• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 12 2018 NSFW Waratahs vs Auckland Blues. 36 and 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Bitch. The hell was wrong with that tackle? The only thing that was in danger was his hairstyle getting ruffled.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tears of Phil Kearns, Joyful or otherwise, must be welling up elsewhere & thank fuck for that as there's no yellow button alt commentary tonight.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bloos 7 gone here. Lucky it's not a PT given its foul play so strictly speakers Jaco is supposed to assume he's not there. Doesn't matter, 'tahs score anyway.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I can only guess he was trying to eliminate any chance of an offload and got it wrong. Papali'i can hit quite hard so should've just aimed for the knees. Likely would've put him into touch before he could get the ball away or otherwise disrupted his pass.

How tf was that not a penalty try

IIRC it's something of a grey area. If you reason that the illegal action was replaced with a legal action -- a high tackle with a legal tackle, in this instance -- then it's not a penalty try as Peyper reasoned. If, OTOH, you reason that the player is removed entirely then it's a penalty try as there was no cover defence to get there in time. Peyper ruled the former (which I prefer) but some rule the latter.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gees you can really see why Will Miller despite not being a classical 6 - classical 7 yes - but how can you not play him - and hence being our 6 - the old pooper dilemma at Wallabies level.

Really glad we got him back from the Rebels....

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
How tf was that not a penalty try

If I had my way, that would be a penalty try (illegal tackle when about to score) but not a yellow card.

The dude tackled his shoulder and it raised up to his head. A penalty sure but far too soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.