• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
What so you pay only $50 get t-shirts and other stuff that the normal members don't get and then expect the best seats that other people are paying $4-500
to secure?? Try buying a rwal membership or 3 game membership - Forever Red is for out of towners who aren't likely to get to games was my take

Steady up mate.
Firstly I've been a full member since they started playing full time at Lang Park, for one reason or another this year I'm not going to make it to even half the home games, with this option I can stay a member & show my support without paying for a full membership which I won't use.
Secondly I never said I wanted the best seats in the house.... But if I choose to buy a Platinum seat for a game I should be able to get the discount which they offer for the Silver or Gold seats and I should be able to buy the tickets to the games online for the discount that is offered for taking out this membership.
If it's going to be offered as a membership they should honour it as advertised.
In past years "normal" members also get caps, tshirts etc.... big deal, thats just icing on the cake.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I had huge doubts when they started this campaign but they have gone out and done it. Well done to all involved. Especially liked it that the players did a lot of work towards the end of last year handing out flyers in the city.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
With the Cheetahs getting over the Crusaders, this makes life interesting over the next few rounds. Couldn't have asked for a better result from our point of view. If the Stormers do the right thing and knock over the blues next week, we will be 4 or 5 points clear on top of the table. Carn the Stormers!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
With the Cheetahs getting over the Crusaders, this makes life interesting over the next few rounds. Couldn't have asked for a better result from our point of view. If the Stormers do the right thing and knock over the blues next week, we will be 4 or 5 points clear on top of the table. Carn the Stormers!

Yes but it will also be a loss that will drive the saders possibly making them more difficult to beat!

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Reds fans must be pleased as punch, what with their boys knocking over the Blues, the Stormers getting taken down by the Chiefs and the Cheetahs upsetting the Saders. Not only did all those teams lose, the Saders and Stormers were both beaten by teams outside the six.

T

TOCC

It definetly bodes well for the Reds in claiming a home semi-final, still a long road ahead with a potential 25(24 if a bye) competition points still on offer for any team in the comp.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Reds fans must be pleased as punch, what with their boys knocking over the Blues, the Stormers getting taken down by the Chiefs and the Cheetahs upsetting the Saders. Not only did all those teams lose, the Saders and Stormers were both beaten by teams outside the six.

Couldn't be happier! A couple of real left-field results, and just quietly, a pretty good result for the Tahs as well, so that's a bonus in trying to get 2 Aussie teams into the semis.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If you look through who all the top teams play over the remaining 5 weeks, I think it is quite possible that the Reds could drop 1 of their remaining 4 matches and still finish in the top 2.

Since I can't work out how to post a table, I'll just recreate my excel one. Matches against other contenders are in bold. If the Chiefs play well over the next few weeks, they could be a real danger game for the Reds in the final round. The round 17 matches of Tahs v Highlanders and Crusaders v Blues should be crackers.

The Reds and Crusaders probably have the best home stretches of games, Tahs and Bulls the worst.

2011 Finals Contenders

Australian Conference

Reds - 50 Points - Bye, Crusaders (H), Brumbies (H), Force (A), Chiefs (A)
Waratahs - 40 Points - Lions (H), Sharks (A), Bulls (A), Highlanders (H), Brumbies (H)

NZ Conference

Blues - 49 Points - Stormers (H), Bye, Chiefs (H), Crusaders (A), Highlanders (H)
Crusaders - 44 Points - Chiefs (H), Reds (A), Bye, Blues (H), Hurricanes (H)
Highlanders - 39 Points - Bye, Lions (H), Force (H), Waratahs (A), Blues (A)

South African Conference

Stormers - 44 Points - Blues (A), Brumbies (A), Rebels (A), Bulls (H), Cheetahs (A)
Sharks - 43 Points - Bulls (H), Waratahs (H), Cheetahs (A), Lions (A), Bulls (A)
Bulls - 36 Points - Sharks (A), Cheetahs (H), Waratahs (H), Stormers (A), Sharks (H)

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Reds easiest run home by far.
Bulls and Waratahs have it tough, but I wouldn't say Crusaders have an easy run, Canes and CHiefs will be tricky if they don't get many of their injured back

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Stormers have a pretty good run too.

Though good and even half-good teams seem to have found out how to crack the Stormers' code (or the Stormers are cracking it for themselves?). Once the famous defensive monolith is broken (actually and psychologically), the Stormers' attack capability seems surprisingly brittle.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Though good and even half-good teams seem to have found out how to crack the Stormers' code (or the Stormers are cracking it for themselves?). Once the famous defensive monolith is broken (actually and psychologically), the Stormers' attack capability seems surprisingly brittle.

Their attack has been pretty poor all year. Looking at their structures they are setting for the fast defensive line speed and leave little for attack. They also lack creativity in the halves.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
With the attacking threats the Stormers have in the backline, I have no idea why they continue to play the same bland style, even when teams have started to work them out. De Villiers, Fourie, Aplon, Habana can tear teams apart if given the opportunity. They desperatly need a creative 5/8 (that being said there isn't many in SA).

M

Maroon Army

The Sunnybank Colts and Premier grade were at the Chalk (worst pub ever) last night and one of the boys told me that the Premier grade team are expecting 10 Reds contracted players to turn out for them at home next weekend.

Can't wait!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
v GPS isn't in? Gulp.

Who though?

Anae
Gill
Schatz
Houston
Tapuia

Greg Holmes - maybe?