• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2021

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ah shit, Auckland back to L3 for A WEEK from 0600 tomorrow, rest of NZ to L2. Gunna seriously fuck with SRAo schedule not to mention SRT-T & other "wouldn't it be nice" -isms such as Cook Islands/ Gold Coast/ Anywhere Not Auckland travel bubbles.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I mean the Blues are already in Wellington. Could they not just hang out outside of Auckland for the next wee while? Otherwise, yeah, they're going to be seriously handicapped if they're stuck at home training alone while everyone else is out basically business as usual.

You'd also have to imagine the vaccines will be prioritised for Auckland, once the border and MIQ staff are done with.

EDIT: I am a true visionary.

Coach Leon MacDonald and his victorious Blues are braced for more time away from home after the Covid-19 alert level 3 upgrade in Auckland.

MacDonald confirmed that meant the team would not be returning to Auckland on Sunday, even though they are permitted to under level 3, and the search was on for a new temporary base with the rest of the country moving to level 2. Remaining in Wellington, or moving north to Waikato, were the main options.

"The decision is being made right as we speak. Our manager and the CEO will get together and talk to NZ Rugby and formulate a plan. The players are ready and expecting it," MacDonald said at Sky Stadium.

"We'll have to find a new home that can house us and give us what we need to train. We'll look at all our options, whether we head to Hamilton or stay in Wellington, I’m not sure yet. We'll look at a place that can become our home for the short term."

"They [players] definitely are [on board]. With the first lockdown a few weeks ago we were ready to go if we were able to, and now we’re out of the city it makes sense that we keep alive in the competition.

"We need to keep training and under level 3 we won't be able to train. If we have to do a whole week sitting in our houses then that's going to put us behind the eight-ball."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...s-to-avoid-auckland-continue-campaign-on-road

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
And the official, utterly impartial, SRA standings.

eT0AOsf.png

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What did everyone make of the JBar "conversion"? To me it never passed beyond the furthest post so it's not an optical,illusion caused by it curving late. It's being suggested it went over the top of the post, but I didn't think it ever got that high. Very surprised it wasn't looked at.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
It's all about where the ball was at the point in time that it crossed the goal line/post line.

See this photo below and you can see why the touchie's made the decision they did.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210228-125143_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210228-125143_YouTube.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 147

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
What did everyone make of the JBar "conversion"? To me it never passed beyond the furthest post so it's not an optical,illusion caused by it curving late. It's being suggested it went over the top of the post, but I didn't think it ever got that high. Very surprised it wasn't looked at.

Well the ref under that upright said it passed OVER the upright, which is no goal, has to pass completely between it. Impossible to tell from angle on TV, because I thought ball was curving back so don't know where it was when it was over goalpost.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Not a great game but happy to get the win.

Laumape was really disappointing.
I really enjoyed game, thought ok first up.
As for Lumpy, I tend to think he is only a few games in him each year. Also think Super level is about his limit.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Lockdowns should be a thing of the past. NSW might be shit at rugby but at least we have proved contract tracing is the way to deal with this.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

I can't get there any argument, noone on TV or probably at ground would be able to see where ball was when it went past goalpost. What was interesting was hearing O'Keeffe on Breakdown saying the TJs actually call my ball when it coming to there side of posts, and then lines up wheter it on course.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
So wer have ths Clan and Chiefs teams for Friday's game, interesting to see Hunt at 15 and Nugget on bench.
Also Shaun Stevenson on bench is a slight surprise. Am very interested to see how Xavier Roe goes at this level, for our Aussie friends have a peek at this kid ,he seems another good No 9.

Chiefs: Damian McKenzie, Jonah Lowe, Sean Wainui, Anton Lienert-Brown, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Bryn Gatland, Brad Weber (cc); Luke Jacobson, Sam Cane (cc), Samipeni Finau, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Tupou Vaa’i, Sione Mafileo, Samisoni Taukei’aho, Reuben O’Neill. Reserves: Bradley Slater, Ollie Norris, Angus Ta’avao, Mitchell Brown, Mitchell Karpik, Xavier Roe, Alex Nankivell, Shaun Stevenson.

Highlanders: Mitchell Hunt, Connor Garden-Bachop, Ngantungane Punivai, Sio Tomkinson, Jona Nareki, Josh Ioane, Folau Fakatava; Marino Mikaele-Tu’u, Billy Harmon, Shannon Frizell, Jack Regan, Josh Dickson, Siate Tokolahi, Ash Dixon (cc), Daniel Lienert-Brown. Reserves: Liam Coltman, Josh Hohneck, Jeff Thwaites, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, Liam Squire, Aaron Smith (cc), Solomon Alaimalo, Hugh Renton.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
CruSadists: David Havili, Sevu Reece, Jack Goodhue, Dallas McLeod, Leicester Fainga’anuku, Richie Mo’unga, Mitchell Drummond, Cullen Grace, Tom Christie, Ethan Blackadder, Samuel Whitelock, Scott Barrett (c), Michael Ala'alatoa, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves: Brodie McAlister, George Bower, Fletcher Newell, Quinten Strange, Sione Havili Talitui, Bryn Hall, Fergus Burke, Will Jordan.

Horrorcanes: Jordie Barrett, Wes Goosen, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Ngani Laumape, Julian Savea, Jackson Garden-Bachop, Jonathan Taumateine, Ardie Savea (c), Du’Plessis Kirifi, Reed Prinsep, Isaia Walker-Leawere, James Blackwell, Tyrel Lomax, Asafo Aumua, Fraser Armstrong. Reserves: Ricky Riccitelli, Xavier Numia, Tevita Mafileo, Liam Mitchell, Devan Flanders, Luke Campbell, Billy Proctor, Salesi Rayasi.

CheeChee & everywhere other than Auckland comes out of L2 at 06:00 Sunday so there will be such crowd as NLP can muster. Hopefully it's a nice day to help with the walk-ups.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Man these Highlanders forwards aren't up to much, are they? At least the Hurricanes have Savea and Aumua to add a bit of menace to the pack.

EDIT: Yes, I am quite enjoying this very Crusaders like experience of being able to pass judgement on other teams packs, safe in the knowledge the Blues forwards have about 20 All Blacks on hand to prevent any application of egg to the face.