• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Brothers today actually played very well in patches, they were physical and upfront. Just continual mistakes cost the team. Should be interesting next week. I just hope we don't get bowled out of the finals by a big margin, because the side has performed incredible well for the majority of the season.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Vuki from Norths has scored 25 tries compared to 14 to the nearest highest try scorer, that is a serious achievment considering that his side is second last. Surely the Australian 7's set up are looking at him. Scored 5 today. And by the way equal top try scorer last year.

T

Tigers Tale

Vuki from Norths has scored 25 tries compared to 14 to the nearest highest try scorer, that is a serious achievment considering that his side is second last. Surely the Australian 7's set up are looking at him. Scored 5 today. And by the way equal top try scorer last year.
Great effort by Vuki to be the leading try scorer in a team that finished in the bottom half of teams likewise Sam Greene(Weste) being the leading point scorer. Will be interesting to see where their careers go from here. Vuki would also have to be the most unassuming players in the comp.

Any finals predictions? I think it fair to say that Brothers will be the team finishing up next Sunday so both GPS & Easts will be wanting that direct entry so as to avoid the Red Heavies in the prelim.

Come on Easts.

Tigers Tale

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
University have beaten GPS in the last two weeks? And are sporting a bit more fire power than they did the last time they met Easts
Easts or GPS are already in the final. Uni still have to get past Brothers just for the right to play off for the final spot. Big advantage GPS and Easts I would say.
Also if by firepower you mean reds players, Uni had a pretty strong team list last time they played easts. With Rocket and Jono owen out you argue that it will be weaker heading into the finals.
In saying that I am pretty sure Uni didn't lose a game in round 2 so will be hard to beat

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think GPS v Uni in the final. Think GPS will be too strong for Easts this week, in a close game, and Uni to dispose of a Brothers team that have been stripped of a lot of players. Uni to achieve their first win over Easts this season the following week and make the GF.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
The way Uni beat GPS a few weeks ago was very clinical and some of the best backs play i've seen from any team this season, they will be very hard to beat especially in a Grand Final should they make it.

Hopefully GPS can keep playing well though and will be welcoming back Hegarty and Kerevi this weekend which should make things a little easier but Easts have been very good too lately.

Its been a long fall for Brothers after sitting 1st a few weeks ago and tumbling down the ladder. I will be very surprised if they can beat Uni this weekend.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
University are the form team and outside of GPS have the most impressive line up. They would be near favourites to win. even looking at how much their line up has changed in recent weeks makes me think twice about tipping easts.

Uni's line up vs easts last time
http://myrugby.rugby.com.au/myrugby...l/game.asp?game=466760&comp=9325&orgid=020000

line up vs brothers from the weekend.
http://myrugby.rugby.com.au/myrugby...l/game.asp?game=466785&comp=9325&orgid=020000

I know which one i would prefer...

T

Tigers Tale

University are the form team and outside of GPS have the most impressive line up. They would be near favourites to win. even looking at how much their line up has changed in recent weeks makes me think twice about tipping easts.

Uni's line up vs easts last time
http://myrugby.rugby.com.au/myrugby...l/game.asp?game=466760&comp=9325&orgid=020000

line up vs brothers from the weekend.
http://myrugby.rugby.com.au/myrugby...l/game.asp?game=466785&comp=9325&orgid=020000

I know which one i would prefer.

According to Jets and yourself - should they do away with the semis and just award the Hospital Cup to Uni now? I think there's more pride in GPS, Easts and Brothers than to just lie down and let the cashed up Students have it all there own way. Don't start on Easts recruitment processes unless you can explain to me why Adam Preicone (??) and Herman Porter ended up at Uni after they played in Easts 2008 premiership.

T

Tigers Tale

According to Jets and yourself - should they do away with the semis and just award the Hospital Cup to Uni now? I think there's more pride in GPS, Easts and Brothers than to just lie down and let the cashed up Students have it all there own way. Don't start on Easts recruitment processes unless you can explain to me why Adam Preicone (??) and Herman Porter ended up at Uni after they played in Easts 2008 premiership.

Further Jets - how did Jordan Tuapou end up at Sunnybank this year?

He was money well spent - he did nothing the day Easts played the Bank at Bottomley.

What players are on the bank's shopping list this off season?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I didn't say Uni would win. Just thought they'd make the GF. If you go back through my other predictions on the thread I think you'll find I get most of them wrong so Easts will probably take out the comp.

As for Jordan he came to Sunnybank because he wants to play 7's and Easts don't cater for that.

Just because you change your name doesn't mean you can keep on Chirping.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Anyone heard anything about Logan joining Premier Rugby next year?

I heard that another club is struggling with the books & might not be in the comp next year.

We've all speculated that if someone was to leave that Logan would step up.
Would be shame to see { _______ } leave but the Saints in Premier Rugby would be awesome.

ClubStalwart

Peter Burge (5)
Hahaha. Jets very humourous, clearly the same guy with another log in name. My prediction or who i hope to win is GPS. Just as long as it is not Easts or Uni. I think Brother's have already booked a venue for this coming Monday.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)

I heard that another club is struggling with the books & might not be in the comp next year.

Would be shame to see { _______ } leave but the Saints in Premier Rugby would be awesome.
Care to elaborate?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member

Not sure Logan are in a great position to make the step up. It would be in place of a coast team, you would think, but they add great value to the comp in my eyes.
Logan have a great facility and I could see some interest from the council to justify the spend they have made.
If another Club was to enter then they would need to field more teams across colts and the grades too.
It will be interesting to see what develops.

Passive Observer

Bob McCowan (2)
Granted Brothers have not been at their best the last few weeks & they have certainly lost some quality players but I still have faith in them. They showed a big improvement on the weekend however their game was spoilt by some drop ball & Uni getting on the outside to score a couple of good tries. There's still too many good players in the squad & too much character to right them off yet. Go "the filth"! Congratulations to the Colts side & the coaching staff on their Minor Premiership. Great to see players from Colts 1 stepping up to take the place of injured players & those not available & still getting a win as has been the case all year. All the best for the finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.