• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ODI World Cup 2019

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pakistan suddenly back in with a sniff: NZ tonight then Afghanistan & Bangladesh to finish. Also Sri Lanka who have SA, WI & India. Ringinland now probably need to beat both India & NZ.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Finally our bowler swung the ball at pace. Great effort from 'Dorf and Starc. The batting was tought early for Finch and Warner but they survived. Warner is still slowly getting into form but is hanging in there.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I've been wanting a dominant bowling performance to knock over England or India and our quicks duly delivered. Absolutely brilliant in that first 10 overs and across the innings really. I thought we might have been a bit short on runs but it didn't matter. I'm stoked.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
If England miss out on the finals in home Rugby AND Cricket World Cups, I mean....... could it get any better?

I still watch that Matt Giteau try against England and the sadness dripping from the home commentator's voice is frankly arousing. I have to be careful watching it at work.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Stayed up and watched the whole match. Outstanding bowling and fielding efforts from Oz. Starc's ball shown above in Bh's post would have to be one of the best balls bowled I've ever seen. Add Behrendorff's delightful inswinger to have the Poms 1-0 (in Oz-speak) and the well-taken outfield catches (what about the Maxwell/Finch combo to remove Woakes?, superb! And Uzzy's running outstretched grab half a metre from the boundary off Buttler?, magnificent!) to make a comprehensive victory. The momentum Australia are gathering with both bat and ball allied with deadly fielding must have the other teams concerned. Very concerned.

There're a few articles over on cricinfo about Australia's DNA come Cricket World Cups. Let's hope they don't put the mocker on us.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Good point Lindo, the talk of us winning the thing is very dangerous.

Before the tournament you'd suggest a semi-final appearance was about par, and we should be rightly satisfied we got to that point.

I'd hope to get a semi-final against New Zealand, who look a good outfit but maybe not quite what they were in 2015.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The "while you were partying, I studied the blade" is a fucking funny line.

286.jpg