• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2021

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ they can go back to the last restart (scrum, lineout, dropout, etc) regardless of how many phases, I think. And yes, Clan scrum has been shithouse all night. As has their lineout drive.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Pretty good game.

I thought O'Keeffe was excellent. One of the best games i've seen him ref.

Highlanders tight five play is just not up to it. Same story as last year. Why they kept trying to maul it is beyond me.

Hard to believe Coltman was an AB. Man is he bad.

Weirdly poor game from Bryn Hall. Blackadder was good despite the card. Reece was very good. Faainganuuku not bad. Saders tight five as imposing as ever.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlights:

Agree with KiwiM on most points, other than tight five CruSadists weren't really dominant, far too many handling errors (can't blame the dew for them ones :)) & some odd option taking. Clan should defo have put the lineout drive away much earlier & gone for three every time it was available, who knows what some extra scoreboard pressure might've done to CruSadists already shaky composure. That said, a win is a win esp an away win.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
F*** me, Crusaders scrum is scarey good. Be ineteresting to see how they go against Blues, only pack I think that can handle that scrum . Geez Reece was looking pretty much like he was in the mood to get stuck in and play, thoough in general Crusaders were all ok especially the pack with (levin boy) Codie Taylor and Whitelock showing why they bloody good ABs. Scott barrett does some dumb shit, that card was not bright.
Agree with Kiwi, O'Keeffe handled game well, mind you he should now he is living in the 'Mighty Nua".
Alrigh first up game I thought.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

Lifesaver!

Although still on the fence whether i'll shell out another $25 a month for what, 1 match a weekend. The Friday match is 3pm when every prick here on the Pitcairns is still at fucken work. No guarantee this blundercocked "Wowow" outfit will even have replays either.....

Kind of a scumshit move to spread the rugby matches over differing cable packages to eke out another $25 a month from tragics like me. If I did sign up I'd probably **CANCEL** the Japan rugby package to pay for the new channel, my tiny little sad man revenge on the grubby cnuts. Dear Customer Support, go fuck yourself and take your mercenary gaijin imports with you.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ JTL is now live on skySport1 here in the South West Pitcairns so I assumed they'd done some kind of quid pro quo with whomever the JTL host broadcaster is but from what you're saying that's obviously not the case. Which is kinda weird, it making more sense to have both comps (plus, at a minimum, SRAu) bundled.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Predictably, like the sad git I am, I reneged and signed up to WOWOW.

tenor.gif

FFS, 10 years of rushing home on Friday arvo's like a bolt shot from the cock of Thor only to breathlessly see last halves of the Blues hapless weekly capitulation, not about to bench my own arse when the pricks finally look like they're about to come good.....

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Another cracker of a prematch blurb on WOWOW:
"A serious match between talented corps with a wide range of active All Blacks from FW to BK! How will the 2nd place Blues fight against the competing 3rd place influential hurricanes in the enemy territory after gaining a foothold for the revival of the old man!?"
Informative. Had no idea Dan54 had been revived.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Some sensible Crusadering of scrummaging to a card and/or penalty try here we goooo.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ian Smith's stiffy for Jordie is diamond-hard.

LOL@FFSFifita_1stHalf_Watch:

3rd min: decides he still hates rugby and lets Blues score under the sticks
17th min; gets brushed aside like an insect by winger C.Clarke
20th min: cant be fucked walking back onside, gets pinged. Makes tearful phone call to Steve Hansen.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
LOLL@Jordie, trying to reinvent the entire sport off very touch. Thank you very much. Dingus.

LOLL@ Jordie's contentious penalty shot. Bit rude of him to publicly question the professional judgment of highly-respected linesmen such as Alan and Gary Whetton.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well basically went as expected scoreboard wise, though I thought some went better than expected. Thought the halves were a bit better than I thought they would be, Julian Savea went pretty good, so they were a little bonus.