• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I thought this too though it remains to be seen if RG will continue with QC (Quade Cooper) dropping back on defence. If so, someone like Mike Harris may be better suited to the 15 role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Easts #7, Michael Gunn.

Sign him on EPS contract, full squad contract, whatever it takes to ensure the kid stays in QLD for ever.

Once again demonstrated that he is one for the future. Man of the Match in today's GF at Ballymore in his first year of premier grade rugby. Only 18 years old.

Absolute freak.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I've heard rumors that the Brumbies are looking at him. Laurie Fisher was out there today to presumably watch him and Jarrad Butler.

You're right though, the kid is a freak and needs to be kept in QLD.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Under 19's rules encourage loose play in the piggies.

Proper fatties never really get the chance to learn and practice the Dark Arts of the Tight 5 as they grow up.

Any dual code fatties learn how to cuddle their opponents, and run 4 metres directly into them. After the ball carrier falls to the ground under the weight of numbers cuddling him, the contest finishes and the fatties have to retreat 10 metres.

Mungoball is a cancer on Rugby in more ways than one.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Easts #7, Michael Gunn.

Sign him on EPS contract, full squad contract, whatever it takes to ensure the kid stays in QLD for ever.

Once again demonstrated that he is one for the future. Man of the Match in today's GF at Ballymore in his first year of premier grade rugby. Only 18 years old.

Absolute freak.

Very good players unfortunately I dont see any point in the reds keeping him.

We already have 3 loose forwards who are on the wrong side of 190cm (Gill, Browning and robinson). Gunn is a very good player but I think it would be pointless to sign him when we have those 3 on deals that last for the next two years.

I feel opportunities will be more abounding at the brumbies for him, and probably better for his development.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Very good players unfortunately I dont see any point in the reds keeping him.

We already have 3 loose forwards who are on the wrong side of 190cm (Gill, Browning and robinson). Gunn is a very good player but I think it would be pointless to sign him when we have those 3 on deals that last for the next two years.

I feel opportunities will be more abounding at the brumbies for him, and probably better for his development.

Yep, I can totally understand that sentiment. I think it is unlikely that he would make the Reds side whilst Gill is around anyway.

I am not a fan of picking forwards based on height, particularly openside flankers who tend to be small in size and big in heart anyway. The bloke your username is named after would probably agree. If you have seen Gunn play you'd know his strength is his defence and presence in the ruck, being small helps him avoid opposing clean outs but he is also very good at pilfering.'That' tackle on Rod Davies at Bottomley Park was a highlight of the season.

Browning is not a 7, and never will be, so can't see how he figures into the equation. I get your point though but I am always of the belief that talent exceeds size and if they are good enough to be there, then let it be.

I wouldn't mind seeing him go down the the Brumbies for a year or two as it will do wonders for his development but at some point I'd love to see him pull on the Red jersey at Suncorp. That being said, he is still only 18 years old and has been living in Brisbane since he was a kid playing for the same club side (easts) since he was a junior. Packing everything up to move down to miserable, cold Canberra would be a big call at this stage in his career when he is still at least 2 years of Super level and the quality of the QLD domestic competition far exceeds that down south.

Who knows what offers might be around next year after another season of premier grade, the kid's potential is endless.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Can I just say that young Michael is a gent as well as a talented footballer - those two words going together are getting rarer these days

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Can I just say that young Michael is a gent as well as a talented footballer - those two words going together are getting rarer these days

Jarrad Butler is another that is a gent - has been lovely and patient when my young kids have talked to him down at Easts. Really nice guy and playing really well too (off to the Brumbies shortly).

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I thought this too though it remains to be seen if RG will continue with QC (Quade Cooper) dropping back on defence. If so, someone like Mike Harris may be better suited to the 15 role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if nothing else lachie is one solid defender, wouldnt see him missing too many tackles if he defended in the 10 channel

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I wish they had refrained from using the word 'era' at all. It was never an era. We won one title, and got embarrassed in our last two finals appearances.

What's the word on Enever? Hopefully he can fill out that 6'7" frame and give us another body-moving option in the middle row (that isn't Horwill) down the road.

In other news I am supremely jealous of that incredible ginger flo' that Quirk has going there.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The link era is pretty clearly defined by the time link was coach. We just missed the finals in his first year and then made the finals every year after. A pretty clear and successful era.

Status
Not open for further replies.