• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I believe he probably wouldn't improve anymore as well (his body, he's missed a hell of a lot of rugby, etc.) but doesn't mean he couldn't get back to or near the level he once was, which to me is considerably better than any of the roster. The positives definitely outweigh the negatives in a proposed move

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Slipper probably won't hit career best form because he's turning 30 and has suffered a number of injuries.

The simple fact is this doesn't happen for athletes except in extremely rare circumstances. They do occasionally develop other less athleticism dependant parts of their games.

Yes there's the old adage props take longer to mature, but I can't think of any examples of props who've actually gotten better after 30.

As I've said in my original post, I still think he'll be good and a good signing, he just won't reach his career best.

OneOrThree

Herbert Moran (7)
I think it is a potentially positive move but some caveats. Firstly, what is his mental state like? I am not au fait with why he went “skiing”, but if he is adamant that a move out of QLD will be good for him, then you have to trust him on that point. Secondly, what affect, long-term, does cocaine have on someone playing at Super Rugby level because I don’t know? Is it minimal?

I think as a player, he could fill a beneficial role of coming on in the 2nd half and providing tight-five leadership. He was a Wallaby captain once as well as also captaining the Reds too. That experience, regardless of his poor decision-making outside of the game, is invaluable.

I do think that he also might benefit from having a mentor, someone with “life experience” perhaps. Maybe every player having a mentor that they meet with regularly would help the club long-term, given they are currently about to commence or in the middle of a culture review. Or is this a program or something similar currently in place?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think it is a potentially positive move but some caveats. Firstly, what is his mental state like? I am not au fait with why he went “skiing”, but if he is adamant that a move out of QLD will be good for him, then you have to trust him on that point. Secondly, what affect, long-term, does cocaine have on someone playing at Super Rugby level because I don’t know? Is it minimal?

I think as a player, he could fill a beneficial role of coming on in the 2nd half and providing tight-five leadership. He was a Wallaby captain once as well as also captaining the Reds too. That experience, regardless of his poor decision-making outside of the game, is invaluable.

I do think that he also might benefit from having a mentor, someone with “life experience” perhaps. Maybe every player having a mentor that they meet with regularly would help the club long-term, given they are currently about to commence or in the middle of a culture review. Or is this a program or something similar currently in place?
You think he wouldnt start, even after 2 months off Slipper start today and twice on sundays on either side of your scrum..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Tom Moloney playing for the Panasonic Wild Knights against the Force on Friday, in a sort of trial.

Also hearing Goddard likely to spend some time with the Aussie 7s on a loan type arrangement next year, and Sione Tuipulotu may not be retained...

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Tom Moloney playing for the Panasonic Wild Knights against the Force on Friday, in a sort of trial.

Also hearing Goddard likely to spend some time with the Aussie 7s on a loan type arrangement next year, and Sione Tuipulotu may not be retained.

Interesting about Sione Tuipulotu. Seemed like he was destined for greatness in 2017, but didn't get a look in at all this year. Shame to see a home grown Vic player leave.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Interesting about Sione Tuipulotu. Seemed like he was destined for greatness in 2017, but didn't get a look in at all this year. Shame to see a home grown Vic player leave.

That'd be a shame, he is an exceptional talent. With McGregor gone and if true Tuipulotu that's 2 of the best young talents in Australia gone in a year. Such a waste

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)

Also hearing Goddard likely to spend some time with the Aussie 7s on a loan type arrangement next year, and Sione Tuipulotu may not be retained.
Is Sione looking for a release? AFAIK he is contracted for 2019.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
91e6374d5a1d1350f86af4aac4468c88.png

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
RISING SQUAD announced good to see Pone in there, Maddock at Fly Half!

1 Sa’aga
2 Moloney
3 Erasmus
4 Rangi
5 Tuala
6 Luamanu
7 Weeks
8 Fa’amausili
9 Ainsley
10 Hosea
11 Haangana
12 Philip
13 Noa
14 Cottrell
15 Hardwick
16 Tupai
17 Noa
18 Leota
19 Naisarani
20 Ruru
21 Goddard
22 King
23 Maddocks
24 Leaupepe
25 Tui
26 Tuipulotu
27 Meakes
28 Goodall
29 English
30 Ratu
31 Naivalu
32 Masters
33 Valetini

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
He's spent more time at centre and fullback this year. He's good, in his first season in the DS he scored something ridiculous like 14 tries in 8 games.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thanks R3. Any info about him? What position does he play? Age? Height? Weight? Etc?

Is he as good/promising as Rob?

Kemu Valentini would be at least 25, and fairly standard size for an NRC level inside back. There's also Billy Valentini whose maybe 23 or 24, he's as big as Rob and a winger.

All the Valentini's are pretty talented, but I think Rob is just the first to have the mix of extreme work ethic and luck. Who knows where he'd be if the Super 20s wasn't running when he was coming through, and wasn't so short on tall forwards that they started a 17YO. He'd probably still be in Vic.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
It looks like Fuso have terminated their sponsorship of the Rebels - they were back of jersey sponsors - they are no longer listed as Rebels partners. Any one know why this happened?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
It looks like Fuso have terminated their sponsorship of the Rebels - they were back of jersey sponsors - they are no longer listed as Rebels partners. Anyone know why this happened?

Not sure if the agreement was terminated, or it just came to a natural end. There's a fairly decent list of sponsors/partners listed, so I'm not too worried.

Website maintenance has been sporadic at best. Craig is still listed as a coach, and he's been with HH for months now!

On another note, anyone noticed the website has been god awful slow to load any content over the last few weeks? Looks like the switching of hosting providers (Digital Ocean to Microsoft Azure) has made things worse! JUST USE AWS AND BE DONE WITH IT!

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Not sure if the agreement was terminated, or it just came to a natural end. There's a fairly decent list of sponsors/partners listed, so I'm not too worried.

Website maintenance has been sporadic at best. Craig is still listed as a coach, and he's been with HH for months now!

On another note, anyone noticed the website has been god awful slow to load any content over the last few weeks? Looks like the switching of hosting providers (Digital Ocean to Microsoft Azure) has made things worse! JUST USE AWS AND BE DONE WITH IT!
but do they have a new back of jersey sponsor to replace Fuso? LPG, ICS, Massey Ferguson, BLK, PFD and Yakult do seem like a good swamp of sponsors.
Will it be enough to balance the books?
Are there any other sponsors in the background waiting to sign up?
Any whispers about now that NRC is heating up?
the website works fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.