mitre 10 Cup Premiership semifinals
    Tasman v Canterbury, Friday 19 October, kick off 7.35pm at Trafalgar Park, Nelson
    Auckland v Wellington, Saturday 20 October, kick off 5.05pm at Eden Park, Auckland

Mitre 10 Cup Championship semifinals
    Waikato v Northland, Saturday 20 October, kick off 2.35pm at FMG Stadium Waikato, Hamilton
    Otago v Hawke’s Bay, Saturday 20 October, kick off 7.35pm at Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin

http://www.mitre10cup.co.nz/News/33265/domestic-competitions-semifinals-and-finals-confirmed

Week nine wrap-up:

http://www.mitre10cup.co.nz/News/33264/mitre-10-cup-review-week-nine
  6. Dan54 Mark Ella (57)

I missed it to zer0, was picking up wife after bike ride, and didn't check ,so didn't even record it!! I'm slipping in my old age:mad:
  7. KiwiM Billy Sheehan (19)

It may change but at this stage it doesn't look like either of the semi finals are being shown live on Fox this weekend. Doesn't help that the Auckland-Wellington semi final clashes with an NRC semi final.
  8. Dan54 Mark Ella (57)

:mad: F***
    KiwiM likes this.
  9. zer0 Alan Cameron (40)

Yeah I thought he was a mid-20's Auckland club land player that the Blues would do well to sign. Needless to say I was a bit bummed when I learned he was a 29 year old Australian with a Brumbies contract.
  10. MonkeyBoy Bill Watson (15)

I don't believe he is contracted, went to Mitre 10 to hopefully get one I think.
  11. dbcooper Stan Wickham (3)

12. MonkeyBoy Bill Watson (15)

90% sure he has no contract, but as a Brumbies supporter would be very happy to be wrong ;)
  13. zer0 Alan Cameron (40)

Well, if he is un-contracted, then Tana better don his pith helmet and get a poachin'.
    KiwiM likes this.
  14. Up the Guts Tony Shaw (54)

Caught the end of the Auckland North Harbour fixture, Auckland look pretty good for the trophy imo. Impressed with the try by the Auckland left winger.
    KiwiM likes this.
  15. dbcooper Stan Wickham (3)

Brumbies signed him until end of 2019 in 2017, but since then they've signed three other hookers for 2019 too.

Links are all at the wikipedia page.
  16. dbcooper Stan Wickham (3)

MonkeyBoy likes this.
  17. KiwiM Billy Sheehan (19)

Robbie Abel has been named in the Maori All Black squad for their tour of the US/South America.
    RebelYell, MonkeyBoy and zer0 like this.
  18. zer0 Alan Cameron (40)

Guess that would mean one of the franchises has signed him, or is in the process of. Just got to wait and see who it is.

I would also say I'm surprised to see him qualify for the Maori, but it is a pretty low bar. Should still be the Juniors playing instead, mind.
  19. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

^^^^^^^^^^ isn't he the nephew of Sid, Ken & Brian Going? Seem to recall reading that somewhere.
  20. Dan54 Mark Ella (57)

Could well be WOB, seem to recall the name from up that way. Mind you at one stage seemed 20% were part of the Going whanau, then the Osbornes took over it seemed so really probably needed a Going back in!:D
    waiopehu oldboy likes this.