• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Damn straight. I've been there, my friend. Hard core.

Unless you have played a game of social rugby then been vomitously drunk at the after match party, like I have, you have no right to comment.

:D

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to deride his career. More that his style wasn't as conducive with Super Rugby as it was with the NH style of the game. I actually think he would have had a much more successful career in Europe than he did in Super Rugby.

Reactions: daz

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm sorry I wasn't trying to deride his career. More that his style wasn't as conducive with Super Rugby as it was with the NH style of the game. I actually think he would have had a much more successful career in Europe than he did in Super Rugby.

I think we should have put him to work as a blind winger. He had a good motor, good contact skills, and was tough.

Seriously, get a big body like his running wing cuts off the set-piece and chasing kicks like a madman and he'd of blossomed. Blokes have made careers out of it. Even Bryan Habana did it for 2 years when he was out of form.

I suppose you could call this a "NH style of game" though, but plenty of blokes do it in these parts too (even Cummins).

Reactions: daz

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I think we should have put him to work as a blind winger. He had a good motor, good contact skills, and was tough.

Seriously, get a big body like his running wing cuts off the set-piece and chasing kicks like a madman and he'd of blossomed. Blokes have made careers out of it. Even Bryan Habana did it for 2 years when he was out of form.

I suppose you could call this a "NH style of game" though, but plenty of blokes do it in these parts too (even Cummins).

He was more a NH style of centre. Most NH centres are traditional hard running, line benders. They still are when you consider the likes of Tuilagi, Roberts, Davies etc. There job is to gain ground over the advantage line and redirect the attack. At the I think Sidey is effective.

However, in SH Rugby with the exception of a few, centres are viewed more as secondary facilitators as well as the traditional line bender role. One of the few NH equivalents is Brian O'Driscoll.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
He was more a NH style of centre. Most NH centres are traditional hard running, line benders. They still are when you consider the likes of Tuilagi, Roberts, Davies etc. There job is to gain ground over the advantage line and redirect the attack. At the I think Sidey is effective.

However, in SH Rugby with the exception of a few, centres are viewed more as secondary facilitators as well as the traditional line bender role. One of the few NH equivalents is Brian O'Driscoll.

On the Secondary Facilitator role, Both Edinburgh and Glasgow are regularly playing "creative" centers. Edinburgh has the 23 year old Matt Scott (10/12), with 15 Scottish caps to his name, and Glasgow has 20 year old Mark Bennett (12/13) who has 21 U20 caps to his name, despite having a shocking run with injury.

I'm sure other teams supporters would be able to tell you more about any other creative centers.

Of course, with Dunbar, Lamont & Murchie all regularly playing 12 or 13, I can't say you're wrong in general :p

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Tweet from JOC (James O'Connor)'s Girlfriend this evening.
Bridget Bauman@Bids101
27m
@MelbourneRebels the biggest tight asses. #tip no one join the @MelbourneRebels

It's funny that they're still dwelling on this. It's really not the issue at hand.

Her feelings aren't created in a vacuum, no doubt she's reflecting JOC (James O'Connor)'s feeling to some extent. So you'd have to ask, why this now?

Unless of course something drummed up the feelings, but that's just idle gossip.

D

daz

It's funny that they're still dwelling on this. It's really not the issue at hand.

Her feelings aren't created in a vacuum, no doubt she's reflecting JOC (James O'Connor)'s feeling to some extent. So you'd have to ask, why this now?

Unless of course something drummed up the feelings, but that's just idle gossip.

I had a look at her profile pic. I think she is 90% synthetic.

Do not tumble dry.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)

Well I'd say 'tight asses' is relevant in this instance, maybe JOC (James O'Connor) is still owed some salary?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2013–14_Super_Rugby_transfers#Rebels

The reference article it came from looks legit, however it also said SBW was off to the Chiefs. So maybe hold off until the Rebels make the announcement.
And it says "rumour has it that the talented Ihaia West" has signed for the Rebels, and then lists some reasons why it might be so.

http://www.getrealrugby.com/super-rugby-2014-transfer-market-sbw-chiefs-ihaia-west-rebels/

Tantalising but not quite yet confirmed.

Jimmy C

Allen Oxlade (6)
And it says "rumour has it that the talented Ihaia West" has signed for the Rebels, and then lists some reasons why it might be so.

Tantalising but not quite yet confirmed.

Missed the 'rumour' part, thanks kiap. Ill put that one down to 'selective reading'. And yes, very tantalising indeed. His try in the Hawke's Bay vs Wellington video on the website was particularly good.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
quite possible that JOC (James O'Connor) is still owed some third party or ARU top up funds.

Blues Recovery are you out there ? and while you are at it, whats the deal with Sitauti ?

Status
Not open for further replies.