• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nz domestic rugby 2020

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Kickoff times have been revised:

Saturday matches 17:05 AEST/ 19:05 local which to me makes more sense both tv audience- & esp crowd-wise
Sunday matches 13:35 AEST/ 15:35 local not sure what difference half an hour makes

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...as-new-zealand-heads-to-covid19-alert-level-1

Hopefully that means we going to get game on live in Aus because Foxtel are saying no at moment.

Though I suspect the change of times is because of Level 1 and so teams don't need to fly in amd out on same day anymore?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hopefully that means we going to get game on live in Aus because Foxtel are saying no at moment.

I saw some comments on the roar that some Fox channels have "place holder" content advertised in SRA time slots so maybe there's a not-quite-done deal in the works.....

Though I suspect the change of times is because of Level 1 and so teams don't need to fly in amd out on same day anymore?

True but it does mean that Saturday school & community sport will be finished well before SRA kicks off so people can fit both into their schedules.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The best part of this entire rugby recommencement is that there could be some absolutely filthy hair on show to the world. From the Blues alone, Blake Gibson looks to be cultivating a Goodhue/mullet; Hoskins Sotutu has the Jerry Collins Guinness look going; I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but Sam Nock's hair has advanced to it's next evolutionary stage.

I'm sure there's plenty of similar such filth to be found amongst the southerners.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
This is from last night from Fox

"It's still in discussions with Fox Sports and the organisers. Hopefully, we will have a more solid answer in a few days"

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
rugbypass.com is running free promo for AU subscribers until August. They appear to have the NZ games scheduled.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
rugbypass.com is running free promo for AU subscribers until August. They appear to have the NZ games scheduled.

The NZ games aren't in the AU package.

If the Foxtel deal falls through however I expect that to change (and the 'free' part to change).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sam Cane ruled out of Tribe v Clan due to a back injury & JBar in doubt for 'canes v Loss Bleus with a shoulder problem. Crowd-wise Loss Bleus are now anticipating 35K & Clan 20K.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
YEEHAAA!!! F***en YEAH!!! And I just been thinking how good this 2 comp thing is for us kiwis in Aus now. I obviously a Canes man and NZ rugby man, bur with 2 comps I can support Reds absolutely without any distractions too!! I am very happy!

And thanks also to KiwiM for the advoce on alternatives for watching etc, but mate although I grateful, it now time for game build up you Jafa Bastards!!!!!!:D

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ atta boy Dan, get fired up at the POACHING Jafa bastards!

WTF is Gats doing to his players? At Moli now out for the season, joining locks Michael Allardice and Laghlan McWhannell and winger Sam McNicol on that list, plus Angus Ta'avao for at least the first few weeks & of course Sam Cane this week.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...to-double-surgery-for-chronic-hip-dysfunction

Those Chiefs boys are looking a bit brittle aren't they WOB? Moli and Allardice are pretty big outs for the season!! Suspect the Cane one is a little like Jordie down at Canes, most teams had an inter squad run and you know what happens when kiwi boys have been held off playing for a couple of months, they tend to be pretty keen and go fairly hardish!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ to be fair to Gats, Tribe have had a shocking run of injuries for several seasons now, some of which have been more medical/ congenital than impact-relate, Moli being a prime example. I'd still be looking at their S&C dept, though, also the training facilities: lots of sand-filled potholes & divots in the Ruakura turf & the weight room is overdue for re-flooring, I've been told.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Highlanders named for Saturday. Ioane back to 10 finally!

Highlanders team: Mitch Hunt, Sam Gilbert, Rob Thompson, Sio Tomkinson, Jona Nareki, Josh Ioane, Aaron Smith, Marino Mikaele Tu'u, Dillon Hunt, Shannon Frizell, Pari Pari Parkinson, Josh Dickson, Siate Tokolahi, Ash Dixon, Ayden Johnstone.

Replacements: Liam Coltman, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Jeff Thwaites, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, Teariki Ben-Nicholas, Kayne Hammington, Teihorangi Walden, Vilimoni Koroi.