• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Gee wiz GT looked red hot today. 46-3 with 20 to go and Gibb decided to rest 4. Laxon 5. Sester 7. McNamee 10. Horan and 12. Larosa. TGS then put in 2 nice tries to end with 46-15. Player of the match hands down the GT 13 wow! He will have his hands on a few rep jerseys next year

Schoolboyruggers

Bob McCowan (2)
Can't see NC being challenged in the remaining rounds with matches against BSHS, GT, TGS and IGS.

Whereas down on confidence TSS will be pushed all the way by a determined ACGS at churchie next weekend.

Similarily to last season the it appears the climax will be in the last round when BBC and TSS will fight it out at Miskin to see who can most likely share a premiership

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Terrace seemed to have played themselves out of the spoon and their first winning 'streak' since 2010. 10 Horan had an excellent game, as did 5 Sester who'd have to be man of the match. 13 Te-Rupe also strong but you can't say any Terrace player didn't play well. May cause an upset or two to come, BBC v GT next week.

Monster

Peter Burge (5)
BBC HAD 16 PLAYERS ON

Darcy Swain replaced Lucas Palmer who was injured in the leadup to the last try.
Replacing injured players is allowed!
Great win by BBC when they realised they could win the forwards battle. 20 metre pick and drive try on FT setting up a Bowyer conversion to win.

Interesting to see Richie Asiati run on in second half of firsts after all the conversations about him recently. Thought he had minimum impact on the 2nds game which was easily won by BBC. Even though he made some good runs, Churchie not able to gain any advantage from them.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
tripod scream quote deleted

Tripod

Few things:

Churchie lost, Cheerio
Churchie lost, Cheerio

Get a new caps lock key.

The ref called time off for the conversion and the clock stopped, I was right in front of it. The clock should not have stopped. He then called time on and the clock restarted. If anything there shouldn't have even been a kick off at all, because he has 1.30 to take the kick and they scored the try with 1.20 to go.

Secondly the bbc player was injured and perhaps still coming off the field, it's the responsibility of the ref to call time off again and wait for him to get off the field. Clearly he wasn't involved.

Stop clutching at straws and accept the fact that

CHURCHIE LOST! Cheerio

Monster

Peter Burge (5)
Scream quote deleted
ie

Great spectacle it was Tripod but not sure Church were clearly the better team. `10/12/13 were great when they got front foot ball but Churchie forwards outplayed for last 45 minutes IMO. The last BBC try was a product of great forward control - 20 mtr pick and drive!
BBC only had 15 players on at the end as their #5 was being helped off behind play. If anything the ref shouldnt have allowed the restart until he was over the sideline!

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Chill out Tripod no need to carry on like that you lost fair and square - showing conduct like your players who repeatedly throw the ball away - second time when bowyer was to kick for conversion on the bell - should have been a penalty for appalling sportsmanship.

Havealook

Allen Oxlade (6)
There was an injured BBC player to the right of where the winning goal kick was taken. Those with access to the footage may be able to see if he was taken off on the eastern side. If so then it was 15 v 15.

If there were 16 players on the park, there are two possible laws of the game that could come into play here, the 16 player rule (law 3.2c) and the rule about the player only able to enter the field with the permission of the referee - law 3.11(c).

Law 3.2c "at any time before or during a match a team may make an objection to the referee about the number of players in their opponents’ team. As soon as the referee knows that a team has too many players, the referee must order the captain of that team to reduce the number appropriately. The score at the time of the objection remains unaltered.
Sanction: Penalty at the place where the match would restart".

Churchie didn't appear to make an objection to the referee at any stage during the match about numbers. The coaching staff on the sideline may have said something to the TJ, who is not the referee so technically they can't win on that one. If you don't agree with that interpretation and we take it to the next step, the first thing that the referee would try to do is count the players - almost impossible once the pitch had been invaded by students. Even if you went to the next step and awarded the penalty, the penalty would either have to be at the centre of the half way line or where the BBC player kicked the ball out to end the game, which was 40 metres out and about 5 metres in, neither being real penalty kickable places. Sorry but I can't get past step one here - nobody objected to the referee, and who is a "team" anyway? The players or the coaching staff on the sideline? so 3.2 doesn't apply IMO.

