• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

runitstraight

Frank Row (1)
As someone mentioned earlier , the winning mentality that Emtage and Gardner has instilled into Grammar will be one they will be looking to continue.

Replacing Greene will be a huge factor . Top 2 players in the comp this year , but with returning speedsters like Marsden and Laud and a couple other talented lads , could be in the top 4 for 2013.

TSS have got a hugely talented pack , I think they will pip NC to the top.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
As someone mentioned earlier , the winning mentality that Emtage and Gardner has instilled into Grammar will be one they will be looking to continue.

Replacing Greene will be a huge factor . Top 2 players in the comp this year , but with returning speedsters like Marsden and Laud and a couple other talented lads , could be in the top 4 for 2013.

TSS have got a hugely talented pack , I think they will pip NC to the top.

TSS are my pre-season favourites for 2013, especially if #10 Mitch Third returns next year:cool:

runitstraight

Frank Row (1)
TSS are my pre-season favourites for 2013, especially if #10 Mitch Third returns next year:cool:

If only Greene could stay around longer yet again. Probably my favourite schoolboy to watch in recent years , that kicking game of his and football IQ did him wonders. Will have to go out to Brothers to watch Tuttle and Greene tear up.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Some rules need to be made about repeating and bringing players into younger grades. We will not know the full extent of some teams like BGS, GT and ACGS who will bring in 4 or 5 new players

Johnny Blaze

Herbert Moran (7)
Is Jack Heenan definitely repeating? Also at number 6 apparently there is a player coming from state high (U15s)
Kyle Leofa from state high starts next term at terrace. Big loss, very aggressive and captained state high since 13A's. I believe made met east 15's in league and union but broke his ankle before the state champs. Would not look out place in firsts.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Will the draw be the same as the one this year or will it change?/when will it come out?

for each school First game this year = second game next year, second game this year = third game next year and so on. and swap home and away from this year

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
  1. TGS - A ridiculous amount of returning talent. Not too sure how their 16's went, but if I recall correctly the likes of Placid etc are hanging around. WILL MISS: Potgeiter? WATCH: Jonah Placid - thrilling with ball in hand.
  2. TSS - Have a team full of guys with 1st XV and rep experience. Should be an exciting team to watch, the Third-Fielia combo will be a tough one to match. WILL MISS: ? WATCH: Third, Fielia, Evans
  3. NC - Will miss Tuttle & James, but you can always count on Nudgee to hang around near the top. Strong age group, could exceed expectations. WILL MISS: Tuttle, Fitzgerald, Sikimeti. WATCH: James Tuttle
  4. BBC - If they're not hit by injuries again, BBC should be strong. Could even go a few places better. WILL MISS: Dyring? WATCH: Fakaosileia, Quick, Sala.
  5. BGS - The major question for BGS is who will replace Greene & Aiono? Plenty of returning talent in Laud, Marsden etc but will miss some key players. If they can find a replacement 10 they could go higher, only time will tell. WILL MISS: Greene, Greene, Greene, Greene, Greene, Greene, Aiono, Greene, Gilbert, Greene. WATCH: Laud, Marsden.
  6. IGS - A real unknown. Lose as much, if not more, than any other school. IGS always have a knack of hanging around, and at the moment I put them 6th because the 3 schools below don't look deserving of being higher. WILL MISS: Preen, Hayes, Pleash.
  7. BSHS - A strong 16's age group, but not many 11's contributed to a woeful 1st XV this year.
  8. GT - Just like last year, Terrace returns roughly 7 players. Major losses are obviously Dalgleish and Given, but losing French (height) and Mellor (lineout throwing, ball runner) will also be a major issue considering nobody below seems to fit their skill sets. No real options at flyhalf in the grade's below, except maybe for Alex Horan. Size in the backline will again be an issue, with small backs appearing to be the theme (Harvey, Jenkins). WILL MISS: Dalgleish, Given, Mellor, Heenan, French. WATCH: McNamee, Fowler, Wilson, Larosa.
  9. ACGS - How the mighty have fallen. 4 (?) players return, combined with a weak 16's age group equals a wooden spoon in the 101st year. WILL MISS: Ioane, Eason, Oppenheimer. WATCH: MacMillan, Schafer, Tanuvasa.

TSS will miss Benn Tarr and Dave Hannaway in the forwards and Vincent Cooney in the backs. Although there are very good players coming in both Tarr and Cooney had previous 1st XV experience and Hannaway was a standout at 8 in his 1st year of 1st's. All three had outstanding seasons.

L

lightdark.blue123

Predictions for 2013
1st: BGS
2nd: IGS
3rd: GT
4th: ACGS
5th: TGS
6th: BBC
7th: BSHS
8th: NC
9th: TSS

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
Predictions for 2013
1st: BGS
2nd: IGS
3rd: GT
4th: ACGS
5th: TGS
6th: BBC
7th: BSHS
8th: NC
9th: TSS

NC & TSS to finish last and second last! I think TSS may have won or shared premierships in 2nds 3rds 4ths and top 3 grades in the 16's. BGS must be bringing Sam Greene for another go. Obviously light dark blue has a real bias against Southport and Nudgee and forgets that without SG BGS would not have been in the hunt. The odds of them finishing last and second and Grammar winning would very long!

Scrummy

Bob McCowan (2)
Globetrotter: I reckon that some players there are pretty likely to not be in the team or moved around to other positions... Josh Evans has a lot of power and size but his lack of fitness puts him down dramatically. He may make the firsts next year but only if he gets a lot fitter. I agree that Papsworth may be moved to 2nd row but still I would prefer him at flanker. I also doubt that Paraka will make firsts. He is very courageous and has a good talent in tackling but for his size, he may not make it.... Unless as you say, he makes dramatic development like Pettowa. For scrum-half, I would definitely not put PJ there. I say that PJ may even go flanker next year for his incredible defence shown in the last couple years at TSS. I would put Josh Neal or Andrew McMahon at 9. The rest of the backs should be fine, except I would put Neal at fullback and Gibson somewhere else.

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
There is a lot of talk about players for next year - which is fair enough, but what about the influence of coaching on all this? Who has the right combination of coaching talent and tactics and the right players in the right positions?

Status
Not open for further replies.