• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
You can't equate a coward punch with a bad haircut though...

But yes, he hasn't been charged yet..... if he is though I'd say he's screwed (and rightfully so), particularly in light of the Rebels recent cultural issues, and the media spotlight (particularly in Victoria) on coward punches both on and off the footy field.

Quote me if i am wrong but i believe he didn't throw a punch? Wasn't it Paisami that was alleged to have done so.

Shocking no matter who did it, but lets also not jump the gun and allude someone is guilty when they are not

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Do we really need another prop??

Already have,

Jermaine Ainsley
Ben Daley
Pone Fa’amausili
Tetera Faulkner
Fereti Sa'aga
Sam Talakai
Laurie Weeks

Rather use salary cap to bolster the backs

Our scrum was poo all season. Not beating around the bush, but we genuinely had one of the worst scrums in the comp. Ainsley and Faulkner were disappointing to say the least. Daley can't stay fit, Sa'aga is very raw, Weeks was injured the whole season and big Sam was solid.

Slipper is a class above all these guys.

As for backs we have plenty, with 2 of the best young players in the country waiting in the wings. 5/8 is an issue but so unless it's spent in this spot id want it spent in the front row

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Quote me if i am wrong but i believe he didn't throw a punch? Wasn't it Paisami that was alleged to have done so.

Shocking no matter who did it, but lets also not jump the gun and allude someone is guilty when they are not

Correct. Based on all my trawling of the FB post (not deleted), Hunter threw the punch. Witnesses there at the incident back that position.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Our scrum was poo all season. Not beating around the bush, but we genuinely had one of the worst scrums in the comp. Ainsley and Faulkner were disappointing to say the least. Daley can't stay fit, Sa'aga is very raw, Weeks was injured the whole season and big Sam was solid.

Slipper is a class above all these guys.

As for backs we have plenty, with 2 of the best young players in the country waiting in the wings. 5/8 is an issue but so unless it's spent in this spot id want it spent in the front row
To'omua is a pretty good option at 10 i'd say.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah Slipper would be an improvement over any prop at the Rebels..be silly not to grab him

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
1. Slipper
2. Uelese
3. Talakai
4. Coleman
5. Phillips

Is a very good Starting T5

16. Rangi
17. Faulkner / Saaga
18. Ainsley
19. Jeffries

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Chapel Street might be the last place one would find culture...

You're right, you wouldn't see that sort of hullabaloo at Mooseheads or other equally fine Canberian establishments. ;)

It's probably not in the Rebels best interest to be associated with that sort of character...
The generally accepted story is Pone was involved the in general ruckus when the punch was thrown, but threw no actual punches himself. That's why he hasn't been charged and if you follow the comments from the facebook thread that brought this to light, the original poster essentially admitted he didn't do a thing.

Bad look for the bloke to be around that mess (and he's not guiltless, I do believe there was some posturing), but it would be harsh for the Rebels to draw the line there. So maybe they will, maybe they won't.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
As an aside, Slipper as a signing to replace Daley, Weekes, and potentially Pone is a pretty excellent one.

You wouldn't expect to see his best form again, but some I'd expect him to be an improved player on his more recent showings and you just don't easily find front row experience like what he's got.

Plays both sides too, which is handy if your depth is tested by injury (which even nowadays it occasionally is).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You're right, you wouldn't see that sort of hullabaloo at Mooseheads or other equally fine Canberian establishments. ;)

I was back in Canberra last weekend, and I’ve gotta say......... Braddon is looking a lot more appealing than south of the Yarra. :p

dru

Tim Horan (67)
As an aside, Slipper as a signing to replace Daley, Weekes, and potentially Pone is a pretty excellent one.

You wouldn't expect to see his best form again, but some I'd expect him to be an improved player on his more recent showings and you just don't easily find front row experience like what he's got.

Plays both sides too, which is handy if your depth is tested by injury (which even nowadays it occasionally is).

Why wouldn’t you expect James to improve? Plenty of experience for a prop already, but don’t props only start to mature (generalisation) in their 30s? He has a former playing relationship with Talakai. Seems all on the up side to me.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Agreed and I think the forced time off has probably been good for his ailing body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You would think he has limited mileage left. Didn't he have some sort of chronic disk problem? Doesn't sound ideal from a front rower.

Status
Not open for further replies.