• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

There is a lot of movement at the Broncos in the key positions though, the probable signing of both Ben Barba and Anthony Milford would rule Hoffman out completely for the fullback position.. It's the position he played for New Zealand and in league it's also a higher $$ earning position... Wingers don't really rate that highly

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I watch the Broncos a fair bit and whilst I have no doubt Hoffman's ability in attack would be great I question his usefulness with the finer points of playing fullback in union such as positional play etc. I guess with the Reds not having a pure 15 at the moment though its worth a gamble.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I would have thought with Shipperly, Davies and CFS all established wingers, fullback might be a more likely option.

Considering the injury record of those three guys over the last few years though we seem to need wingers. Why I was a bit surprised that we let Morahan go.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Anyone know who the Bris Premier Grade lads invited to Reds training today were?

I know Samu Kerevi and Jonah Placid were there but any others?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Because the last league gamble (Will Chambers) worked so well. think bombed try vs. the Force. 2011.

Will Chambers prior to him destroying his shoulder was looking very good. He came back for a season, (the bombed try was close to his first touch) and was understandably gun shy. Never quite got back into it so parted ways with the Reds. Not saying that Josh would or wouldn't do better but I reckon you're being a bit harsh on Will.

T

TOCC

Yeah i wouldn't read too much into it all at this stage..

Both Milford and Barba have asked for released from their current clubs to return home to Brisbane which has upset Hoffman since they all three are fullbacks.

Fullback is a fairly critical position in League so no doubt if Hoffman is made available there will be plenty of interest and money from those clubs losing their current fullback(Bulldogs, Raiders, Cowboys)

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Because the last league gamble (Will Chambers) worked so well. think bombed try vs. the Force. 2011.

Was this the only game of his you ever watched? Because you could as easily have said, think try-saving tackles against the Bull and the Stormers, 2010.

T

TOCC

Ballymore is set to host its first A-League game in December this year when the Roar play their home game against Newcastle Jets..

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
While out at Wests yesterday heard that Michael Gunn & Jonah Placid (both Easts) have been training with the Reds. Good to see these two are on the radar, especially Gunn who has been noticed on Premier Rugby performances alone.

Also heard Aiden Toua might be turning out for Hawkes Bay in the ITM Cup after the Premier Rugby finals.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Murday played a cracking game yesterday in the ITM cup.

I expect him to be on the fringe of the reds squad next season. Maybe AWH's replacement.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Copped a hit from Sunnybank team mate PAE, playing for Waikato, and needed 9 stitches in his chin. Posted a pic on his facebook page.

T

tranquility

Mitch Wade will be added to the squad next year to add depth at hooker. I don't have confirmation, but I would imagine it would be in the wider training group.

T

tranquility

Not sure. But apparently he had been involved with the Brumbies this season, and will play a similar squad role for the Reds.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Would have thought there were better & younger hookers in premier grade like Maile Ngaumo perhaps Ready.

Good player but not a natural at hooker and I haven't ever really looked at him and thought he is Super material. But i honestly haven't seen a hooker that fits that bill in the whole comp; Maile and Ready just proabably have more potential for growth in them

Status
Not open for further replies.