• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
That is interesting. Why did you think that? I checked out the rules governing the competition here in QLD and apart from an age restriction (19 or turning 19) and being a student in a participating school I could find no reference to recruiting to year 12.

I thought the rule was you couldn't recruit players just in Year 12?

It's not a rule it's just stupid to bring a kid in for 1 year when you can bring them in for 2 or 3 so it is quite rare to hear of kids moving just in year 12. I would have my money on churchie have asking him to do year 11 again but would have turned it down

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
I heard a rumour that junior has allegedly been expelled for stealing from other students in the boarding house. Unconfirmed at this stage, guess we will know soon enough.

In some really tragic news the flood map released by the council looks to have the Terrace fields going under.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Just double checked the map and I've made a mistake, but it still looks like it will be pretty close - let's hope for everyone's sake the fields don't go under

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah I thought the same spik. Its the Brisbane Golf Course and Rocklea at this stage that is being tipped to flood. Council's flood mapping suggests Tennyson will be fine.

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
Its been confirmed that junior get expelled

Seeing how junior is in the youth Olympics 7's squad, does this mean he will not continue schooling in the GPS, because if i were a rugby director at a GPS school he would be one student on the top of my list to offer a scholarship.

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
Seeing how junior is in the youth Olympics 7's squad, does this mean he will not continue schooling in the GPS, because if i were a rugby director at a GPS school he would be one student on the top of my list to offer a scholarship.
I have heard from some St Peters kids that he is on a scholarship to St. Peters as they attempt to defend their AIC premiership

Jenkins9876

Herbert Moran (7)
My little brother is a senior at St Pats, he has confirmed that Junior started there today. Has some connections with a few other boys that Pats have brought in. Will nearly make them a contender just with his arrival!

mr pls

Allen Oxlade (6)
My little brother is a senior at St Pats, he has confirmed that Junior started there today. Has some connections with a few other boys that Pats have brought in. Will nearly make them a contender just with his arrival!
Is it peters or pats? wouldnt be suprised if peters they like importing a bit of colour hahaha

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
First week back at school fellas. Last year the impact of repeating students (one in particular) influenced the premiership.

So, who has repeated this year? Are there any other significant movements / gains apart from those already mentioned in the thread.

I have only heard that Nudgee have gained a rep player from the Southern Sydney / Illawarra area. Not sure of name.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
First week back at school fellas. Last year the impact of repeating students (one in particular) influenced the premiership.

So, who has repeated this year? Are there any other significant movements / gains apart from those already mentioned in the thread.

I have only heard that Nudgee have gained a rep player from the Southern Sydney / Illawarra area. Not sure of name.

another *sigh* grammar repeat ive heard. Lakehm

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
haha must be at least turning 20 this year. Any other news of repeating students? or confirmation of new students?
Haven't heard anything of Lakehm repeating from the BGS crowd, this is probably just extended bitterness over the overhyped Sam Greene factor of 2012 (Which, DarkShark, is nothing compared to the disgusting importing antics of schools like NC and TSS). Back to Lakehm, he was progressing well with the Broncos last I heard and best of luck to him. It seems his heart lies with League and now having graduated I'm hopeful he reaches his potential in the sport.

mr pls

Allen Oxlade (6)
My brother grade 9 student at Terrace told me today there's been a slight increase in the fob population at Terrace. Any news on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.