• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
When does training start again? I see the Force started back Monday, a very short turn around since they won the NRC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
I think this is a bit my fault but now we are talking about Dean Mumm and the All Blacks in the Reds thread?!?

Make it stop!!
Dean's dad sits on the board of Buildcorp, they are basically funding the development of the game so it is at least somewhat relevant.

Might also explain why Dean keeps getting picked ;)

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Real shame if we've lost Banks. If you look at the squad make up the it seems like it must have been between him and Ngamanu for the last outside back EPS contract. Hopefully they've made the right call (personally I don't think so but I've been wrong before)

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
When does training start again? I see the Force started back Monday, a very short turn around since they won the NRC.

They've been doing cardio work for a good month or so, I've seen plenty of pics from the lads running up Enoggera reserve + hitting the ergos at Urban Rowing in West End.

Has anyone heard how bad Kerevi's injury was/is? I saw he was put down for surgery, but was it just a quick scope/clean up or did he do something bad?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think the finished up their S&C stuff about a week ago and will be back in it for a few weeks prior to Christmas come the end of the month.

as for Tom Banks, this was in the 2017 Squad announcement:

In addition to the senior squad, Queensland Rugby has also signed a further nine development players to ensure the future success of the Reds. The Reds development squad includes 2016 Queensland/Australian Under 20 forwards Angus Scott-Young and Harry Hocking, Queensland Under 20s prop Harry Hoopert as well as promising young outside backs Tom Banks and Will Eadie.

Now, if he was offered a full contract elsewhere I don' think the Reds would stand in his way and nor should they.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I was worried about Moores age, but his last 2 Wallabies games have been some of his best, what an asset he will be in 2017

It;s a shame there is not a "dislike" button.

I think he is too old (purely based on his performances over the past year or so) and whist his last couple of games have been OK (or better than when he was playing shithouse) to me he is a wasted signing, unless we got him cheap.

We have young Ready who is a fine young bloke, going places. Would rather have seen a further investment in a younger guy full of promise.

The only attribute to me is his experience. Well we have a truckload of experienced forward players in Slipper, Simmons, Douglas, Smith, Houston and Higgers. And then on top of that we have a former top prop in the Coach and probably the world's best ever rugby player (IMO) in Brad Thorn to also mentor the group.

Anyway whats done is done and was done prior to Ready really stepping up.

Just hope we get some playing value out the Stephen.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
It;s a shame there is not a "dislike" button.

I think he is too old (purely based on his performances over the past year or so) and whist his last couple of games have been OK (or better than when he was playing shithouse) to me he is a wasted signing, unless we got him cheap.

We have young Ready who is a fine young bloke, going places. Would rather have seen a further investment in a younger guy full of promise.

The only attribute to me is his experience. Well we have a truckload of experienced forward players in Slipper, Simmons, Douglas, Smith, Houston and Higgers. And then on top of that we have a former top prop in the Coach and probably the world's best ever rugby player (IMO) in Brad Thorn to also mentor the group.

Anyway whats done is done and was done prior to Ready really stepping up.

Just hope we get some playing value out the Stephen.
Glad there is a like button. Besides Ready, who is playing well at the moment, there are young and upcoming players ready for the Super Rugby experience, Alex Mafi is signed with the Reds. The Reds need to grow the next gen of players coming through otherwise it will be same old same old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is Alex Mafi Super Ready? I've seen nothing to suggest he is. I'd be worried if he was our #2 #2 next season.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is Alex Mafi Super Ready? I've seen nothing to suggest he is. I'd be worried if he was our #2 #2 next season.
Personally I just don't agree with Moore's signing, next we'll see Genia back taking away a chance for a young player like Tuttle and so on and so on. We are loosing some good prospects to the signing of league players and oldies. Mason, Banks etc. Bring back Liam Gill who left in his prime not players on the out.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Surely any good side balances youth and experience.

If too much of the focus is developing players for the future it's unlikely there will be that much success. Player turnover is going to happen regardless.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Personally I just don't agree with Moore's signing, next we'll see Genia back taking away a chance for a young player like Tuttle and so on and so on. We are loosing some good prospects to the signing of league players and oldies. Mason, Banks etc. Bring back Liam Gill who left in his prime not players on the out.

The Moores of the world are essential when you are blooding lots of players.
Their value is not just what they can do in the field,it's showing the younger guys what is needed to prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.