Law 3.11(c) bears more scrutiny though
"If a player rejoins or a replacement/substitute joins the match without the referee’s permission, and the referee believes the player did so to help that player’s team or obstruct the opposing team, the referee penalises the player for misconduct.
Sanction: A penalty kick is awarded at the place where play would restart".

I think that the player concerned definitely didn't have the permission of the referee to enter the field - after all he didn't know that the incident occurred. Because the referee didn't know that the incident had occurred, he wouldn't have an opinion about whether it was done deliberately to help his team. No belief on the part of the referee therefore no penalty kick by my interpretation of that rule.

Sorry very technical, but I don't think Churchie have a case. I also concur with the opinion of vegas that the kickoff took place after full time. I also concur with the view that it would have not been the way to end a great game of rugby. If the field had been cleared and we had a penalty (can a ref restart a game after full time has been blown?), and Churchie got it, then BBC would be putting some of the arguments forward that I have put above.

Basically get over it folks! It is only schoolboy rugby.

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
tripod scream quote deleted

Tripod - I think you may have got the message by now, but for fear of the blood having rushed to your head, I will answer you question why it wouldn't have been right -
1 - the player was on as a replacement for another who was injured in the lead up to the try
2 - the clock had actually wound down before the kick off, so it should never have happened in any event; and
3 - you do really need to move on and enjoy the game for the great spectacle it was !

Black Caviar

Stan Wickham (3)
Sorry mate but this is the team that just beat one of the competition favourites at there homeground by 28 points, the Nucifora, Mason, Tanuvasa, Perese combination will overwhelm the College defence, and the defense of the Churchie center pairing as well as Ogilvie will frustrate Bowen into pushing passes etc. like he has in the past. ACGS vs TSS will be the match of the season.

Take a seat mate

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
Coulda shoulda woulda... at East Brisbane today.

Refereeing aside there are two sides who really gave it to each other today. It was exciting to watch... not just because of the closeness of the score.

Churchie's centre pairing was dangerous every time they handled but as the game wore on seemed less likely to come up with the big plays.

Angus S-Y was 'out' according to some during the week and then ran on. There was not a great deal between the forwards early but by the end of the game BBC's pack was embarrassingly dominant. Tight head, very dirty ball from the Churchie scrum were the key elements in Churchie being in a position to lose.

For such a big guy I thought Harley Fox was a little quiet.

Unsure whether it was when Richie A came on midway thru the second half, but the Churchie scrum crumbled. Was it an injury or tactical substitution that saw Richie come on? Either way the complexion of the game changed about then.

With 10 to go BBC was pushing too hard to come up with the miracle play trailing by 5. To their credit they steadied and earned the final try.

There are days when you sit there and say the ref had a shocker. Today wasn't one of those days. The Churchie website says "Making of Men". Men accept that sometimes even when the ref is wrong ... he is still right. When the final whistle blows that is the end of the game.

Just for clarification: The clock showed 0.00 before the last kick-off. It stopped every time the referee blew time-off.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Tripod quote deleted for screaming with caps.

Mate do you ave any idea what a sook you sound like?Pull your head in.
But before you do that can you help me with some info?The Churchie scrum was getting smashed until half time when a new boy came on.Churchie Mum next to me said he has only been there 4 weeks.He can scrum.Tripod -who is he and where did he come from?
You got to feel sorry for the number 8 in the BBC 16A team.He arrived late for 1st term by 3 days because of flooding in Rivererina area where he lives ,So he cannot play in firsts -because as you know Tripod-rules are rules{sic}and every school plays by the rules.

Black Caviar

Stan Wickham (3)
Elaborate?

