• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Yep, and the other two both have much higher salaries. Damned selfish of them. There is national pride at stake and they keep pinching the bulk of our best athletes!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
A week before the 10's? I wonder if that means he won't be fronting up for that?

EDIT: Just had a quick read through the 10's thread and it's been reported in there that it was reported somewhere else that each team must field their 5 highest paid players. So Quade is either not in the top 5 earners at Ballymore (not likely), or he's going to play Rugby 7 days after getting beat around the head. Or the third option: the reported 5 top earners playing isn't 100% correct.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
A week before the 10's? I wonder if that means he won't be fronting up for that?

EDIT: Just had a quick read through the 10's thread and it's been reported in there that it was reported somewhere else that each team must field their 5 highest paid players. So Quade is either not in the top 5 earners at Ballymore (not likely), or he's going to play Rugby 7 days after getting beat around the head. Or the third option: the reported 5 top earners playing isn't 100% correct.
He will play the Tens. He doesn't exactly fight boxing greats

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)

Or, if he's injured he'll get a medical exemption (as all injured players would) and if he isn't, he'll play.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)

I read it was 5 of their top 10 highest paid.

T

TOCC

Have you watched any of the SBW or Quade fights, they are set up against amateurs with little training.. on fitness levels alone any professional rugby/league player should win, they are orchestrated to win.. if Quade cops more then a few punches to the head then his manager has failed him

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yes that is of course true TOCC. But it's still two guys in a ring punching. Selection of the oponent does not remove the risk.

I really love Quade doing this in the off season it adds to the interest surrounding Quade and the Reds. Certainly I will pay for the fight when I wouldnt have bothered without Quade on the schedule.

What worries me is previously in the fight build up we have had reports from the boxing coach and build up around Quade's preparation. This time nothing. Lets just hope it has been a matter of priority on the reporting and NOT little preparation. Preparation is the only real way to address the risk.

I'd hate to see us have to start the season with Jake starting at pivot.

T

TOCC

He would have had sparring sessions harder then this fight will be IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I don't want to see Quade hurt at all.

He is a very important cog in the Reds wheel

But I think most punters out there would like to see Quade absolutely flogged in the ring. It might be the only way to get through to him he ain't a boxer.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It will be interesting to see just what players Stiles chooses for the 10's, keeping in mind the Reds play the Rebels only 2 days later.

IMO both outings should be treated as trials. The higher profile guys like Slipper, Simmons, Smith, Moore, Douglas, Quade, Kerevi (if ok to go), Higgers should only make cameo appearances at the 10's, and be ready to go hard at the Rebels.

Let Latham and the young guys bear the brunt of the 10's.

In other words, our starting Super side to play the Rebels.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think the QRU will be pushing hard for the best team to play the 10s.

Prize money would go someway to helping them out of a MASSIVE hole while a home town win would also help legitimize it here for next year's event, where the QRU I believe still get a cut of hospitality at least, etc.

T

TOCC

Maybe ease Slipper, Simmons and Moore back into it, but everyone else should be considered to play, including Kerevi, Douglas and Cooper.

Higgers would be dependant on whether his own fitness and injuries he is carrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.