• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I can confirm he is.

Will be looking to return to Melbourne once the contract is up to live on a perm basis. There isn't any specific contract with the Rebels on return but wants to stay in the game

Is he looking to stay in the game as a player, or as a coach?

IMO, he could easily do either. Having him as a lower tier coach who does L/O and gets involved with the Rising would be excellent.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Is he looking to stay in the game as a player, or as a coach?

IMO, he could easily do either. Having him as a lower tier coach who does L/O and gets involved with the Rising would be excellent.
I'm not 100% sure, i'd say alot more likely on a coaching basis than playing, but never rule anything out. At the moment he's focusing on the Japanese season and will look at any opportunities in the coming months.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I'm not 100% sure, i'd say alot more likely on a coaching basis than playing, but never rule anything out. At the moment he's focusing on the Japanese season and will look at any opportunities in the coming months.
He assisted coaching the Rebels in their game against the Force during the June test window. Maybe seeing what it was like on the other end.

LMU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Geoff Parling off to Japan for 2019.

Geoff would be a great influence around the team in any capacity. Do you mean Japan 2018 season, the one that is starting in a month, finish in Dec? As with World Cup in Japan, there is no Japan Top League in 2019, but there is 2 seasons crammed into 2020. So he could be back in 2019 Super or 2021 Super seasons?

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Do we really need another prop??

Already have,

Jermaine Ainsley
Ben Daley
Pone Fa’amausili
Tetera Faulkner
Fereti Sa'aga
Sam Talakai
Laurie Weeks

Rather use salary cap to bolster the backs

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
Do we really need another prop??

Already have,

Jermaine Ainsley
Ben Daley
Pone Fa’amausili
Tetera Faulkner
Fereti Sa'aga
Sam Talakai
Laurie Weeks

Rather use salary cap to bolster the backs

It’s reported than one player will head to QLD in return, I've heard it’s Ben Daley but I could very well be wrong. Mees Erasmus is another prop who was added to the Rebels squad for next season.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
It's probably not in the Rebels best interest to be associated with that sort of character...

He's only a young chap, who hasn't been charges (as far as I can see). We all make mistakes when we're young, you should see some of my haircuts!

It'll be very harsh if he is let go

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He's only a young chap, who hasn't been charges (as far as I can see). We all make mistakes when we're young, you should see some of my haircuts!

It'll be very harsh if he is let go

You can't equate a coward punch with a bad haircut though.........

But yes, he hasn't been charged yet............. if he is though I'd say he's screwed (and rightfully so), particularly in light of the Rebels recent cultural issues, and the media spotlight (particularly in Victoria) on coward punches both on and off the footy field.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
You can't equate a coward punch with a bad haircut though...

But yes, he hasn't been charged yet..... if he is though I'd say he's screwed (and rightfully so), particularly in light of the Rebels recent cultural issues, and the media spotlight (particularly in Victoria) on coward punches both on and off the footy field.

Equally, innocent until proven guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.