• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironingman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Haven't had much to do with Quirk or Wilkin but Carroll seems like a very good bloke and from what I know of the other two they seem likewise.

Happy to have the pathway from the Mudcrabs to the Tigers. In fact did Nigel Holt make that same transition.
Judy Holt Park at Birkdale, home of the Mudcrabs, is named after Shredders Mum. Lovely lady and great supporter of the game. Nigel donated one of his Wallaby jerseys to the club and it hangs proudly.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Ironingman, I hope your boys turn from muddies to filth by heading over to play colts at Brothers when they're 18.

T

Tigers Tale

Maybe Filth but if they win that will make Bros & Souths very nervous.

Despite the injury toll that Easts have at present - Kimmince, Paraka, White, etc I think they will give a good account of themselves tomorrow against a Souths side which is performing well.

I think Michael Broad has done a great job in bringing the Magpies on over the last 2/3 seasons without the assistance of any major name players for any extended period of time.

I think it will be a cracker at Chipsy Wood tomorrow, get there early to get a park!!

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
Brothers 43 d Bond Uni 17
Easts 29 d Souths 14
Norths 26 d Wests 25
Sunnybank 17 d Uni 0

Hang on to yer hats, here come the Tigers!

Well done to the Sunnybank boys, can't wait to hear THAT match report.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Brothers 43 d Bond Uni 17
Easts 29 d Souths 14
Norths 26 d Wests 25
Sunnybank 17 d Uni 0

Hang on to yer hats, here come the Tigers!

Well done to the Sunnybank boys, can't wait to hear THAT match report.
Thanks Pauly. Go the "Tigers".
Surprised at some of the other results!!!

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
Sunnybank match report.
Boom!
Should have been 20 points more.
The zero result is impressive with 3 x 5m line outs defended and a number of 22m incursions.
Hope the boys keep it real and below the radar.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The Sunnybank v Uni game was an enjoyable one to watch yesterday, at least the bits I managed to see. The dragons forwards muscled up and took it to the strong Uni pack. This allowed the back line to attack and Rex Tapuai was outstanding. I've watched him for the last 3-4 years on and off and this would be close to his best game, e ran with purpose and was strong in contact.

It was a very evenly matched game though with the score being 0-0 for most of the first half and 7-0 for most of the second. He bankers managed to score their final 10 points after JJ was binned for what I think was deliberately slowing the ball at the ruck, was a bit away from where I was.

Apparently it was the first win by Sunnybank over Uni in 5 seasons so it was good for the boys to get a good result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

Tigers Tale

Well the Tiggers are back to their winning ways, thoughts of the game TT or T-12?

Filth it was a willing encounter but Easts deserved the win. 14-12 to Souths was an indication of the close faught first half but Easts shut them down in the 2nd half and were worthy winners. Seuteni(double) and Mullins were outstanding with Mullins contributions in defence and attack a real highlight. Mullins is a fine all round footballer in the Ben Lucas mould and deserves a shot at the NRC.

Wilkin on debut was not overawed and didn't shirk the hard work - he really stood up In the second half.

The game finished on a sour note with Fattal and a Souths forward being yellow carded in the 79th minute.

The win came at a cost with Manasa, Enever, Ready & Gunn all sustaining injuries.

T

Tigers Tale

T-12 I'd say that the Ironingman might have a good read on what Mitch Felsman's movements might be.

He would be a handy mid-season addition for the Filth.

Ironingman

Allen Oxlade (6)
T-12 I'd say that the Ironingman might have a good read on what Mitch Felsman's movements might be.

He would be a handy mid-season addition for the Filth.

He would be handy TT, I have not been down at the club since the Uni game so I was not aware he was back in town.

T

Tigers Tale

SX & TD I'm looking forward to seeing the Bulldogs at Tigerland this Saturday.

I see that your Reggies had a big win over a fancied Norths side, your Prem Colts knocked off the underperforming Easts Colts the last time they met and I am sure that your Prems side will be in bounce back form this weekend.

There was only one point in the Prems match at Sylvan Rd earlier this year so the Tigers shouldn't underestimate your mob.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Not a bad looking photo...

Attachments

• IMG_1396.JPG
    IMG_1396.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 296
Status
Not open for further replies.