• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClubStalwart

Peter Burge (5)
The referring didn't get any better at the Wests Vs Gold Coast game. He was atrocious. But nevertheless Wests got away with the win. But there was some horrible decisions that mimicked Alam Dar type officiating. The game was very open, defense was pretty bad from both teams. Sam Greene scored another try and few conversions to most likely keep him at number 1 for total points this year. I heard Sunnybank trounced Norths? Any other results?

an observer

Herbert Moran (7)
Where does it say Simmons and gill are? I knew of Holmes, tapuai and Lucas were

Was great to see them in the side contributing to a 75 to 17 win for the bankers. Was a much more disciplined side than what we watched a few weeks ago. Meehan and Junior also had impressive games as did McIntyre who slotted 10 from 11, nailed a try and set up others.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Great win by GPS yesterday against the filth 48-7. Coming into finals its really looking like a classy backline on the field with Hegarty playing yesterday and apparently Rokobaro coming from the Rebels as well next week.

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
I can't remember brothers copping a regular season hiding like that for a long time. Can anyone else? Was GPS that good or did brothers just not turn up?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I can't remember brothers copping a regular season hiding like that for a long time. Can anyone else? Was GPS that good or did brothers just not turn up?

Brothers were missing their captain Dave Campbell.

I know 1 player doesn't make a team.. But I'm sure he would of helped.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Anae is in NZ playing for BOP in the ITM Cup. Schatz has a bad ankle so isn't paying at the moment.

That's interesing isn't Anae contracted to play for the REDS next year?

You'd think he'd be asked to play in the QLD comp. I wonder what kind of exceptions checklist they need to tick to play in foreign #3rdtier comps.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Brothers were missing a lot more players than just Dave Campbell. Brothers just couldn't catch a ball, Jeeps were obviously the better team yesterday. I still think Brothers will put up a challenge in the finals though!

Xavier jenkins

Frank Nicholson (4)
Are brothers carrying a lot of injuries? Seems like they can't field a full strength team in reserves and prems the last few weeks? A lot of colts in the line up and reserve players. Running out of puff filthrugby?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
That's interesing isn't Anae contracted to play for the REDS next year?

You'd think he'd be asked to play in the QLD comp. I wonder what kind of exceptions checklist they need to tick to play in foreign #3rdtier comps.
From my understanding the ARU sorted out the contract. PAE is playing for Waikato too. They might think ITM Cup is a better place for front rowers to develop.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Are brothers carrying a lot of injuries? Seems like they can't field a full strength team in reserves and prems the last few weeks? A lot of colts in the line up and reserve players. Running out of puff filthrugby?

I effing hope not mate, I effing hope not, it would a massive disappointment if Brothers fold like a cheap deck chair when finals come. It would be unfair on the players and coaches if 2012 does repeat. However, I'm still confident that if players come back like Campbell, Dixon and Bond, Brothers are in with a real bloody chance.

Passive Observer

Bob McCowan (2)
There were no Colts playing outside of their own grade against GPS. Once again they showed they are worthy of their top position. They did drop a lot of ball which was uncharacteristic but their structure & game plan remains good. Prem Grade on the other hand have a bit of soul searching to do which will be helped by the return of the players mentioned by "filth rugby".

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Does anyone know if the policy at the Brumbies is still that players must play at an ACT club? Would be great to have JP & Ruan Smith back in the fold for the finals.

The team GPS fielded on the weekend was probably the strongest they have all year (minus Samo and Faingaas) so its good to see exactly what they are capable of, but as mentioned Brothers had players out so i'm assuming a much closer affair in the first round of finals.

The Oldest Rat

Peter Burge (5)
Wests V Gold Coast match was as expected with Wests winning by a fair margin. Bit of a sloppy match though as Wests were on top very early but went to sleep in some parts of the match that let the GC back in for some tries.

Sam Green had his best game by far for Wests, this was brought about by Wests forwards dominating the play and Green recieved front foot ball thoughout the match. But to give credit where its due he used that good ball to Wests advantage and put on a polished display. Still thought that Nigel Genias performance at HB was patchy, he does most everything that you could ask but seems to leave you with a thought that maybe he could do better. The backline performed really well for Wests and Gillespie again was dominant.

Special mention of the Wests second row these boys are in most occassions much smaller than all the other second rowers in the comp but what they lack in size they make up for with heart, perfect example on the weekend, dominating the GC second rowers.

D

Don't be chirpin

Great to see the banks attempt to buy the premiership has failed again this year. They've been useless all season and yeah they finally turned it around on the weekend but only once they brought most of their salaried reds players into the team. Tough luck boys. Thats a fair bit of money down the drain to not even make finals. See ya next year :D

Up the tiges

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
That's quite an inflammatory post there Don't be chirpin, especially since they can (mathematically at least) still make the finals while Easts can still miss out if results go against them.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Don't be chirpin, I wouldn't be saying anything until the Fat Lady sings in the final round. Some people bagged Sunnybank last year and they made the final.

It'd be cruel if Easts missed out of the finals this year.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Great to see the banks attempt to buy the premiership has failed again this year. They've been useless all season and yeah they finally turned it around on the weekend but only once they brought most of their salaried reds players into the team. Tough luck boys. Thats a fair bit of money down the drain to not even make finals. See ya next year :D

Up the tiges
Posters like you are the reason Easts are hated on these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.