• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Butcher Boys will be focused and can smell fresh meat, two victories away from another historic premiership. Go the blue white blue. Show the punters that it's the team that make the stars, not the stars that make the team.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
With all this talk about BBC rugby, it surprises me noone has mentioned the entertaining little darty halfback from BBC Max Dempsey. His passing mate I'll tell you, second to none! It's so exciting to see such a talent of his caliber and size makes it all the more ravishing . At the end of the day entertainment is what I love in rugby and that Max Dempsey sure does deliver!

And can tackle way above his weight !!!

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Would someone care to explain how Kyle Leofa, who is still yet to play a game this season earned QLD honours?? Yet another example of players picked on reputation rather than form. Captain or not from last years tournament, I find it rather strange.

Round 7 Tips
NC over IGS by 15
TSS over TGS by 25
GT over BSHS by 10
ACGS over BGS by 20

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not going to go into much detail with the tips this week since it's pretty clear cut who's going to come out on top.

ACGS by 17
GT by 31
NC by 15
TSS by 33

The people tipping IGS to win are only doing it so the competition becomes more interesting. And I don't blame them, I want the same thing.

redatheart

Frank Nicholson (4)
He's played all year for Nudgee and has had a pretty good year. His strength has always been his defence and regularly won the teams 'top tackler award last year. I noted during the Nudgee Terrace game I didn't see him as much as of him as usual and it's been the same as other rounds. I'd say it's more the fact that he's playing in a pack featuring Mafi, Rodwell and Jones, all of which are tackling machines so it is harder for him to stand out.

Aran is one of the white stripe brigade (#2176) (Number 4) so its hard to pick him. Generally, when somehow Nudgee get the ball or a penalty against the run of play, look for him (or another striped lad) to have set it up. I think he has scored a couple of tries this year in pick and drives. Good defence and good counter defence in the ruck. Team player.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Not going to go into much detail with the tips this week since it's pretty clear cut who's going to come out on top.

ACGS by 17
GT by 31
NC by 15
TSS by 33

The people tipping IGS to win are only doing it so the competition becomes more interesting. And I don't blame them, I want the same thing.

Completely agree. Theres no way people would be tipping IGS here if it didnt mean the competition gets blown open. Nudgee will steamroll over IGS and on to their 40th premiership. TSS/BBC and GT/ACGS will prove vital in deciding who gets second/third/fourth.

kickingtee

Allen Oxlade (6)
Now know the reason why Downlands are not in GPS comp.
Just witnessed one boy be punched in the back of the neck and the halfback be kicked in the face as he dived for a try. Disgraceful show of sportsmanship.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
17-0 to Churchie at BGS at halftime. Izaia Perese has scored 3 long range tries, 2 on the left wing, one straight through the middle on a kick return.

BGS to play with a strong wind in the second half, could be a close finish

Status
Not open for further replies.