Yes, and these silly errors will be punished by a side like ACGS. TGS may have let them off the hook but the reality is that better teams won't allow such liberties and NC were good enough to shut down the BBC back line. Regardless of the closeness of the NC-BBC game, last week proved that the ACGS back line is a class above NC and the scoreline reflected that - silly errors will cost the match this time around

Based on reasonable logic you'd think ACGS will have BBC's measure. Most of us are smart enough to realise that GPS rugby works in strange and mysterious ways so whilst I understand what you are getting at I'd suggest your argument just lacks the structure to really make a point.

well now, dont you look silly^^

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
There was an injured BBC player to the right of where the winning goal kick was taken. Those with access to the footage may be able to see if he was taken off on the eastern side. If so then it was 15 v 15.

If there were 16 players on the park, there are two possible laws of the game that could come into play here, the 16 player rule (law 3.2c) and the rule about the player only able to enter the field with the permission of the referee - law 3.11(c).

Law 3.2c "at any time before or during a match a team may make an objection to the referee about the number of players in their opponents’ team. As soon as the referee knows that a team has too many players, the referee must order the captain of that team to reduce the number appropriately. The score at the time of the objection remains unaltered.
Sanction: Penalty at the place where the match would restart".

Churchie didn't appear to make an objection to the referee at any stage during the match about numbers. The coaching staff on the sideline may have said something to the TJ, who is not the referee so technically they can't win on that one. If you don't agree with that interpretation and we take it to the next step, the first thing that the referee would try to do is count the players - almost impossible once the pitch had been invaded by students. Even if you went to the next step and awarded the penalty, the penalty would either have to be at the centre of the half way line or where the BBC player kicked the ball out to end the game, which was 40 metres out and about 5 metres in, neither being real penalty kickable places. Sorry but I can't get past step one here - nobody objected to the referee, and who is a "team" anyway? The players or the coaching staff on the sideline? so 3.2 doesn't apply IMO.

Law 3.11(c) bears more scrutiny though
"If a player rejoins or a replacement/substitute joins the match without the referee’s permission, and the referee believes the player did so to help that player’s team or obstruct the opposing team, the referee penalises the player for misconduct.
Sanction: A penalty kick is awarded at the place where play would restart".

I think that the player concerned definitely didn't have the permission of the referee to enter the field - after all he didn't know that the incident occurred. Because the referee didn't know that the incident had occurred, he wouldn't have an opinion about whether it was done deliberately to help his team. No belief on the part of the referee therefore no penalty kick by my interpretation of that rule.

Sorry very technical, but I don't think Churchie have a case. I also concur with the opinion of vegas that the kickoff took place after full time. I also concur with the view that it would have not been the way to end a great game of rugby. If the field had been cleared and we had a penalty (can a ref restart a game after full time has been blown?), and Churchie got it, then BBC would be putting some of the arguments forward that I have put above.

Basically get over it folks! It is only schoolboy rugby.

Holy shit .This is schoolboy rugby and BBC scored 5 tries to 4-lost 5 of their own lineouts and failed to find touch 3x from penalties-Churchie stayed in the match because of BBC errors .

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Too many missed tackles by both teams at Churchie today.

BBC 1,4,8,9 & 12 Solid games Actually I thought Fox played well for ACGS today especially in first half - some great all round kicking by both teams.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
30-26 to Nudgee, what a fantastic game. Nudgee tired very quickly towards the end, 12 was yellow carded in the 63rd minute and it completely opened up Nudgee out wide. Magnay dropped off 3 tackles resulting in 2 tries for TSS.

TSS were storming home, what a great game

Who were the outstanding players today and are there

any injuries. TSS are mortal after all :D

Try scorers for TSS and NC.

Nudgee finally awake from their winter snooze. :)

Next week Round 5 Aug 17: ACGS v TSS, GT v BBC, BSHS v NC, BGS v IGS

redatheart

Frank Nicholson (4)
On the subject of 'bad refereeing'. I am not a Ref. Its a free country and people are allowed criticism. I have fumed myself over decisions over time, but fundamentally the ones with the whistle are rugby loving people who want to get out there, they are human, AND THEY WILL MAKE MISTAKES. I do not take any whinging about a referee in any way seriously unless they preface it with how many games of rugby they have refereed themselves. If you dont like the standard of refing, then do the course and get out there and try to improve it. Otherwise, have your vent and then move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.