• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Has his stint in South Africa reset his Aussie qualification, and thus the chance the Reds have to sign him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
He and Ruan already got their citizenship back in 2015 so I don't think it would affect it.

Ruan's been playing in Japan but as far as I know, doesn't have a contract elsewhere in between the Japanese seasons

T

TOCC

Citizenship doesn't translate to World Rugby eligibility rules though, that's why there were potentially a few strange cases at the Olympics.. conversely, been capped as a Wallaby doesn't automatically mean you can play for Australia at Olympics

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Probs wont see much of Higs at Tens, and probs not H.Tui and Smith at all, but expect to see alot of Korzcyke & Timu.

Based on the Brumbies squad, I'm partially supported in my view that traditional locks/taller 'workrate' players will probably be the most underused profile of player at 10s. Lack the mobility in the open space.

A couple big utility backrows, one with an emphasis on setpiece and another on muscles would be the best starting ' 2nd row ' combination, with an enforcer big body and a speed man on the bench. EG

Reds probs in the best place as the non Wallaby locks LTui has great skills, Neville has great speed and massive engine, Korzyke and Higs are Runnings Jumping Backrowers and Timu & Houston are runnings enforcers.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
anyone know who this is?

Capture.JPG

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
That's Lacey. More of a wing I'd have thought. I'd love to know why the Force let him slip- since Richard Graham got the arse, we have been pretty good at giving local talent a red hot go.
I would have thought he'd get more chance to play with the Force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
When are regular season tickets on sale? Ticketek is only listing the Rebels trial as far as I can see.

pom

Frank Row (1)

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

it is disappointing if he does not attend but I only care that he plays every game this season up until and including the grand final.

T

TOCC

His fight will be in Adelaide on the same night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
So former Brumby Jean Pierre Smith is back in Qld and playing on the Sunshine Coast.

I wonder if he's a chance to snag a training spot? A handy back up prop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say he'd be just as good as Pettowa Paraka and Markus Vanzati.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
JP played at the brumbies last year? did a jap stint? He is a THP, Paraka and Vanzati are LHP.

Thats why Sanday and Kite have been around, as THP backup.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
IMO Reds best 23 for Round 1 2017

1. James Slipper
2. Stephen Moore
3. Sam Talakai
4. Rob Simmons
5. Kane Douglas
6. Hendrik Tui
7. George Smith
8. Scott Higginbotham
9. Nick Frisby
10. Quade Cooper
11. Eto Nabuli
12. Duncan Paia'aua
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Lachlan Maranta
15. Karmichael Hunt
RESERVES
16. Andrew Ready
17. Set Fa'agase
18. Taniela Tupou
19. Caderyn Neville
20. Leroy Houston
21. James Tuttle
22. Izaiah Perese
23. Campbell Magnay/Jake McIntyre

Would have Chris F'Sautia in there for sure but isn't available til at least April/May
Thoughts?
Personally I think that's enough to make reds fans excited for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.